MO - Four similar homicides on Indian Creek Trail in Kansas City Aug 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rounds or bullets are minuscule when compared to the size of the average human body. It's a common misconception that law enforcement typically can recover rounds that hit the human body. That's not the case. Fragmentation occurs when the round impacts the body, to what extent is determined by the caliber among other things. Either way, rounds recovered from the body aren't shiny and easy to compare right off the bat as depicted by television shows.

With regards to your remarks on the caliber type, it has to be looked at from an investigative point of view. If law enforcement personnel are able to recover rounds of comparable value, they're not going to let the public know that information. They can't say publicly in all likelihood because they don't want to tip their hand.

Yes, law enforcement should at least make the public aware if they determine they're connected. They should not disclose any case specific information, however.

(Please join us in NOCO if you are so inclined!)

Nick, I enjoy your posts, but where were dogs mentioned? Did I miss that?
Would you leave a gal (the daughter) to call police and find body (off the main trail)? Most men I know would not do this. They would have the gal call 911 and then speak with them himself.

I realize the 5th victim was younger and had a record so is not being counted as part of the "perhaps" four other homicides.

Someone posted the articles just above this post. Maybe VictoriaH? I'm not sure but the articles should be located directly above this post. Importantly, in the aforementioned article, it states the body had been there for awhile.

Not sure what daughter you're referring to you in your question. I would not leave any child after discovering a human body, no. For that matter I would not leave anyone after making this hypothetical discovery.

Now if I was a vagrant individual, with a warrant or two for let's say drugs and didn't want to go to prison as I'd already been convicted of drug use twice, perhaps I'd reconsider. People don't like the police these days. It never used to be that way. Some citizens do not trust law enforcement; in 2017, it appears many citizen's do not trust law enforcement considering the high profile incidents. As written above, it was stated by law enforcement that this body had been there for quite some time. As such, decomposition was in all likelihood occurring. Google the stages of decomposition, they aren't very pretty.

Criminals don't want to speak to the police as a rule of thumb. The police are the bad guys, in their eyes. If the individual had warrants, a prior criminal record or a percieved negative encounter with law enforcement they don't want to be found near a dead body, in my opinion.

Basically, many plausible explanations exsist that would explain the individual who found the body leaving the scene. The majority of these explanations would rule out this individual's involvement. However, they would definitely be a person of interest.

Fight. Flight. Fright. Which physiological reaction occurred after the individual witnessed a traumatic event like viewing a deceased individual?

I cant get a link unless i type out by hand, but Brian Darby says police said there was no evidence of a struggle.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article151613637.html
One post in the forum says that Darbys murder was brutal.

OK..that was too much work. ill have to search how to copy links from tab to tab on chrome. Question for you Nick, why do the articles say slain etc? just for drama? i am asking you because you say words matter and I agree.
Everyone: Thanks for being patient. I am trying to post correctly.

Slain is simply a descriptive adjective used by the media, usually. I've never heard a law enforcement leader state, "this victim was slain." That would describe the method in which a death occurred. Something like the word heinous would describe the nature of the death.

Thanks for asking, continue shooting questions my way.

-Nick

(Please join us in NOCO if you are so inclined!)

Link me or message me with further details. Like I said, I consider that to be top 5 most baffling cases I've studied.

Pretty solid article on the cases and possible relation. Academic and researcher analysis was the standard, "the books and statistics show these facts are likely." Some of it aligned with my original long analysis in the first few pages of this cases thread. I do agree with the gentleman they interviewed as an expert who stated the demographics of the victims are rare; older white men. I believe this too was written about early in this thread by me. He's right on at least one part for sure, very strange to select exclusively older white males if this is the work of one offender.

It is always beneficial to consult the statistics and research on serial offenders.

Yes, statistics never lie.

More importantly, statistics never tell the full truth.

Did one of the articles say the woman's daughter was a (young) girl? I formed the impression they were both adults, but it doesn't seem to really say?

I had that impression as well. There are so many articles out there it's time consuming to try and find specific ones. Then, with locals, you can't remember if you heard it on the news or reading it in article.

If the best current theory is that this is a serial killer, with an escalating frequency of murders, what would we anticipate the next window of commission to be? Do perps commonly manage to extend the time between crimes once there's been that increase in frequency? Just random questions that occurred to me.

If the best current theory is that this is a serial killer, with an escalating frequency of murders, what would we anticipate the next window of commission to be? Do perps commonly manage to extend the time between crimes once there's been that increase in frequency? Just random questions that occurred to me.

Is this directed at me?

This whole case strongly reminds me of the James Dale Ritchie case. If they catch this guy, my gut tells me it will likely be someone similar (intelligent, but very isolated and troubled. Feels wronged by the world, and has come to the end of the rope so to speak and is lashing out).

Hello everyone!!! New information to examine, perfect. I'll read it here in a few. Thanks to Margarita25 for quoting me and bringing my attention back to this case.

As an aside, I have completed the verification process and am awaiting my profile to be updated by administrators.

- Nick

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back