MO MO - Gwendolyn Mae Clemons, 23, Kansas City, 24 Nov 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Romulus

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Gwendolyn Mae Clemons

Original

Last seen in Kansas City, Missouri.

MP73713

Gwendolyn Mae Clemons
Female
White / Caucasian

Date of Last Contact: November 24, 1982
Missing From: Kansas City, Missouri

Missing Age: 23 Years
Current Age: 60 Years

Case Information

Demographics

First Name: Gwendolyn
Middle Name: Mae
Last Name: Clemons
Nickname/Alias: --

Sex: Female
Height: 5' 2" - 5' 8" (62 - 68 Inches)
Weight: 105 - 135 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
NamUs Case Created: September 17, 2020

Last Known Location Map
County: Jackson County

Missing From Tribal Land: No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land: No

Circumstances of Disappearance:

Physical Description
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: Hazel
Right Eye Color: Hazel
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Additional Case Info

Transportation

No Information Entered

She is Delta Dawns mother. Per Delta Dawns family. Also, this unidentified NamUs profile may be her as well. The body was found the same day Gwendolyn went missing, off I-10 which is the same Highway Delta Dawn was found, just miles from Delta Dawns body, and two days before they found Delta Dawn (mind you, Delta Dawn and a woman were seen where Deltas body was found on 12/3 however Delta Dawn wasn’t found until 12/5) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She is Delta Dawns mother. Per Delta Dawns family. Also, this unidentified NamUs profile may be her as well. The body was found the same day Gwendolyn went missing, off I-10 which is the same Highway Delta Dawn was found, just miles from Delta Dawns body, and two days before they found Delta Dawn (mind you, Delta Dawn and a woman were seen where Deltas body was found on 12/3 however Delta Dawn wasn’t found until 12/5) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I dont think thats her, the remains were skeletal, could have been laying there months or years

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Gwendolyn Mae Clemons

Original

I
MP73713

Gwendolyn Mae Clemons
Female
White / Caucasian

Missing From: Kansas City, Missouri

Case Information

Demographics

First Name: Gwendolyn
Middle Name: Mae
Last Name: Clemons
Nickname/Alias: --

Sex: Female
Height: 5' 2" - 5' 8" (62 - 68 Inches)
Weight: 105 - 135 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
NamUs Case Created: September 17, 2020

Last Known Location Map
County: Jackson County

Missing From Tribal Land: No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land: No

Circumstances of Disappearance:

Physical Description
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: Hazel
Right Eye Color: Hazel
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Additional Case Info

Transportation

No Information Entered
I wonder if she was a victim of the Redhead Murders

I wonder about her details of disappearance. Also wonder how she ended up in Mississippi. I just looked up the distance from Kansas City to Pascagoula and they are 13 hours distance away from each other.

I know this isn't likely but I thought of Terry Rassmussen for a sec. A single Mom and young child states away from home. I wonder if she left her home state with someone. My biggest question in these types of cases is what happened to all their belongings after they went missing? Like they had to have left something behind even if they were momentarily homeless.

My biggest guess about the walking down the highway is she was with a boyfriend driving there, got into an argument with him, and she got out of the car with Dawn and started walking. He eventually catches up to them and kills them.

Edit: Just noticed both are from Jackson Counties! Gwen is missing from Jackson County MO and 'Dawn' was found in Jackson County MS.

Last edited:
She went missing the day before Thanksgiving that year. If the trucker sightings were accurate they were sighted on Dec 3rd. So at some point within the 9 days (Nov 24th-Dec 3rd) her and Dawn are 13 hours away from Kansas City. Could she have traveled with a boyfriend to attend his families Thanksgiving dinner in MS?

The description on NAMUS has been updated to the following, which makes the connection to DD now seem pretty obvious (Moss Point, MS is near the border):

Last seen in Kansas City, Missouri on or about November 24, 1982. Possible sighting in Jackson County Mississippi near the Alabama State line on the night of December 3, 1982.

Most of them that are known have been identified. There’s 2 that are unidentified
And some may not even been found. I think she is one that they don’t know of yet. She was seen Dec 3 distraught near Alabama state line. I feel like she wouldn’t accept the help from truckers/anyone because she just wasn’t sure who was safe. Redhead murder was believed to be a trucker. He suffocated all of his victims also

I wonder about her details of disappearance. Also wonder how she ended up in Mississippi. I just looked up the distance from Kansas City to Pascagoula and they are 13 hours distance away from each other.

I know this isn't likely but I thought of Terry Rassmussen for a sec. A single Mom and young child states away from home. I wonder if she left her home state with someone. My biggest question in these types of cases is what happened to all their belongings after they went missing? Like they had to have left something behind even if they were momentarily homeless.

My biggest guess about the walking down the highway is she was with a boyfriend driving there, got into an argument with him, and she got out of the car with Dawn and started walking. He eventually catches up to them and kills them.

Edit: Just noticed both are from Jackson Counties! Gwen is missing from Jackson County MO and 'Dawn' was found in Jackson County MS.
I read somewhere they lived in Mississippi at some point. But I can’t remember where I read that. May have been in the family’s page which is now totally private

She went missing the day before Thanksgiving that year. If the trucker sightings were accurate they were sighted on Dec 3rd. So at some point within the 9 days (Nov 24th-Dec 3rd) her and Dawn are 13 hours away from Kansas City. Could she have traveled with a boyfriend to attend his families Thanksgiving dinner in MS?

With the last sighting being the Eve of Thanksgiving sounds as if she was traveling to a destination for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Could be many places I-10 is a heavily traveled route crossing several states. Cannot recall the direction the distressed woman was seen walking wether it was East or West bound. And also which side of I-10 was DD found.

This would be a very plausiable theory... argument occurs car is stopped the woman gets out and takes the child and starts walking ....

1-10 is heavily traveled I'm sure someone saw something but of course you would have had to live locally and see it in the newspaper or on the news. Someone traveling through to another state would not have even known.

And some may not even been found. I think she is one that they don’t know of yet. She was seen Dec 3 distraught near Alabama state line. I feel like she wouldn’t accept the help from truckers/anyone because she just wasn’t sure who was safe. Redhead murder was believed to be a trucker. He suffocated all of his victims also
Well since they have found the killer for one of them, it may be easy to look at. The other issue is his known disposals were in the woods not water.

This is the radio history in me but is this Kansas City the place where WHB-AM is? If so, it would have been the hit music radio station of her childhood.

"W-H-B, Dial Seventy-One"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back