GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you all sitting down?

Court finds Craig Wood has 1 million dollars in a trust fund, still requests public defender

http://fox4kc.com/2014/02/21/court-...in-trust-fund-still-requests-public-defender/

I found the interview a little odd.

Are his parents wealthy?

His father was a well-respected, well-loved teacher from what I read. Having been a teacher, myself, I can tell you it is an extremely rewarding career in every way BUT financial. ;)

To me it sounds as though there is some generational money in the family that allows them to pursue careers not dependent upon salary considerations (teaching, music, etc.).

With a $1 million in a trust fund, most likely from his parents (who seem to have money), he could easily afford a "dream team" of lawyers. I am not saying he would be acquitted, but they could easily make a mess out of the trial. I am pretty glad he is going the public defender route.

I agree. At least it seems to me he's not going to be fighting too hard for his life. Which maybe (?) is the first glimmer of remorse (of sorts). Or at least that he prefers death to life incarceration for what he's done.

Unfortunately here in this country we have to provide legal representation. That person will have to defend him to the best of their ability or he can always come back and say that he was not done right and be allowed to have this whole thing thrown out of court and be walking the streets again. I hope I am saying this so that it makes sense. I feel sorry for the poor shmuck that has to defend him.

I do, too.

I'm really glad you're posting in this thread, BTW. Nice to have input from a local as we follow this.

The interview with Hailey's mom. I don't judge her, I don't find any fault with her, my heart breaks for her, she seems so removed from the situation mentally. I'm hoping she is medicated to keep it together.

She agreed to do the interview, I don't fault the reporter. It is incredibly painful to watch, but I do worry that she'll see that interview in the future and regret doing it.

I can't imagine being able to function after something like that, my heart goes out to her.

If he has any assets then he will not qualify for a public defender or be able to get one when he appeals his case either. Today the public defender was just there so that they could formally charge this . He will be required to fill out the proper forms in order to qualify for a public defender from here on out.

Also, I hope that the family does sue him for a wrongful death. I don't look at it as blood money. To me it's money that he won't have and another ding against him.

This TV station should have never aired this interview!
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/exclu...alks-to-hailey-owens-mother/21048998_24583508

He even calls her Stacey!
Mom should not be talking!

Maybe she feels the need to talk but my goodness I remember Summer Thompsons mom Dina.... there were no words!
I don't think she has let it all sink in yet!

That interview was not planned. They were there to do a story on the memorial and Mom came out and up to them and said she would talk to them. IIRC, the interviewer Steve Grant is the noon anchor and I think he was caught off guard himself.

This TV station should have never aired this interview!
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/exclu...alks-to-hailey-owens-mother/21048998_24583508

He even calls her Stacey!
Mom should not be talking!

Maybe she feels the need to talk but my goodness I remember Summer Thompsons mom Dina.... there were no words!
I don't think she has let it all sink in yet!

She is in shock and is probably medicated. My brother died suddenly and unexpectedly and I was in shock for a week or more. Hailey's death is way more traumatic. There is no way her mom isn't still in shock. Journalist seem to capitalize on people's pain. And sometimes they just ask stupid questions. JMO

I am wondering if the parents hired an attorney to try to get the trust out of his name. I hope they can freeze his assets so that he has to lose all the money he has.

I hv been way too upset about this precious childs death to post. I'm curious how much *advertiser censored* they will find in the perps home and also reading this morning there were several containers in his basement...so now we know what he did...and a bullet to the head? This is the most heinous of crimes, he deserves death and nothing less. I'll bet the mo in this case is that he couldn't stand to live with himself another moment, ergo he did what he always wanted to do. He doesn't rate in any way; a public defender. He will have to pay for his defense, IMO.

I'm sickened, saddened and angry. To know that so many freaks live among us...is disheartening at best. JMO

Gladstone woman on a crusade for change following Hailey Owens’ death

Posted on: 9:44 pm, February 20, 2014, by Robert Townsend, updated on: 05:49am, February 21, 2014

GLADSTONE, Mo. — Donna Roesle is a mother of three adult kids. Hours after the murder of Hailey Owens, she organized an online petition in hopes of getting a law passed that will get tougher on criminals who commit crimes against children.

“Sitting around doing nothing is going to do nothing,” she said.

She wants to convince Missouri lawmakers to pass a new law. It would require all convicted offenders who preyed on children to receive the death penalty or castration 30 days after the crime.

Gotta say, if Moms and Grandmoms were the lawmakers, we wouldn't have quite the epidemic.

I am wondering if the parents hired an attorney to try to get the trust out of his name. I hope they can freeze his assets so that he has to lose all the money he has.

No, that's not exactly how it works...it sounds more (with CW's job/lifestyle) like the dad already had a pretty carefully executed trust, with firm parameters. If the trust were what's called an Irrevocable Trust, even Dad can't hire an atty to change its parameters, now.

For those that are local, I heard that there is a candlelight walk on Commercial Street Saturday and that their will be a motorcycle ride on Sunday. I can get more accurate times and locations if anyone needs it.

OK here is my thing. He kidnapped Owens on Angie housman s birthday. Her birthday is Feb 18, Angie got kidnapped on Nov. 18, Owens birthday is august 18. Both girls same age and kinda look alike. Both are Missouri cases. I did contact the Springfield missouri police department to have them see if he had anything to do with angie case.

I would think that the school/police would interview the kids that he had in class to see if anything inappropriate was said or done.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do
Courts.MO.gov - Search Docket - Craig Michael Wood

Snipped from Docket Entries:

02/20/2014 Correspondence Filed
LETTER FILED BY MEDIA COORDINATOR, GENE HARTLEY, REQUESTING PERMISSION TO COVER, WITH A STILL CAMERA AND VIDEO CAMERA, THE ARRAIGNMENT. /ACT

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.courts.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=32
Courts.MO.gov - Court Operating Rule 16 - Media Coordinator Directory

Snipped:

Greene County (31st Circuit)

Gene Hartley, Assistant Media Coordinator
c/o KY3-TV
----------------------------------------------------------

Gene Hartley is with KY3 (KYTV) - Springfield, MO and per above Linked site, is the Media Coordinator with the 31st Circuit in Greene County.

Bumped. I can no longer edit my original comment #399.

I incorrectly stated the call letters for KY3. This is to correct which I did in the above text.

Call letters for KY3: KYTV

After posting so many links since this case unfolded, I know the call letters for KY3. No more posting in the wee hours for me . . . :crosseyed:

Thank you, techpuppy, for bringing this mistake to my attention. I appreciate it.

My concern, especially if they go after the DP, is that he can claim ineffective counsel with a PD. I would rather he stick with Passanise.

True -I surely didn't think about that! That is where someone should remind him that he did have a million dollar trust fund, but decided to use a public defender instead. Why does it seem there are more laws that protect criminals, than there are to protect our little ones? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone