MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After he graduated Normandy High School in the spring (a struggle, Livingston said, but Brown did it for his mother), Brown was spending his summer trying to figure out what the next step was. Livingston was trying to get him a job working with him at Family Dollar. Brown was also supposed to begin classes the next week at Vatterott College. He wanted to study music and sound engineering.

"He wanted to go there and do the music thing, he also wanted to go to another college because he wanted to play football. His coach at his school in Normandy said that he could do that, get into a college playing football," said Harris, Brown's grandmother.

bbm; a reporter's blog from the Riverfront Times- take it as rumor if you like

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2014/08/mike_brown_shooting_ferguson_family.php

I thought he wanted to study HVAC and he was too timid to play football. I must be mistaken.

Here's something to consider.

If MB had lived, he would have been charged with several felonies related to his actions on Aug 9.

If I were on a GJ, or a jury, evaluating those felony charges, I would be very interested in considering this young man's history in the past 36- 39 months-- age 15-18.

MB didn't live to be charged for his offenses of Aug 9. But just imagine if he had lived, and was charged with all of the offenses he committed that day.

This is why I said earlier that I think his juvenile offenses (and now we know there are "some"), are relevant ONLY if OW is indicted or charged with something. If OW is not charged, MB's offenses no longer matter. IMO.

Past behavior is very, very important, IMO. Especially when one side is trying to portray an individual as a "choir boy spreading the word of Jesus Christ", while we peruse multiple video camera angles of said choir boy on the same day, 10 min earlier, committing strong arm robbery, and assault. Sure didn't look to me like "spreading the word of the Lord" in those videos. Lol, maybe someone could more accurately make a Robin Hood analogy-- he was "robbing the rich to give to the poor."

I don't understand why the truth is such a problem, since so many MB "supporters" will discard it anyway. MB was who he was. His record speaks for itself, just as mine and yours does. These incessant, and dishonest efforts to feverishly buff and shine a tarnished image, and try to transform MB into false caricature of who he actually was, only make the racial agenda more and more clear, IMO. There is a consuming, obsessive, NEED driving those with this agenda to make MB into a virtuous choir boy spreading God's word, and OW the devil incarnate. Truth be damned. IMO.

I presume you hold the same opinion concerning getting OW's juvenile records? What the judge has to remember when ruling is that it may have ramifications beyond just this one case. I just think at some point you have to put an end to fishing expeditions and that's all this is.

Nothing wrong with saying he was young and undecided and didn't want up work his first summer after highschool graduation. No shame in that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with that. I probably even changed my major more times than that. lol

Yawn....what happened to Heating & Air conditioning?

Seriously?

Banker, baker, candlestick maker next?
Maybe a preacher?

Eyeroll...

Nothing wrong with saying he was young and undecided and didn't want up work his first summer after highschool graduation. No shame in that!

Don't most kids who are 18yrs old want summer jobs so they have some spending money of their own? My kids had part time jobs when in school and couldn't wait to work full time in the summer to earn money. Guess I'm antique.

I presume you hold the same opinion concerning getting OW's juvenile records? What the judge has to remember when ruling is that it may have ramifications beyond just this one case. I just think at some point you have to put an end to fishing expeditions and that's all this is.

Then again if he was never in any trouble as his family has stated, why don't they demand the release of his records to put an end to all of this?

After he graduated Normandy High School in the spring (a struggle, Livingston said, but Brown did it for his mother), Brown was spending his summer trying to figure out what the next step was. Livingston was trying to get him a job working with him at Family Dollar. Brown was also supposed to begin classes the next week at Vatterott College. He wanted to study music and sound engineering.

"He wanted to go there and do the music thing, he also wanted to go to another college because he wanted to play football.
His coach at his school in Normandy said that he could do that, get into a college playing football," said Harris, Brown's grandmother.
bbm; a reporter's blog from the Riverfront Times- take it as rumor if you like
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2014/08/mike_brown_shooting_ferguson_family.php
date Aug 10, BBM SBM

So MB's grandmother said his coach said- MB could get into a college playing football.
Assuming he said this, when did coach say this?
When MB was a freshman? Sophomore? Junior? Senior? IDK which yrs MB attended Normandy.

