MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't an officer fired for saying roughly the same thing? I guess the truth is no longer any defense against uncivil rights for the few.

:cow:

Their employers also would likely be within their rights for firing them for behavior on social media.

I agree with this 100%. Let them do their thing. Let them say all the things that piss people off here. Then shut it down. While I don't like curfews in general, I'd have no problem with a midnight curfew. By that time, most of the people left on the streets are just agitators.

Wow reedus...seems you have had your eyes opened.

Does the law actually support the right of a group of people to spew threats and hatred as long as the group of people they are threatening are law enforcement, business owners, shoppers, drivers, etc. ?

That's a good question and I don't know. Obviously there are 1st amendment rights and I had tried to start a discussion on what the law says last night but it went no where. From what I saw, it seems that it has to be a "true threat" and not just political hyperbole or rhetoric. The problem is the Court's haven't clearly defined what constitutes a "true threat" and all the Court's have different tests for what a "true threat" is. No idea how Missouri Courts or the 8th Circuit have ruled on the issue.

No, the law does not support threats of violence/death, throwing piss or rocks or Molotov cocktails, shoving LEOs, etc. & I cannot believe these mobsters are getting away with it !!! Truly an explosive situation which is coming to a head soon

what's going to happen when the GJ does not give a true bill to indict ODW -- because honestly, evidence totally supports ODW & him doing his job!

Throwing stuff are actions and can be criminal in themselves. The question is whether the words alone are enough. That isn't as clear.

Sending in reinforcements. That'll certainly help diffuse any situation with police :rolleyes:

Everyone please go to the Lost Voices Ponderosa camp site the police are attacking them right now!!!!!n
@TefPoe

That two of the three unaccredited school districts in MO are side by side in that lower Ferguson area tells me something about the intelligence of students/parents in that area. Canfield Green students attend unaccredited Riverview Gardens HS iirc. MO bases accreditation on end of year tests that all MO students take. Teachers aren't to blame for the ridiculously low results imo.

http://www.greatschools.org/missour...view-Gardens-Sr.-High-School/?tab=test-scores

exactly! with violence happening in schools, no one will be able to learn -- that's why those who can & want to be are bused out of there to better schools

says a lot to me about the teachers & parents & school board in some areas

Was that an old article or is there something new in it?

nothing's new

ODW was assaulted & needed to be treated in a hospital -- within 10 mins of assaulting the owner of a Ferguson business, MB assaulted an officer of the law (must have been high on something, adrenaline, maybe?)

I Support Office Darren Wilson & all LEO who keep us protected & safe

They're tweeting that LE seems 2b using twitter and video to target certain rioters. Ya think? Online threats are a crime, as linked before.

That two of the three unaccredited school districts in MO are side by side in that lower Ferguson area tells me something about the intelligence of students/parents in that area. Canfield Green students attend unaccredited Riverview Gardens HS iirc. MO bases accreditation on end of year tests that all MO students take. Teachers aren't to blame for the ridiculously low results imo.

http://www.greatschools.org/missour...view-Gardens-Sr.-High-School/?tab=test-scores

Wait you think they are supposed to be intelligent before they get to school? Or perform as well in the worst overcrowded and underfunded schools in the area?

Regarding the gotnews info from LE sources, that Michael was on top of Wilson and he was dazed, that seems consistent with other information. That Dorian aided and participated in that assault and his first interview with detectives (iirc, he was avoiding them for awhile) differed greatly from his public statements sounds very believable. That'd make sense with the premise that he may've been given immunity to testify.

totally agree -- DNA, fingerprints, etc will show BOTH were culpable in assaulting ODW -- cannot wait until everything is outed

Or maybe because stalking is a complete stretch. There have been other things that at least an argument could be made for....but stalking? Ummmm, no.

respectfully, I had my ex arrested for stalking me on social media/via communication devices while I was living in west StL County -- wasn't difficult at all! Just showed LE the texts he was sending me

Wait you think they are supposed to be intelligent before they get to school? Or perform as well in the worst overcrowded and underfunded schools in the area?

intelligent kids in that area are bused elsewhere under MO law

underfunded? <modsnip> :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members