MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
20 minutes? That's a long time to be pounding on a door with no answer. It doesn't seem true to me. Why would one stand there pounding on a door for 20 minutes if nobody answers? First thought would be nobody home imo.
Probably because two of the victim's cars were parked out front and there was no answer to texts, phone calls and knocking/ringing the door? These family members were frantic, they were worried and scared, as you can imagine.

If he had a security system, it must've resembled sleigh bells hanging on a door knob. His security system failed to go off when a basement window was broken and someone used it as a point of ingress, walking up to the main floor.
But he was back home then. My security system isn't armed when I am at home during the day. And I won't hear banging if I am up in the shower ... there are possibilities out there.

I await the toxicology findings.

A Top ex-NYPD cop and attorney Paul Mauro says that police 'could change their minds' about the case not being a homicide investigation as a 'number of things don't quite add up'

A Top ex-NYPD cop and attorney Paul Mauro says that police 'could change their minds' about the case not being a homicide investigation as a 'number of things don't quite add up'

Wow. Yes, exactly. I’ve been assuming that they are changing their minds already.

Is it possible it's carbon monoxide poisoning or something like that, they started feeling I'll so went outside? JW was elsewhere and not affected... ? Lots of alcohol, drugs could add to it.
If it was CO, I'd expect the person inside to be dead and the ones outside to be the survivors.

MOO

parents of Harrington have opened up with their concerns . “I’m thinking that he, the three of them learned something or saw something that they shouldn’t have seen, and he decided, ‘Well, I need to get rid of you now.’ Friends or not.”
IMO this makes absolutely no sense. If that happened, who would stay in the house for two days? He's got a PHD. He's got to make a 6 figure income. He'd have just murdered 3 of his best friends. He's be on a private jet to Belize or Venezuela...somewhere without an extradition treaty with the US. Not lounging around in his boxers just waiting for LE for 2 days.

Top ex-NYPD cop says rapidly unfolding details in bizarre case of three Chiefs fans found dead in frozen garden could lead local police to 'change their minds' after insisting it is NOT a homicide investigation

• A former cop says that police 'could change their minds' about the case not being a homicide investigation as a 'number of things don't quite add up'
  • Three men were found dead in the garden of a friend in Kansas City, Missouri on January 9 following a football watch party two days earlier
  • A number of odd factors have come to light including two cars left in the friends driveway, unanswered messages and a fifth friend's dispute of the homeowners account
A former NYPD officer has suggested the bizarre case of three Kansas City Chiefs found dead in their friends Kansas City garden could be declared a homicide investigation as rapidly changing details emerge.

On January 9, the bodies of David Harrington, Ricky Johnson and Clayton McGeeney were found dead in Jordan Willis' backyard following a football watch party two days earlier.

Former investigator and attorney Paul Mauro told Fox and Friends 'there are a number of things in this story that don't quite add up.

The cops have some things to pull at here. The chief of police has said this is a hundred percent not a homicide at this point, he could change his mind' he explained.

'That doesn't mean there isn't something that they're looking at.
'People have said lets wait for the toxicology report, the autopsy and see if any substance was involved.

'”But they do have some other avenues, they have Mr Willis who is alive and they have this fifth person who was alive.

Adding: 'And then you have their electronics, and they're already asking for the passwords.'

'

Last edited by a moderator:
But lawyers are supposed to put a stop to these kinds of things.

That's why I'm so baffled that his lawyer keeps putting out conflicting statements.
Agree lawyers are meant to be covering their clients asses, ensuring their story makes sense before making a statement. Having conflicting timelines and statements only seem to make sense if the client is panicking and making alteration/ potentially remembering things they forgot (eg. From also being intoxicated).

I think the most likely explanation, which others have already mentioned, is that all four (or five) men took something, and the survivor(s) lucked out by not being outside in the cold. Depending on what the "something" was, the homeowner may genuinely not have much recollection of what happened.

I could, of course, be totally wrong. But that seems the most probable explanation at this point.

