GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this whole thing confuses me. Did I read a neighbor actually tried to pull Hailey away? And others were right on his tail? So he knew he would be caught. Despite that, he continued on with great determination. He stalked and tore this child away in full view of others. What kind of rabid animal is this person? So intent on taking a baby that he didn't Even care who saw him.

I'm pretty shocked. And killing her, to what end? He had to have known he was going to be caught.

And how has this desperate, rabid animal been able to work with children for so long without incident? Many people better be talking with their kids today. Scary.

This irrationality is what made me wonder if he'd been on something. (Mexican Meth is reported to have now made its way to MO.) To do this in broad daylight with multiple witnesses chasing him, and then take her to his home just 12 minutes away to attack and kill...it just seems suddenly and stupidly brazen for someone who seemed perfectly normal all day long to someone else's kid in ISS that day. I know he seemed pretty coherent later on, bleaching the floor, and then going to the Laundromat to clean up evidence. But the craziness of this reminds me a bit of the attack on the Northridge girl in CA last year by Tobias Summers. Summers had gone (brazenly) into an occupied home in the middle of the night supposedly to burglarize it--then abruptly changed his mind and made off with that little girl instead. His partner waiting in the getaway car allegedly didn't go along with the sudden change of plan, and got out of the car a couple blocks later. Summers took her to a house, attacked her...and then (after the high wore off and practical matters entered his thinking) took her to a nearby hospital and dropped her off. Then despite the immediate, massive manhunt he successfully eluded authorities, crossing the border by foot into Mexico where he holed up at a meth treatment center for several weeks.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that both of these crimes seem similar to me in one way--they both started with brazenly impulsive, violent criminal action, followed by apparent rational, methodical thinking hours later.

ETA: One more way--neither of these men were registered sex offenders with this type of behavior in their history prior to the crime. Meth has been known to cause this sort of behavior, though. And both men had a prior history with substance abuse and treatment.

Interesting that the FBI collected his 4 or 5 bags of laundry from the Laundromat, but he was pulling up into his driveway with just duct tape. (I know the fbi collected the laundry hours later)

He left his laundry, while he went home...... instead of waiting for it to be done and bringing it home with him.

:waitasec:

Hmmm...he was in a hurry to get home and dispose of evidence. He must have thought about how stupid he is at the Laundromat and decided he better get home fast.

He must have known they had his license plate---how did he even feel comfortable going to his house to begin with, knowing the cops could show up any second while he was killing Hailey?

And what was he going to do with her body, where was he was going to place it? :(

And then he would just go back to his teaching job, work as usual....

Horrifying.

I'll be honest, I was super surprised by his appearance and was shocked that there weren't abundant reports about him giving off a creepy vibe. His pictures creep me out.

What creeps me out is that his picture doesn't creep me out. He looks like a hippy with that hair, probably enjoys playing guitar to the Beatles...half the people look like that here in Colorado.

From the statements of the witnesses themselves, no-one got close enough to try to pull Hailey away. Judging from the video/pics, it appears to be about 30 feet from the curb line to just inside the witness's open garage door, where he & his wife were sitting.

The witness said "he couldn't believe the perp (in his truck) was so close in front of them (about 30'), yet did not apparently see them". They said that after they heard the perp speak to Hailey as in "Do you know where Springfield Street is?" and moments later followed by "Come here a minute" (words to that effect) then Hailey took 2 steps toward his truck, when he opened the driver's door, leaped out, grabbed her, and threw her into the truck.

So imo and from all indications, I really don't think he realized he was being witnessed until after he threw her in the truck.

Regardless, he's still a sick psychopath to commit such a heinous brutal crime against such a sweet innocent child.

According to the witness that tried to chase CW in his vehicle, he said in a video interview that his neighbor had yelled at the girl not to go over to CW's vehicle. If that's the case, then CW surely would have known he was being witnessed?

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/witne...ckup-but-lost-it-in-traffic/21048998_24569144

That's a link to the interview where the witness made that particular statement and here's the specific quote from the video: "he was yelling at her to get away from the car, don't go over there"

Looking at the pictures of Hailey in the media show such a beautiful and happy little girl.
I worry about her family dealing with her kidnapping and murder.
As parents how would they not go over and over and over in their head about the events that they know happened?
HOW do they deal with that?
I think I would go insane worrying about how scared she was, her suffering, etc. OMG I just pray for her loved ones.
Rest in peace sweet angel.

Talked to my co-worker whose son had CMW for ISS on Tuesday. Her son said that he acted normal didn't appear to be preoccupied or upset about anything. He said they talked about dogs (CMW just got a puppy and he was trying to train the dog to not bite), horses, sports and lots of other things. He was with CMW from 8:30 - 2:45. Now the thing that did bother her son and her is that they have ISS in a trailer not in the school and it was just the two of them that day.

So he was "normal" at 2:45 and at 4:48 he abducts Hailey. Did he spend his day visually preparing for kidnapping a little girl? How can a person go from "normal" to "monster" in 2 hours?

