MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometimes people think of police shootings as this black and white area. It's not, it's a grey area and most of these situations takes seconds. If an officer is fearing for his life, he doesn't have the opportunity to think it through, he has seconds. People don't like to hear that but that is the way it is. IMO.

No, they should be arrested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell me how that was going to happen in this scenario, based on what we know, which is:

1. MB commits robbery (felony)
2. MB commits assault & battery (felony)
3. MB doesn't comply with orders to get on sidewalk. (not sure this is a crime, but it shows complete disrespect for authority)
4. MB fights with police officer over gun in the car and gun goes off (felony)
5. MB begins to leave (I think?)
6. MB turns back and begins to pursue OW (verified by a witness, who was just accidentally overheard moments after it happened)

Where was the arrest going to happen and how was it going to happen? Can you please explain?

Can't do that when they are charging you. Do you need a link to the rules for LE?

No evidence whatsoever that MB was charging OW. It's just speculation.

Well, he could see his hands and he had just been very up close and personal with him at the squad car.

You are kidding, right?

What would you have done if MB was charging you or someone you love?

I don't really have anything to contribute to the current discussion and it seems like things are getting heated so I will bid you guys goodnight for now.

Oh gngr! You so smart! :loveyou:

I never even thought of that! Great point

YESSSS!!!!!

Now go back and look at the robbery video - and watch how he moves (especially his arms!) This is what I couldn't put into words before! (a million post's ago....)

Great Job, Gngr!!!!! Post # 862

I think sometimes people think of police shootings as this black and white area. It's not, it's a grey area and most of these situations takes seconds. If an officer is fearing for his life, he doesn't have the opportunity to think it through, he has seconds. People don't like to hear that but that is the way it is. IMO.

I wish people could try to be objective and remove race out of the equation all together...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB is still a victim of a police shooting. "Good guy" and "bad guy" are subjective and have nothing to do with this fact.

MB was a victim of some really bad decisions on his part. He suffered the consequences of those decisions.

As popsicle said, MB died during the commission of a felony. Whose fault is that?

So do police shootings cause greater peace in the world? What about increased hostility between police and the citizens they swear to protect and serve? Because that's how things are going in St. Louis and many other areas, and it sure isn't all the fault of the citizens! The Jennings, Missouri police department was closed down entirely for that type of distrust and hostility (as well as police misconduct) remember? I can post a link if you want.

What about family and lawyers that misrepresent facts and then increasing hostility occurs because of that...leading to riots and looting.

MB was a victim of some really bad decisions on his part. He suffered the consequences of those decisions.

As popsicle said, MB died during the commission of a felony. Whose fault is that?

What felony was he committing AT THE MOMENT HE WAS SHOT TO DEATH? Proven, not speculation, please.

No evidence whatsoever that MB was charging OW. It's just speculation.

The fact he fell forward is evidence.
The fact his arms were UNDER him prove they weren't up.
The statement by the police chief is evidence based on eyewitness testimony..officer Wilson's.

IMO

IMO

The fact he fell forward is evidence.
The fact his arms were UNDER him prove they weren't up.
The statement by the police chief is evidence based on eyewitness testimony..officer Wilson's.

IMO

IMO

OW would not be a biased witness?

MB is still a victim of a police shooting. "Good guy" and "bad guy" are subjective and have nothing to do with this fact.

I didn't say anything about MB though... I spoke about Officer Wilson.

OW would not be a biased witness?

You claimed there was no evidence. Officer Wilson's statement is most certainly evidence.

You know I tried reading the threads about this but got so upset that I left for 5 days to calm down. I'm glad to see we are insulting and mocking the protesters. Really. It's so mature and makes you all look so good and this site by extension. I was at a march yesterday where we chanted "Hands Up, don't shoot!" and put our hands in there. Clearly we were nothing but troublemakers.

Hands up, don't shoot is about a lot more than Mike Brown. It's about the many alarming cases of police harassment, brutality and most disturbingly, the sheer number of young black men killed by police. I think it's great that you have only had positive interaction with LE but many, many people who are not white have not be so fortunate. There is so much history of this that it impacts how People of Color see and react to LE.

I'm not defending looting or what may have been Michael Brown's actions but there is a bad history in Ferguson and given how poorly the PD handled the case, everyone should be upset.

The problem, greycoupon, is that this reasoning doesn't comport with the idea that ALL people should be judged by their individual actions. NOT someone else's of the same color, be it black or white or blue.

The whole "hands up don't shoot" is predicated upon the conviction that this officer unjustifiably shot a man who was holding his hands up in surrender.

So if people want to protest abuse, protest, but another time and place would be more just. IMO

You claimed there was no evidence. Officer Wilson's statement is most certainly evidence.

Nobody is going to consider the shooter's own story to be unbiased evidence. Enough said on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member