MO - Four similar homicides on Indian Creek Trail in Kansas City Aug 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Uh, maybe so the killer won't *kill someone again* on the trail?

I mean the only way to catch him (assuming it's a him) by secretly installing cameras is to get video of him stalking or murdering the next trail victim. I'm not comfortable with random trail-goers being collateral damage and I'm surprised anyone else would be.

Uh that's exactly the point. Why let it be known cameras are going up? That's only going to deter the killer to go WAY down the trail somewhere, but where? which way? We wouldn't know until someone else gets killed. And I'm sure no one here is comfortable with any one being collateral damage.
The killer is a killer no matter WHERE he is.

I do believe though the cameras are being put up so it makes people feel more safe being on the trails.

Why would it be announced that cameras were being put up on this trail?

While it is a safety device, allegedly, for citizens, it may be a strong deterrent for the killer to go elsewhere. Truthfully, how much security does it really offer the average person on the trail?

A person would need to be sitting at the monitors 24 hours a day and the chances of catching this killer is slim now that he knows about the cameras.

My opinions only.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

This is not a sniper attack. I can safely discount that theory.

PM me if you'd like my analysis on a specific case. Just give me a basic run down. I am very interested in doing another case, but I don't want to jump into (FORUM 3900, PAGE 5700 JB RAMSEY).

Him being shot in the parking lot certainly does discount that theory, but I don't think the dogs do.

On another note, welcome to WS :). And, if you're so inclined, please check out the Missy Bevers threads and the Abigail Williams/LIberty German threads and weigh in about your theories :).

Unable to comment on the latter. Willing to look at the first if you PM as described above.

Interesting. I had an individual who wished to remain private indicate this area wasn't as safe as you described. Not saying you or that individual is lying, I do not know; I am not from the area. I do know that contradictory feelings of safety are common, subjective.

Uh that's exactly the point. Why let it be known cameras are going up? That's only going to deter the killer to go WAY down the trail somewhere, but where? which way? We wouldn't know until someone else gets killed. And I'm sure no one here is comfortable with any one being collateral damage.
The killer is a killer no matter WHERE he is.

I do believe though the cameras are being put up so it makes people feel more safe being on the trails.

You have a tight geography area where murders have occurred. This is his comfort zone. Once again, if he is wearing runner's clothes without any sort of concealing garment, he never will stick out; on camera or not on camera.

If he strikes again elsewhere, that tells you something about the offender, too. A need to strike, maybe?

Gotta stop crimes where bad guys are known to hang out. If they move, so do you.

Well, Nick, if you want to lay out your reasons why you say it's not a sniper, I'd welcome that.

I'm not buying the homeless angle, for many of the reasons you gave earlier.

Unable to comment on the latter. Willing to look at the first if you PM as described above.

I sent you the link to the latest Missy Bevers thread, although I just realized you will be unable to comment on it if you cared to since it's locked until further notice :).

My question, were there anyone sounds of the gun being fired at the time? Did killer use a silencer?

My question, were there anyone sounds of the gun being fired at the time? Did killer use a silencer?

I have wondered that too! Surely someone in Willow Creek apt. complex would have heard a gunshot?

That could mean that the killer had a silencer, which is premeditated killing right? He intentionally went to kill and not care who it was. That to me looks like a sniper type/serial killer. And there is a gap from 2016 to 2017 killing.Have we missed any other killings that fit this MO? Could he have been somewhere else and now is in the KCMO area? Could he moving onto his next destination?

Is there a wide enough range of sexes/ages/ethnicities using those trails to make the choices of victim significant?

Have we missed any other killings that fit this MO?

http://fox4kc.com/2017/05/24/kansas-city-police-investigating-homicide-where-man-was-shot/

Who knows. A man was shot last night off Bales Ave ... very little information as of yet. This is in the same general area of the investigation.

I know people have said this is a nice neighborhood and for the most part, that's true. But like many KC nice neighborhoods, it butts right up against the not so nice, and a man being shot in the general vicinity is just par for the nightly news.

I know. I lived in Kansas City Kansas for 10 years and traveled to Johnson County to work. But going to the plaza, or over to City Market, I was always on guard of my surroundings. Homeless, even strange characters need to be looked at in those areas. I have learned that people will do anything just to get a little money to curb their addictions. This killing near the trail makes me feel that this is someone not from the area.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/05/24/kansas-city-police-investigating-homicide-where-man-was-shot/

Who knows. A man was shot last night off Bales Ave ... very little information as of yet. This is in the same general area of the investigation.

I know people have said this is a nice neighborhood and for the most part, that's true. But like many KC nice neighborhoods, it butts right up against the not so nice, and a man being shot in the general vicinity is just par for the nightly news.

57th and Bales isn't really in the same general area IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back