MO MO - Ira Lee Briscoe, 25, Suspicious Circumstances, Landon, 17 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ira's family had a search yesterday across from Ira's house on Hwy 142, but found nothing. I understand not publishing the location earlier, but things got a little jumbled about what day the search actually was and the location wasn't posted until an hour before the search. I hope LE is doing more behind the scenes to help find Ira and Limon.

Ira Lee Briscoe – The Charley Project

briscoe_ira2.jpg
briscoe_ira4.jpg
briscoe_ira7.jpg
briscoe_ira8.jpg
briscoe_ira.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Briscoe was last seen in West Plains, Missouri on December 17, 2020. He has never been heard from again. His family reported him missing on December 23.

About a week after the missing persons report was filed, his car, a 1995 Mercury Sable with the Missouri license plate number LC9-V1B, was found at a scrapyard. Investigators stated he may have given the vehicle to someone else prior to his disappearance, so it had little or no evidentiary value.

Briscoe's disappearance may be related to a shooting that happened the day before he went missing. Two people, both of whom were known to him, exchanged gunfire inside a residence in Koshkonong, Missouri. Because Briscoe knew both of the individuals involved, authorities are looking into the possibility that the incident was connected to his disappearance.

His roommate, Limon Little, was last seen on December 15, two days before Briscoe. It's not clear whether the two men's cases are connected, but both are considered missing under suspicious circumstances. Both disappearances remains unsolved.

Nov 28, 2022 article - have also posted this to the Limon Little thread.

From the article:

Detectives say they can’t give details of leads they are following but some seem promising.

One of those leads involves a search warrant in another state.

Investigators say several techniques have been used to try and find Briscoe and Little, including search warrants, investigative subpoenas and more than 100 interviews.

Authorities have searched Howell County, Oregon County, Douglas County, West Plains and parts of Arkansas in an effort to find them.

DEC 21, 2022
Marking the anniversary of the disappearance of Ira Lee Briscoe, friends and family gathered Saturday at People’s Park in West Plains, defying frigid temperatures and biting wind to release 24 balloons, one for each month Briscoe has been gone.

[...]

A Facebook group created in September 2021, “Ira Lee Briscoe ‘Bring Ira Home,’” has a following of almost 2,300. ...

[...]

Posts in the group include comments from those who knew Briscoe as an elementary school student at Glenwood School. Briscoe had cancer as a child, and recovered. His parents, Marilyn and Rodney, are lifetime members of the community. Marilyn has said, as a mother, it was difficult to almost lose Ira to cancer only to have him vanish as a young man and father of a young son who misses him.

[...]

“The community needs to get more verbal about what happened,” says Christi Clarke, administrator of the group and co-organizer of Saturday’s balloon release. She reminded those present that the missing are sons, fathers, siblings and friends with loved ones who need closure.

[...]

Clarke has also been involved in the search for Briscoe for the past two years, including walking waist-high in pond water. She says Marilyn has done that and more: “She will stop at nothing.”

The balloon release was the conclusion of two years of searching the woods, ponds, caves and ravines, talking with law enforcement and the agonizing task of waiting. Briscoe’s father was unable to be there due to health problems.

[...]

March 16, 2023 article - I’ve also added this link to Mr Little’s thread.

Noting:

[...]

The family admitted Briscoe had gotten involved with drugs over the years and possibly would have seen the cartels as a lucrative opportunity.

“He said, you don’t have to worry about me no more, Mom. I got it. I’m in with the cartels,” Marilyn Briscoe said.

[...]

An update from police said they have issued multiple search warrants and several potential burial sites have been excavated, but no human remains have been found. The sheriff referred to the case as an open investigation.

[...]

“I just believe that the investigation never started on the right foot. I don’t think the home was ever searched. I don’t think any electronic communication devices, phones, computers, anything, were searched,” Olmstead [Center for Missing Persons President] said.

[...]

The Sheriff’s Office said it has made nine arrests in connection with the case, all on unrelated charges. While no one has been directly charged in the disappearance of Little and Ira Briscoe, law enforcement has said those arrests have been used to move the investigation forward.

Dec 19, 2023 article - still looking for answers.

[…]

Ira’s roommate, Limon Little, a disabled veteran, went missing around the same time.

[…]

As the years pass, tips have dwindled, and the sheriff’s department acknowledges the inevitable decline in leads. Yet, the Briscoe family clings to hope, yearning for the day when they can finally lay their beloved son to rest.

If you have any information, please call the Howell County Sheriff’s Office at 417-256-2544.

[…]

Remains found are unidentified and have been sent for autopsy.

August 15, 2024

The Howell County, Missouri, Sheriff’s Office is investigating the discovery of human skeletal remains in a rural area near the Arkansas state line last Saturday.

This is a lengthy and informative article:

Fulton County Investigator and Sharp County Deputy Locate Two Sets of Skeletal Remains Believed to Be Those of Two Men Missing Since 2010

One of the two skull bones contained a metal jaw plate with a serial number stamped into the plate. Briscoe’s family confirmed he had undergone surgery to his jaw at Mercy Hospital in Springfield before going missing…

Weaver explained breaks in the case. A few months ago, he interviewed a person of interest, who was allegedly associated with witnesses or suspects in the case. The person provided him with the general location of where the bodies were allegedly placed…

After searching for the area for hours, Wilson finally located a depressed area in the earth that appeared as the CI had described. According to Wilson, after peering into the approximately 12-14 foot-deep cistern, he saw what appeared to be two human forms wrapped in either silver tarps or duct tape.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds
Back