MO MO - Gwendolyn Mae Clemons, 23, Kansas City, 24 Nov 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well since they have found the killer for one of them, it may be easy to look at. The other issue is his known disposals were in the woods not water.
The victims were disposed of on the side of the highway/interstate. Exactly where she was last seen and where Delta dawn was found. I think the water just happened to be there. It probably wasn’t planned to put her there so to speak.

I wonder about her details of disappearance. Also wonder how she ended up in Mississippi. I just looked up the distance from Kansas City to Pascagoula and they are 13 hours distance away from each other.

I know this isn't likely but I thought of Terry Rassmussen for a sec. A single Mom and young child states away from home. I wonder if she left her home state with someone. My biggest question in these types of cases is what happened to all their belongings after they went missing? Like they had to have left something behind even if they were momentarily homeless.

My biggest guess about the walking down the highway is she was with a boyfriend driving there, got into an argument with him, and she got out of the car with Dawn and started walking. He eventually catches up to them and kills them.

Edit: Just noticed both are from Jackson Counties! Gwen is missing from Jackson County MO and 'Dawn' was found in Jackson County MS.
Honestly, looking at the timeline, it doesn't seem unlikely that it was Terry Rasmussen - single mother and child, taken away from their family to start a new life - especially because there seems to be nothing in his timeline between 1981 to 1984. However, they have a suspect named for Alisha's death and Gwen's disappearance, and if it was Terry then I think they would have announced him as a suspect publicly. Also it seems like Terry had a certain method of killing his victims (blunt force and dismemberment), so it seems off that Alisha was only suffocated and drowned.

Thank you all for your contributions to this thread. I follow missing persons cases from Missouri and never heard of Gwendolyn until the recent DNA match to her daughter, Alisha Heinrich. It's confusing because the facts state she was "last seen in KCMO" and yet, she wasn't. She was last seen walking along the interstate in Mississippi. Her case seems really under-reported. She's not even listed in the KCPD missing persons even though that's where she was from and last I checked, wasn't on Charley Project either. So I guess she's considered a MS missing person case, not MO.

So various reports state:
Gwen and Alisha were seen walking along the interstate in MS.
Alisha was "partially smothered" before being thrown from the bridge and then ultimately drowned.
A truck driver allegedly thought he saw Gwen's body floating in the same river.
The deceased boyfriend who returned to Missouri without them is a person of interest.

This would be a very plausiable theory... argument occurs car is stopped the woman gets out and takes the child and starts walking ....

1-10 is heavily traveled I'm sure someone saw something but of course you would have had to live locally and see it in the newspaper or on the news. Someone traveling through to another state would not have even known.

I agree that someone had to have been witness to something as well, because they were seen walking, and allegedly Gwen's body was spotted, so a timeline was successfully put together. Is the hypothesis that the boyfriend threw them both off the bridge? It seems like a spontaneous thing to do if there was such a risk of being caught. Otherwise why not just drive them to the woods and kill them there with the convenience of having a car etc..
Since Gwen was never found, maybe she was never near the water. I'm by no means an analyst of how bodies travel down a river but it seems Gwen's would have been found first had she been there. Unless the truck driver was mistaken that is. And if it was the boyfriend, he wasn't even with them when they were seen walking, unless he went back for them like was previously suggested. Just all around strange case.

Just recently learned about this case from the Solvable podcast on it. I’m thrilled she’s been identified after so many years, but so saddened that there haven’t been any more updates since. And given the primary suspect (the unnamed boyfriend) is deceased, I’m worried we’ll never get any more answers as to how this happened and justice won’t be served.

Just recently learned about this case from the Solvable podcast on it. I’m thrilled she’s been identified after so many years, but so saddened that there haven’t been any more updates since. And given the primary suspect (the unnamed boyfriend) is deceased, I’m worried we’ll never get any more answers as to how this happened and justice won’t be served.

Shes been Identified??? Or do you mean Alisha?

“By the time officials identified the unnamed police officer as a person of interest, they learned he had died several years earlier. When they interviewed his children, one said he returned from Florida a very different person than when he had left. They had no real relationship with their father after that.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back