GUILTY MO - *GRAPHIC CONTENT* Cassidy Rainwater Kept Nude & Caged Before Brutal Attack and Dismemberment *arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

tigertales

Reaction score
Active Missing Persons

Timeline of events in the disappearance of Cassidy Rainwater and Dallas County, Mo. investigation

Here is a timeline of events in Rainwater’s disappearance and the investigation:

• July 25, 2021 - James Phelps told police the last time he saw Cassidy was on July 25. He said she left in the middle of the night and never came back. While looking at other court documents in regards to Timothy Norton, KY3 learned that Norton was called to the house by James Phelps one day earlier for help in restraining Cassidy Rainwater. He admitted to going and doing so.
  • August 25 - A family member contacted the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office saying they had not heard or seen Cassidy. The investigation started into looking for Cassidy.
  • September 16- The FBI contacted Dallas County Sheriff’s department saying they had received an anonymous tip that Cassidy Rainwater was caged up on Phelps’ property. When police followed up on this tip, they found seven photos on Phelps’ phone that led to his arrest. He was taken to the Dallas County Jail where he still remains.
  • September 19- Police interviewed Timothy Norton. He said he lived in his car because he was an overload trucker. The address listed for him on online court systems and court documents show the same address as James Phelps’ on Moon Valley Road. Police found some inaccuracies in his story.
  • September 20- Police brought back Norton to interview him again. That is when he admitted to restraining Cassidy Rainwater back in July.
  • September 21- Timothy Norton was arrested. He is being held at the Dallas County Jail with no bond.
  • September 23- Police depart from a scene on Moon Valley Drive. The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the case.
Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:

Some pertinent information from this article:

Timothy Norton's next hearing will be Jan 24, 2023

James Phelps next hearing will be Jan 20, 2023

Due to some changes the prosecution made in it's charges, Norton's attorneys re-entered pleas of "not guilty" for charges of

• First degree murder​
  • Kidnapping​
  • Abandonment of a corpse​
Prosecution also asked for an endorsement of witnesses. The judge granted confidentiality to the witness information. It's the same as the Level 3 confidentiality approved earlier on other state evidence. It means the public won't have access to that information until the trials.

Assume this is similar to placing a "gag order" on information and evidence.

Not sure if we'll hear anything new on this case for quite a while, unless something big happens. Assume the attorneys will be preparing for trials next year.

More news coverage

6dda8099-ee14-4b27-b0c3-32f48f31a96c-norton.jpg

Some pertinent information from this article:

Timothy Norton's next hearing will be Jan 24, 2023

James Phelps next hearing will be Jan 20, 2023

Due to some changes the prosecution made in it's charges, Norton's attorneys re-entered pleas of "not guilty" for charges of

• First degree murder​
  • Kidnapping​
  • Abandonment of a corpse​
Prosecution also asked for an endorsement of witnesses. The judge granted confidentiality to the witness information. It's the same as the Level 3 confidentiality approved earlier on other state evidence. It means the public won't have access to that information until the trials.

Assume this is similar to placing a "gag order" on information and evidence.

Not sure if we'll hear anything new on this case for quite a while, unless something big happens. Assume the attorneys will be preparing for trials next year.
"Prosecution also asked for an endorsement of witnesses. The judge granted confidentiality to the witness information. It's the same as the Level 3 confidentiality approved earlier on other state evidence. It means the public won't have access to that information until the trials."

Going to be an interesting trial to say the least...

"Prosecution also asked for an endorsement of witnesses. The judge granted confidentiality to the witness information. It's the same as the Level 3 confidentiality approved earlier on other state evidence. It means the public won't have access to that information until the trials."

Going to be an interesting trial to say the least...
Yes, it will be. It would be interesting to know who the other witnesses are, but I understand why they can’t reveal that information. Those people need protection. There are likely quite a few dangerous people involved in the activities at Phelps “ranch”. They’re probably worried about those witnesses revealing info about other visitors there.

Yes, it will be. It would be interesting to know who the other witnesses are, but I understand why they can’t reveal that information. Those people need protection. There are likely quite a few dangerous people involved in the activities at Phelps “ranch”. They’re probably worried about those witnesses revealing info about other visitors there.
This trial is going to shake up Lebanon big time. It's the kind of place where everyone knows everyone, and if they don't they know someone who does. And considering the amount of missing women and mysterious deaths up and down I-44, I can see why witnesses would want protection.

I really hope for the sake of the community they take a plea.

This trial is going to shake up Lebanon big time. It's the kind of place where everyone knows everyone, and if they don't they know someone who does. And considering the amount of missing women and mysterious deaths up and down I-44, I can see why witnesses would want protection.

I really hope for the sake of the community they take a plea.

Agree, that would be the best option. Even if witnesses are given some form of confidentiality, etc., the word will still get around about who testified.

I hope they stay with it and he gets the death penalty.

What she must have been thinking and feeling being held in a cage drugged (probably for months) and then strangled.

She had no chance.

He must have thought no one would notice her missing - no one would care.

Sent her photo around on the dark web. Keep trophy pics on his phone.

He killed he like a wild animal / strung her body up on a gantry crane like deer meat and threw the rest of her out in the woods.

Labled the body parts he kept in a freezer (for god knows what) "7-24" - a number I know associate with Cassidy forever.

She wasn't even human in his eyes.

Then he and his best friend drove around at Walmarts looking for younger girls. Can you imagine if he wasn't caught?

Give him no mercy and let the town fall apart.

Sorry not sorry.

MOO

(information gathered from news source below).

I hope they stay with it and he gets the death penalty.

What she must have been thinking and feeling being held in a cage drugged (probably for months) and then strangled.

She had no chance.

He must have thought no one would notice her missing - no one would care.

Sent her photo around on the dark web. Keep trophy pics on his phone.

He killed he like a wild animal / strung her body up on a gantry crane like deer meat and threw the rest of her out in the woods.

Labled the body parts he kept in a freezer (for god knows what) "7-24" - a number I know associate with Cassidy forever.

She wasn't even human in his eyes.

Then he and his best friend drove around at Walmarts looking for younger girls. Can you imagine if he wasn't caught?

Give him no mercy and let the town fall apart.

Sorry not sorry.

MOO

(information gathered from news source below).

Agree, they're both monsters who need to be banished to eternal damnation. There are probably other women who met the same horrible fate as Cassidy. But their other victims should be protected. I agree, the area needs to be purged of those monsters and the local institutions that, intentionally or otherwise, allowed it to continue and grow. Phelps and Norton probably weren't the only locals committing these crimes.

James Phelps had a pre-trial hearing today. His attorneys are asking for a change of venue. The current judge predicts Phelps trial should begin sometime in the fall of 2024 and will take about 3 weeks.

During Friday's hearing, the judge scheduled a change of venue hearing for April 21.

Dallas County Prosecutor Jonathan Barker said there are three possible locations for a change of venue: Boone, Clay, or Jackson Counties.
James Phelps' accomplice, Timothy Norton has a pre-trial hearing scheduled for next week - January 24

James Phelps had a pre-trial hearing today. His attorneys are asking for a change of venue. The current judge predicts Phelps trial should begin sometime in the fall of 2024 and will take about 3 weeks.

James Phelps' accomplice, Timothy Norton has a pre-trial hearing scheduled for next week - January 24

Norton’s next court appearance will be May 2 when a judge is scheduled to set his murder trial.

I guess the judge believes the evidence is overwhelming - funny to say it should take about 3 weeks...

I mean we all know the evidence is beyond overwhelming...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back