Was coach's stmt to encourage MB ---
-to study, to qualify for GPA req'ed to be on team (if min. GPA is req'ed)?|
- to stay off/lay off drugs (are there drug tests for H/S football?)?
- to keep his nose clean, when MB was having some potential prob w juvie system, or prob at school?

Did MB or relative tell tall tale to G'ma, to reassure her that MB was facing a bright future in higher education?

IDK, I just wonder.

Then again if he was never in any trouble as his family has stated, why don't they demand the release of his records to put an end to all of this?

IMO they shouldn't have to.

Seriously, I get where Brown supporters are coming from on this one. Unless he has violent felonies, it's irrelevant.
Seems people want to paint him as someone that was so awful he deserved to die regardless of the circumstances of Aug 9th.
If Brown had any history of assaulting police...that would be relevant.
Nothing else is. IMO

Yawn....what happened to Heating & Air conditioning?
Seriously?
Banker, baker, candlestick maker next?
Maybe a preacher?
Eyeroll...
BBM

BBM 1
I'd swear a day or two after this sad death, someone said he was going to school to learn welding.
A day or two later, it changed to HVAC.
IIRC, both programs are offered at Vatterott, where he may or may not have bn enrolled.
Either one could offer better career opps and $$$ than some 4 yr U- degrees.

BBM 2
Agreed, no prob.
I wonder why mom (and s-fa?) did not insist that he get summer job.
Puzzling.

BBM 3
He may not have wanted to work his first summer after h/s.
IF he'd ever worked before, I missed it.
Nothing about gainful employment, not pt-time. Not volunteer. Not even mow the neighbor's lawn. Anybody read it?
I recall someone said he wanted job at store his relative (cousin?) manages.

IMO they shouldn't have to.

Seriously, I get where Brown supporters are coming from on this one. Unless he has violent felonies, it's irrelevant.
Seems people want to paint him as someone that was so awful he deserved to die regardless of the circumstances of Aug 9th.
If Brown had any history of assaulting police...that would be relevant.
Nothing else is. IMO

I agree they shouldn't have to but I would think they would want to. I would, just to end the speculation of him doing things much worse than anything he actually did. JMO

Don't most kids who are 18yrs old want summer jobs so they have some spending money of their own? My kids had part time jobs when in school and couldn't wait to work full time in the summer to earn money. Guess I'm antique.
. BBM

Another antique here, trying to make sense of MB's $ situation.

Didn't somebody say MB set up a studio or music production equipment for his music, in G'ma's basement?
What about the beer and marijuana his friends said he consumed w them?
What about Swisher Sweets?
How were ^ those^ paid for
(assuming they were paid for)?

Interesting that MB got so many SS at one time that day.
Is it poss MB ---
- was retailing the SS?
- was adding value to the SS, w other ingredients (like Nyquil & Capt Morgan left at his street-memorial)?
- was operating a business as a budding entrepreneur? Scuse the pun.

Not convinced. Just wondering.

When I first heard about this case, it was police brutality. A kid was killed for jaywalking, then by the evening news it turned into a race case. White cop kills unarmed black kid while jaywalking.

I think the coached witnesses, the New Black Panther Party, Sharpeton and the other cast of characters pretty much changed the headlines from then on.

....White people do not want to acknowledge that their even is a race issue when there clearly is.I have heard white people say the most racist things but they are very secretive about it ,when you call them out on it they get super defensive and deny everything....
. BBM SBM

Agreeing w you - this is sometimes true, whites not wanting to ack race issue, even when it is an issue.
IDK how many, how often.
I am certain - race is an issue w some white LEOs and black people.
I have doubts about whether race was issue here, in this specific situation, w MB & this LEO on that day in Ferguson.

Not saying race absolutely, positively was not and could not have been an issue here.
Just saying I have not seen any evidence of it yet.
NOT YET.

