MO - Four similar homicides on Indian Creek Trail in Kansas City Aug 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great question, Jane. Love this kind of inquiry and would love to hear KC metro residents replies.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/05/24/kansas-city-police-investigating-homicide-where-man-was-shot/

Who knows. A man was shot last night off Bales Ave ... very little information as of yet. This is in the same general area of the investigation.

I know people have said this is a nice neighborhood and for the most part, that's true. But like many KC nice neighborhoods, it butts right up against the not so nice, and a man being shot in the general vicinity is just par for the nightly news.

Cross streets and hundred blocks, please?

I am abundantly confident this was not the work of a sniper.

1) Snipers are publicized by LE personnel. It's a matter of public safety, frankly.

2) Incredibly uncommon to have a sniper who has that long of a, "fuse."

3) Snipers generally like to operate around consist times of day, with regards to ideology listed above.

I mean, DarkStar, you're right; middle aged-older white men seem to just be dropping over after some sort of violent act in this area, over the span of the last six months.

It's just so unlikely LE wouldn't tell the public. Even less likely is a serial sniper with this long of fuse.

This looks a lot to me like a deranged younger male, likely without a father. Or an older male without kids, just educated guesses. Still need a ton more information on this case though. I've begun to dig into STL, OKC and Denver unsolved cases. I'm not discounting a highway or interstate killer. Would be easy to jump over into Kansas after a killing. Theoritically, law enforcement wouldn't receive a statewide bulletin in a neighboring state. Only are issued for the states in which the crimes occur. Not really true anymore, however.

I'm not discounting anything at this point, truthfully.

These ones baffle me; "long fuse perps." Frequently, they baffle investigators, as well.

Well, Nick, if you want to lay out your reasons why you say it's not a sniper, I'd welcome that.

I'm not buying the homeless angle, for many of the reasons you gave earlier.

And sorry to not quote you in my reply, it's posted above.

-Nick

I sent you the link to the latest Missy Bevers thread, although I just realized you will be unable to comment on it if you cared to since it's locked until further notice :).

Not commenting on that case due to a myriad of factors. Be interested to read citizen's thoughts, though. PM me the link to the forum(s)?

Cross streets and hundred blocks, please?

5700 block of Bales ... about 15 min up 71 hwy from the linked 4 bodies

Times and location of the 4
attachment.php

Last night 2 people were shot in their car at I435 & Holmes - http://www.kctv5.com/clip/13362274/2-shooting-victims-found-in-vehicle-near-104th-holmes
This was a man & woman.

Attachments

• Trialkillings.jpg
    Trialkillings.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 150
I don't see it anywhere in print yet, but KSHB evening news just said the FBI is investigating.

Back after a long holiday weekend with family..here all day. Getting caught up now.

I encourage you to fly our flag today, American Citizens. Freedom don't come free.

Looking at this I am more inclined to discount Rice completely. It appears perhaps this small creek could have some sort of significance to him.

I don't see it anywhere in print yet, but KSHB evening news just said the FBI is investigating.

FBI if near state lines/major, unsolved and violent crimes. Nearly always available if municipal, county or state law enforcement requests their assistance. HSI if some sort of entry from a foreign party or item has occurred, ATF if a firearm is involved, etc. Never read too much into federal agency involvement. Should be a given.

Certainly fits. Only 11 days since the last strike. As explained in an earlier post, I believe he is escalating at a rapid pace. KC metropolitan residents: Please post any media links, geographic information or any other pertinent materials you come across. Also, request the moderator, "bump," this, "thread." I think those are the right terms. In basic terms; I would request this page be expedited to the front page as an offender appears to be amidst a serious pattern of escalating behaviors.

As I suspected, this one is puzzling.

Information for this writing was found utilizing an online search engine. This search engine displayed results of webpages. These webpages contain publicly available information. All pertinent informational credit belongs to the aforementioned webpages.

Start broad, become more specific. My first note after geographically mapping each crime scene was not the creek, it was the interstate. It would appear that each of these 4 crimes occurred in close proximity to interstates that run north, south, east and west. More troublesome, in my mind, is the nearby state line. If this suspect crossed back into Kansas, generally, this would become a federally led investigation due it's interstate nature. Assuming these crimes are of the serial nature, you've got to jump back and delve into each case.

