MO MO - Freda Denman, Sheri & Michael Johnson, Independence, Nov 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To be fair, since I posted a link to this site there i will post a link to my site here:
http://indepmo.com/forum/
There isn't really any details on this case there but maybe we can change that? Of course there is also "police types" on the site who might find this place interesting as well!! I hope I am starting something!!!!!

shelsearay said:
Yes, there is a major road, it winds down by a river, through unpopulated hills, near a railroad track. It is isolated even today, and certainly would have been a place to hide, 30 years ago. The most ironic thing is the fact it is directly South of where Freda lived, only approx. 2 miles. She lived within 30 feet of Noland Road in Independence, these remains were found on Noland Road in Kansas City, MO.

Just a thought - someone else may have already brought up, but none the less...

Since she lived so close to a railroad track, I would check and see if it was still in operation. If so, maybe check and see where routine stops were. My guess is that if he murdered Freda he'd hop the train to get out of town quickly. Nobody would see him get on, nobody would see him get off, and nobody would see him with two children.

I havent spoken with Shelsearay in a long time..I still have her contact info though, I'll try reaching out to her and see if there's anything new to report.

I would love to hear an update. This case has fascinated me for a long time. I have followed Sharon Marshall's case closely and the connections between the two is really interesting. In addition to having the answers as to what happened to Michael and Sharon Floyd may know what happened to Freda and Sheri Lynn too. It just drives me nuts that he is still alive and we could find out these answers if he would just tell. I just keep hoping upon his death he will reveal the truth. Hopefully the old perverted geezer's death will be much sooner than later.

originally posted by gaia227

Freda Denman and her two children missing from Independence, MO
Freda and her two children disappeared in 1975 and so did Freda's husband Henry Harbison. They were not reported missing until five months later by their landlord. LE found Freda's clothes in the house but Henry and the children's clothes were missing. There was a blood stain on a sofa cushion.
LE suspects that Henry killed his wife and two step-children and took off. Considering he has never resurfaced causes me to wonder if he too was not abducted and murdered with them.

The case was reopened in 2004.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/denman_freda.html

bump

I would love to hear an update. This case has fascinated me for a long time. I have followed Sharon Marshall's case closely and the connections between the two is really interesting. In addition to having the answers as to what happened to Michael and Sharon Floyd may know what happened to Freda and Sheri Lynn too. It just drives me nuts that he is still alive and we could find out these answers if he would just tell. I just keep hoping upon his death he will reveal the truth. Hopefully the old perverted geezer's death will be much sooner than later.
The update is that there is no update. The Independence PD has recently changed Chiefs. I know that Freda's family will be contacting the new Chief to see if he is more agreeable to allow the NCMEC to investigate the case, since they do not have the time nor the resouces to do so. It was mentioned that Freda's family does not have any new evidence that would cause Independence to call in the NCMEC; however, there have been a number of individuals that were both involved with Henry Harbison and members of the Church of the New Song, that have not been interviewed. Unfortunately, two people that may know what happened to the children have both died. One was Ershell Lee Dutton. He did time in the Alabama prison system. He was also at Atmore in Alabama at the same time as Henry. He escaped from Atmore at around the same time the children disappeared and went with his girlfriend and her son to Nebraska, to visit a friend of the girlfriend. The father of the son was hot on their trail with the FBI. After filing a FOIA request with the government on Ershell, there was nothing found in spite of the fact the FBI was pursuing him. A further problem is that Alabama is a non-disclosure state, so it is difficult to get information from there. That's the update. Did Ershell Lee Dutton have anything to do with moving the children? Also, after Freda disappeared, a person by the name of "Bud" called her employer to get her paycheck mailed to him. Bud is the name of one of the former inmates at the Church of the New Song in Iowa City. . . . .standby, and thanks for asking.

http://www.doenetwork.bravepages.com/profiles/SDenman.html

Shelley's sister in law Freda Denman had married a career criminal and disappeared, never to be heard from, again. She vanished in November of 1974 along with her two children, Sheri Lynn and Michael . Freda's parents passed away without knowing what happened to her and her children. The family held out hope for many years that they would re-appear.

Shelley and Shannon worked on researching the circumstances of their disappearance for three years, until February 2003. They decided to really expand their efforts into cyberspace and needed somewhere to post their disappearance. In that effort they found Wes Neville one of the Doe Network's Forensic Artists. They corresponded with him and he drew an age enhanced picture of Freda's criminal husband for them.

As i just posted on the Christina Carter site, Freda's family is wondering if Hueytown, AL was a gathering place for some of the members of the Church of the New Song. We will be looking into some of the players that were associated with Henry Harbison at the time of Freda and the childrens' disappearance. Specifically, where were, John Price, Mary Deese, Henry Harbison aka Mike Johnson, Ershell Lee Dutton. Henry did time at Atmore, Ershell's girlfriend worked at Atmore in the Warden's house.. . . .. . We're looking into this.

I was directed to this thread from a thread on an UID Adult Female and 3 children. MadeaBecBec did a side-by-side of Freda and the UID. I think she's on to something. Here are the links to her observation and her side-by-side:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NH-UID Adult Female and 3 Children- Allenstown New Hampshire (found in 1985 and 2000)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NH-UID Adult Female and 3 Children- Allenstown New Hampshire (found in 1985 and 2000)

This is such a sad story. Have there been any updates to this? It was really getting a lot of attention back in 2005.

This is an interesting case. Has anyone ever found relatives of Henry Harbison's to get DNA? Perhaps he was found years later, dead, or has been in the detention system more recently? Is there any active investigation going on at all? I saw it was reopened in 2004, but then saw there was a change in LE...someone, somewhere has to know something...

I'm not too familar with this case and have not caught up on all the posts yet. I was trying to find out information on an unidentified male in Georgia from 1980 and he had a photo of a little girl. The girl looks just like Sheri Lynn Johnson to me and was wondering if anyone looked into this yet? How old was Henry in 1980 ?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1029umga.html

Wow Janet--this is a really good find. I think they look a lot alike too! Maybe you should submit it to Doe Network or the LE working on their case! The only discrepancy that I see is that the UID male from GA was blond, and Henry Harbison was dark-haired.
I'm not too familiar with this case and have not caught up on all the posts yet. I was trying to find out information on an unidentified male in Georgia from 1980 and he had a photo of a little girl. The girl looks just like Sheri Lynn Johnson to me and was wondering if anyone looked into this yet? How old was Henry in 1980 ?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1029umga.html

Wow Janet--this is a really good find. I think they look a lot alike too! Maybe you should submit it to Doe Network or the LE working on their case! The only discrepancy that I see is that the UID male from GA was blond, and Henry Harbison was dark-haired.

Maybe it's not Henry Harbison, but someone else that had something to do with the case or an innocent relative that kept her picture. Does the name Pam T Dwight or Pam + Dwight mean anything to anyone in the family?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back