I've been interested in the juvenile record for a couple reasons. first, because I wondered if there were some stipulations relating to a previous history. if he was conditionally "off the hook" by staying out of trouble then maybe the strong-arm theft/assault would cause some problems. like, something previously tabled (fines/fees, community service, probation) would be imposed and/or the plea bargain would be voided if he screwed up again. I think we all know that DAs file "high" to give them an edge in the bargaining (that's the standard practice where I live)

but then again I don't know if juvenile offenses are handled that way

second, because the attys alluded to not judging him for doing what so many kids do and said that a/any juvenile record has no bearing on this event (or words to that effect). which totally convinced me that there IS something on the books. because otherwise why would they even say something like that? they were so righteous and adamant about many things but re the juvenile record it was hommina, hommina ...

Ferguson's new minority-owned PR firm better get busy spinning this:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...8-9790-b04ec22c26e8.html#.VAdfDJW5sMY.twitter

"Now, the [mostly white, middle class] Francis Howell School District anticipates it will have no choice but to allow 350 or so [Normandy HS] transfer to return. Superintendent Pam Sloan told parents in a letter today that the district is making plans for that to happen soon.
“We do not know how many of the eligible students will have an interest in returning,” she wrote. “As always, our school district will comply with all court orders and laws.”

what spin, i think this is a great idea for both groups of kids.

. BBM

Another antique here, trying to make sense of MB's $ situation.

Didn't somebody say MB set up a studio or music production equipment for his music, in G'ma's basement?
What about the beer and marijuana his friends said he consumed w them?
What about Swisher Sweets?
How were ^ those^ paid for
(assuming they were paid for)?

Interesting that MB got so many SS at one time that day.
Is it poss MB ---
- was retailing the SS?
- was adding value to the SS, w other ingredients (like Nyquil & Capt Morgan left at his street-memorial)?
- was operating a business as a budding entrepreneur? Scuse the pun.

Not convinced. Just wondering.

Just so ya know, I attended my first concert in the third grade when Herman Hermits with Peter Noone came to town. I shaved my arms so they would be slick. Uh huh.

I have no doubt MB was making a little cash in a not so legal manner. He scored the SS by shoving on a tiny shop owner without paying a dime.

Missouri law extends the definition of family for foster children September 23, 2013 5:30 am

Missouri family courts may now opt to define distant relatives, half relatives and close family friends as the child’s “fictive kin.”

Until the law went into effect last month, the guardianship designation for foster children applied only to close blood-related kin such as grandparents and aunts and uncles. Those relatives qualify for Medicaid benefits for the child, a child care subsidy to enable them to keep working, and a monthly subsidy of about $200. But more distant relatives, step-relatives and close friends were not legally defined as kin.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_63407e07-2fef-562b-be91-eb4fc3fe3e48.html

MB lived with his grandmother as a foster child although I am not sure she was his guardian. He would qualify for Medicaid benefits and the $200 a month subsidy.

Also, wanted to add that another forum discussed DJs bracelet, too. Their thoughts were that he got into the altercation with ODW and his bracelet popped off. Did DJ run home either to get rid of a bag of dope or hide his gun under the mattress or both?

Wasn't it odd that DJ was part of the CS yet he was milling around with the gathering crowd? Was ODW too shook up to mention the 2nd perp to responding officers?

moo mho omho and all that jazz

Holder is expected to formally announce the investigation at a press conference Thursday. The investigation was first reported by The Washington Post. The Associated Press reported that Missouri officials were notified of the new investigation Wednesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ly-to-investigate-ferguson-police-department/

When I read this, it tells me that there we be a No true bill. jmo

ita - also, nytimes has a good article - along with many links to source documents and an interactive le display

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/04/u...to-investigate-ferguson-police-practices.html

edit - just reread the le data - holy crap = latest comprehensive data is from 2007? that's unbelievable!

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/09/03/us/the-race-gap-in-americas-police-departments.html

what spin, i think this is a great idea for both groups of kids.

I don't. I'm afraid those who want to learn won't stand a chance against those who want to create chaos and tear down the building.

My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member