Here are 1) a tentative timeline of events as reported and/or verified and 2) relevant questions, thus far:
  • Sunday, January 7 at 3:25 p.m. on CBS: the Kansas City Chiefs against the Los Angeles Chargers Game Time.
  • JW is alone at home.
    Why do the 3 deceased’s relatives and multiple MSM report that they went to JW’s place to watch this game?
  • Jan 7th at 7 pm, Person #5 arrived at the residence of JW.
    Person #5 is referred to as “HE” in MSM reports, which infers Person #5 is a male.
    What was the purpose of Person #5’s visit?
    Did Person #5 bring "anything" to the house?
    Did Person #5 watched TV, ate, drank etc. with JW for 2 hours between 7 and 9 pm?
    The answers are to shed light about Person #5 and JW’s relationship since there seem some animosity between their respective criminal defense attorneys!
  • Jan 7th after 9 pm, the 3 “friends” (38-year-old Ricky Johnson, 37-year-old David Harrington, and 36-year-old Clayton McGeeney) arrived at the residence of JW from watching, apparently from somewhere else, the Kansas City Chiefs’ game.
    What was the purpose of the 3 “friends” visit?
    Did the 3 “friends” bring “anything” to the house?
    Does JW partook or participated with “anything” done at his place?
    Did the 3 “friends” arrived in 2 cars, since 2 cars were reportedly parked in the street adjacent to the JW residence according the multiple MSM reports?
    Which 2 out of the 3 were the life long friends, potentially high school buddies, of 38-year-old JW?
    36-year-old Clayton McGeeney is reported by relatives to have earned 20 years of work experience fixing house floors. Hence, he started this line of work perhaps from the age of 16.
    How did Clayton McGeeney knew JW since their lines of work are vastly different?
    Was Clayton McGeeney’s car one of the 2 parked in the street adjacent to the JW residence?
  • Jan 8th shortly after midnight, Person #5 left the JW residence; And the 4 men, JW and the 3 victims, were all alive and watching TV, as reported per Person #5’s attorney.
    Between 9 pm and midnight, were there only the 5 men or other persons joined in and out, potentially bringing “anything”?
    Did JW prepared drinks, foods, and/or “anything” else … for the “party”?
    Or, did JW’s guests bring what “oiled” the “party” since they used his home as lounge for a gathering they could not organize around their women and children, at their own home?
    These questions are relevant and very important, to help make a determination about who furnished what to whom.
  • Jan 8th around 2 am, it is alleged, as reported by multiple MSM sources but vigorously disputed by some people, that either 1) JW ushered his 3 “friends” to the door and went to sleep, or 2) JW went to sleep and his 3 “friends” stayed or left by their own volution, or 3) both, JW ushered them out but they stayed anyhow.
    Everything else seem simple besides this sticky and confusing part!
  • Jan 9th at 9:51 pm, 6 police cars with flashing lights and sirens wailing or yelping arrived, as a result of the “alarm call” given by AM, the fiance of Clayton McGeeney, who discovered one of the 3 victims after breaking in the JW residence.
    What alerted AM to this house?
    Does AM know JW?
    Was Clayton McGeeney’s car 1 of the 2 cars parked in the street adjacent to the JW residence?
    What were JW doing in the 44 hours from Jan 8th around 2 am to Jan 9th at 9:51 pm?
    Did people called him and knocked on his front door and break in his house when he was asleep?
    Since not many people sleep 44 hours straight, what were JW doing with his computers or phone or other things in his home when he was not asleep?
I do not check frequently 1) the cars parked in the streets adjacent to my residence or 2) my backyard during snowy winter.
I don’t know why people expect JW to identify snowed down parked cars or frequently inspect a snowed backyard.
But feel free to disagree, please.

I am enumerating this tentative timeline of events and verbalizing some relevant questions to help foresee what the Coroners and the KSPD officers are expected to share after they get their toxicology and postmortem reports.
I foresee that blames will be sprinkled; and KSPD will reveal the sources of “anything” that went on, which sources should get most blames.

Lastly, you do not call the attention of the police or demand a welfare check on your relatives when you knew that they could get in trouble as a result due to the potential "anything" they might use, or have, or do. I do not point fingers or assigned blames but I am just attempting to rationalize why would people bang on some strangers' door (you are related to my acquaintance doe not make you my acquaintance also) or break into their house rather than to call the police for a free, clean, and quick courtesy welfare check.
Again, feel free to disagree, please.
Very thorough timeline. Thank you! I agree with your last paragraph. People with nothing to hide go to the police for help when they think someone is missing and in danger. These men were missing from Sunday night through Tuesday night. Yes, it makes sense the families were trying to locate them on their own, but not to the point of desperately breaking in to his home, without contacting the police to help locate them. That part makes no sense to me -- unless they were afraid it would get these men into trouble if the police were contacted. Maybe the men could have been saved had they called the police sooner (the moment they realized they were missing). Who knows! The police have indicated no foul play, which indicates these men were not murdered. They know so much more than we do. MOO.