So he was "normal" at 2:45 and at 4:48 he abducts Hailey. Did he spend his day visually preparing for kidnapping a little girl? How can a person go from "normal" to "monster" in 2 hours?

So scary that there are monsters like this all around us in our daily lives that appear "normal". It's the hard truth. They are everywhere. Everyone needs to watch their backs 24/7.

Interesting that the FBI collected his 4 or 5 bags of laundry from the Laundromat, but he was pulling up into his driveway with just duct tape. (I know the fbi collected the laundry hours later)

He left his laundry, while he went home...... instead of waiting for it to be done and bringing it home with him.
I have to wonder what he was washing?.... 4 or 5 bags of laundry is a lot of laundry especially for a single person.

What made him decide to troll several times up and down West Lombard that day? What made him choose that location? Why did he not just drive around many other streets, instead of the same street repeatedly? It was almost as if he knew she would be walking at some point.

Talked to my co-worker whose son had CMW for ISS on Tuesday. Her son said that he acted normal didn't appear to be preoccupied or upset about anything. He said they talked about dogs (CMW just got a puppy and he was trying to train the dog to not bite), horses, sports and lots of other things. He was with CMW from 8:30 - 2:45. Now the thing that did bother her son and her is that they have ISS in a trailer not in the school and it was just the two of them that day.

:scared:

This whole trailer thing at schools bothers me. There is less security, imo. We discussed this in another case where the girl (forgot her name sorry) disappeared while walking to the external trailer from the main school building. Remember that case anyone?

Hope the puppy finds a good, safe, happy home.
:beagle:

Why go back to his house. Lombard is close to I-44. Many lakes and woods around. Going with Hollye what made him pick that street and that day. Yes it was the first really nice warm day in a what seems like forever. Did he know someone over there and seen her before. So many questions and I doubt we ever get the answers.

To Margarita25 I agree he doesn't appear scary to me. He seems normal (made that is what should be the scary thing). He did play guitar and was really good. Though he played blue grass. I saw them play this past fall for a fall festival....they were really good.

So, I'm reading this thread & an Amber Alert comes blaring from my phone...out of Park Ridge, IL. Does the madness never end? Off to Google...

5yo boy named Drake Whitker taken during a carjacking in Park Ridge, IL. Link:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...n-During-Park-Ridge-Carjacking-246385301.html
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully I just read that they have found the boy!

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/24778238/amber-alert-5-year-old-taken-during-park-ridge-carjacking

The car was found abandoned with the child still inside it. Carjacker has not been located.

I think he was always a monster playing normal. JMO

:scared:

This whole trailer thing at schools bothers me. There is less security, imo. We discussed this in another case where the girl (forgot her name sorry) disappeared while walking to the external trailer from the main school building. Remember that case anyone?

Hope the puppy finds a good, safe, happy home.
:beagle:

Adrienne Solorzano? I remember her, she was kind of local to me. She was found, but I don't remember how or why she was found where she was.

According to the witness that tried to chase CW in his vehicle, he said in a video interview that his neighbor had yelled at the girl not to go over to CW's vehicle. If that's the case, then CW surely would have known he was being witnessed?

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/witne...ckup-but-lost-it-in-traffic/21048998_24569144

That's a link to the interview where the witness made that particular statement and here's the specific quote from the video: "he was yelling at her to get away from the car, don't go over there"

I haven't seen this video until now, however that young man's statements on the video did contradict the statements from witness Carlos Edwards in the garage on the previous USA Today video (I clicked that USA video link from earlier in the 1st thread, but it is no longer working). Carlos Edwards had stated that CMW had grabbed Hailey and slung her in the truck before they could even call out or do anything.

I can understand in the commotion of such a sudden alarming sight, that timing of details can get shifted somewhat, so at this point it's hard to say at what exact point someone did holler out. After she was grabbed or if before she was grabbed, how much before? Obviously it was not far enough in advance to give her time to react it would seem.

I haven't seen this video until now, however that young man's statements on the video did contradict the statements from witness Carlos Edwards in the garage on the previous USA Today video (I clicked that USA video link from earlier in the 1st thread, but it is no longer working). Carlos Edwards had stated that CMW had grabbed Hailey and slung her in the truck before they could even call out or do anything.

I can understand in the commotion of such a sudden alarming sight, that timing of details can get shifted somewhat, so at this point it's hard to say at what exact point someone did holler out. After she was grabbed or if before she was grabbed, how much before? Obviously it was not far enough in advance to give her time to react it would seem.

she is a kid and he is a predator.

What made him decide to troll several times up and down West Lombard that day? What made him choose that location? Why did he not just drive around many other streets, instead of the same street repeatedly? It was almost as if he knew she would be walking at some point.

Witness said Hailey had a cell phone ... is there a way Wood could have been in contact with her (posing as another child)? Far-fetched, I know but just trying to make sense of how "not" random it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025