Chronologically, Palmer (08/16), would be this offender's first victim. The phrase, "words matter," is extraordinarily important in this analysis. KMBC reported in their August article headline, "man found slain on south KC walking trail." In the first sentence of this article it states, "man found slain off a walking trail." Very different areas, obviously. Further research of this crime revealed that he was found off the walking trail in a, "wooded area." That makes it a whole different ballgame. If he was found off the trail, where was he murdered? Was he lured into the woods or vegetation that surrounds most trails? Were their items of evidentiary value found on the trail? For example, were his keys found on the trail, while his body was found off the trail? The presence of physical evidence such as a clump of hair, blood or other bodily fluids along the trail would suggest the crime began here. Did a struggle ensue and physical evidence show perhaps their encounter began on the trail and finish in the woods? Was their no physical evidence present along the trail? If that's the case, it must be looked at if this was a crime scene, or simply the scene where a body was dumped. The month of August also has warm temperatures. This means that the decomposition process of the human body begins rapidly. A cause of death can't always be determined. But, it can almost always be determined how long a body has been deceased.

Lennox (02/17), wasn't found along the trail at all. While it is true he was found in close proximity to the trail, he was actually found in an apartment parking lot. This apartment complex is located within a few hundred yards of the trail, from what I gather. First thought that comes to mind, was he running home to get help? I'd sure like to know if he had his cell phone on him in order to further or discount this theory. The local newspaper's website states that he was found at 1050 PM. Residential areas have frequent vehicle and foot traffic. Shared living buildings or apartments have even more traffic. This leads me to believe that the victim was not deceased for long before first responders arrived. A body located within a residential parking lot would be discovered much quicker than along a trail. A body in the woods is very different than a body in the streets. This suggests a difference in type of offender, too. Unless, the offender didn't kill him on the trail. As the Kansas City Star reported, the victim was a Vietnam Veteran, per family members. Were their signs of a physical struggle that would support this theory?

Rice (04/17), is sort of an anomaly, I believe. According to his obituary, he was from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. A quick google search showed this to be a good distance away from where was found. He was found in a shelter house at a park. This park was close to the trail mentioned in the first two crimes. The shelter house reported appears to be similar to where family functions or gatherings would take place, usually. I believe many refer to a shelter house as a, "pavilion." One of my initial thoughts, what mode of transportation was he using that day? If he arrived by car, why was he so far away from home in Excelsior Springs at 10 AM? If he arrived by bike or was found wearing workout clothes, perhaps he was exercising along the trail. Even then, that seems like an incredible distance to have traveled utilizing physical exertion. What brought him to the shelter house? Photos of the scene by the local NBC affiliate depict law enforcement personnel amidst a cloudy backdrop. Did it start raining and he was looking for shelter? This crime is the most puzzling to me. This one seems to make the least sense on how he was killed.

Darby (05/17), at the surface, appears to be the victim of an escalating offender. As the Kansas City Star reported, he was killed around 630 AM. His dogs were found at or near the scene. That means it happened within an hour or less of when he was found, I'd guess. It also means that you have a fairly narrow crime scene, certainly. I look at the time of the crime and it's the first thing that I notice; at their peak, trails have the most cyclist or foot traffic in the morning. I would assert this offender was incredibly brazen. Even if the crime occurred along a quieter portion of the trail; people are running, people are biking, the attack had to have been quick. I'm guessing the victim was attacked in a fairly rapid manner. The offender, "had the jump." Perhaps the dog was pulling in a different direction or barking at wildlife, the victim turned his attention to his animal. It is my best guess that something had the victim's focus. That's when the offender struck. I guess this because had the victim resisted greatly or yelled for help, other trail travelers would have seen the suspect. Or, perhaps they did see the suspect? If this offender is engaged solely in crimes where the victim can't provide a recollection of the suspect's identity, the individual wouldn't need to conceal their face with a mask or garment. Perhaps the offender blended in wearing workout clothes, appearing to be a morning runner.

This offender appears to be escalating with the recent brazen crime. Normally, media coverage would cause an offender to, "lie low." I think of the Phoenix Serial Street Shooter case, as an example. In that case, his crimes were discovered to be connected. Along with this, a victim survived. This victim gave law enforcement a description of the suspect and a sketch rendition was developed. Clearly, this case lacks a suspect description.

Baffling why a human being would ever feel the need to kill one person. Perplexing why a human being would ever feel the need to kill multiple people.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

Twice in one month. Statistically, a severe uptick in occurrence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back