Probably because two of the victim's cars were parked out front and there was no answer to texts, phone calls and knocking/ringing the door? These family members were frantic, they were worried and scared, as you can imagine.
Of course I can imagine! That is why one calls the police in a frantic, uncertain situation, because nobody knows what has occurred inside that home. Instead, she breaks in. It doesn't add up for me. MOO.

I think the most likely explanation, which others have already mentioned, is that all four (or five) men took something, and the survivor(s) lucked out by not being outside in the cold. Depending on what the "something" was, the homeowner may genuinely not have much recollection of what happened.

I could, of course, be totally wrong. But that seems the most probable explanation at this point.

Same thing I thought, the homeower? who slept for two days on couch could have taken something as well just not as much.

I see that as the most probable explanation as well. Anybody who has had a "normal" hangover from too much alcohol knows that the next day is a write-off, with fatigue, lethargy, headache, brain fog, depression, nausea, dehydrated, thirsty, low mood, and so on. If another drug on top of alcohol was consumed, the withdrawal symptoms would be even worse I imagine. MOO.

Of course I can imagine! That is why one calls the police in a frantic, uncertain situation, because nobody knows what has occurred inside that home. Instead, she breaks in. It doesn't add up for me. MOO.
I agree, like I said before, If drove by saw the cars, banging with no answer, I'd have thought carbon monoxide and called 911.

Top ex-NYPD cop says rapidly unfolding details in bizarre case of three Chiefs fans found dead in frozen garden could lead local police to 'change their minds' after insisting it is NOT a homicide investigation

• A former cop says that police 'could change their minds' about the case not being a homicide investigation as a 'number of things don't quite add up'
  • Three men were found dead in the garden of a friend in Kansas City, Missouri on January 9 following a football watch party two days earlier
  • A number of odd factors have come to light including two cars left in the friends driveway, unanswered messages and a fifth friend's dispute of the homeowners account
A former NYPD officer has suggested the bizarre case of three Kansas City Chiefs found dead in their friends Kansas City garden could be declared a homicide investigation as rapidly changing details emerge.

On January 9, the bodies of David Harrington, Ricky Johnson and Clayton McGeeney were found dead in Jordan Willis' backyard following a football watch party two days earlier.

Former investigator and attorney Paul Mauro told Fox and Friends 'there are a number of things in this story that don't quite add up.

The cops have some things to pull at here. The chief of police has said this is a hundred percent not a homicide at this point, he could change his mind' he explained.

'That doesn't mean there isn't something that they're looking at.
'People have said lets wait for the toxicology report, the autopsy and see if any substance was involved.

'”But they do have some other avenues, they have Mr Willis who is alive and they have this fifth person who was alive.

Adding: 'And then you have their electronics, and they're already asking for the passwords.'

'

Well IMO due to suspicious circumstances and multiple deaths it should have automatically started out as possible homicide until it could be determined that it isn't. Lots of evidence gets missed by just dismissing the possibility and never looking at the homicide angle. Not sure what they were thinking to come right and say this is 100% not being investigated as a homicide before proof it wasn't. Unless they have info they had not yet released to the public. Makes me a bit angry!!!

Well IMO due to suspicious circumstances and multiple deaths it should have automatically started out as possible homicide until it could be determined that it isn't. Lots of evidence gets missed by just dismissing the possibility and never looking at the homicide angle. Not sure what they were thinking to come right and say this is 100% not being investigated as a homicide before proof it wasn't. Unless they have info they had not yet released to the public. Makes me a bit angry!!!
I actually thought by their saying absolutely no evidence of foul play and NOT being investigated as a homicide SO early and so adamantly before the cause of death had been found, that they were saying that to throw a killer off the trail.

Great post. I’d like to also know if the dogs were there or not? Where did the dogs go potty? I would think the back yard?
I read in another article that the dogs were with his father. IDK if this DailyMail is an approved MS media source but have linked the article below.<modsnip>

DailyMail Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members