MO MO - Jasmine Haslag, 31, Jefferson City, 18 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm so sorry about what happened to Jasmine, and that you still haven't found her yet.

There's a thread for Randy here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230216.

I don't believe Randy ever went off that bridge. It occurs to me wherever Jasmine's body was disposed of, it was a pretty successful hiding place. And if someone knew where it was and had another body to dispose of, maybe they would take it to the same place, hoping it would stay hidden just like Jasmine has. And if Randy was found, could Jasmine be nearby?

Dale Jr did live with Jasmine and Dale Sr in Rusellville when she went missing. He could very well know where she was disposed of. Randy's belongings were also found on the Missouri River bridge just a few miles from where Jasmine's car was dumped.

Dale Jr did live with Jasmine and Dale Sr in Rusellville when she went missing. He could very well know where she was disposed of. Randy's belongings were also found on the Missouri River bridge just a few miles from where Jasmine's car was dumped.

Wow. Have you been in touch with Randy's family? They mentioned on his FB missing page that they're trying to learn everything they can about the people who were around him when he went missing. Maybe you and the Chuggs could work together to find Randy and Jasmine.

:rose: Jasmine is our featured cold case from 1/5/2014 to 1/12/2014 :rose:

Thank you! Since another recently missing person, Randy Chugg, was living with the daughter of the man who was living with Jasmine when she disappeared, it seems like the perfect time to bring Jasmine's case to the forefront again.

A map:

12b5fab3-f01e-4a48-adca-32ff9a77c902_zps512758a0.png

On June 18, 2007, Jasmine planned to drive from Russellville to Bland to pick up her children, but never arrived. That route is marked in red.

Her abandoned car was found on June 20 off Highway 94 and State Road PP near Mokane, MO.

A month later, on July 23, a fisherman near the Maria-Osa Access on the Osage River pulled up his anchor and found a human hand entwined in the anchor line. The river was searched but no body was found. I don't know her family's feeling on whether this could have been Jasmine or not, but am including a marker at that location just for reference. The Osage River is marked in blue.

Link to Elizabeth Olten's thread. The two cases are probably not connected, but it is interesting that Elizabeth's father, D. Olten was Jasmine's boyfriend.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90695&page=5

Salem

I am familiar with both cases but never seen the connection. A most baffling case. One bit of information i have not found, and another piece i have not been able to link is did Jasmine leave during the daylight hours to go pick up her kids?......And someone posted above drugs and money were found left in her abandon vehicle. Is there a link to verify that information?

And looking at the one map, I am thinking she stopped at that small town (Jefferson city) in between where she left and where she was to arrive to pick up her children.

And then of course we have the male missing now, that was living had a relationship with the daughter of a male suspect?

I knew meth was involved before i read it. Explains why things are so strange and perplexing. Dealing with minds under the influence of Meth.

I am still leaning for now, that she stopped at that little town, I think its Jefferson from looking at the map from above.

How well did they check around that little town for her?
I believe the car was left where it was found to give the impression she may be in that area, when she may have been left someone in or near around that little town.

Whom ever left her car at that spot, knew about that spot in advance, and it was not picked at random. Just speculating.
I don't think she made it any further than Jefferson city. From the map above. There may had been two involved, and one followed the other to the spot where the car was left to provide transportation back to Jefferson to pick up there left vehicle...........They should do another search around that Jefferson city area from the map above.

Look for abandon buildings shacks whatever you want to call them, where someone could have been producing meth at an outside place. back in those woods in Jefferson. Barns etc........

Gotta think the local law enforcement believe he is responsible for Jasmine's disappearance. Looks like he will be serving more time in prison for burglary than for murder. Hopefully, he will be locked up for a very long time.

http://www.newstribune.com/news/2013/mar/08/olten-sr-gets-15-more-years-prison/

"Olten Sr. gets 15 more years in prison"

By Jeff Haldiman, Bob Watson

Friday, March 8, 2013

Dale Olten Sr. will serve another 15 years in prison, after a Phelps County jury convicted him this week of second-degree burglary in a four year-old case.

Cole County prosecutors charged Olten, 50, Russellville, with the Feb. 27, 2009, break-in at a home in the 16000 block of Southwest Road, near Eugene.

The case was transferred to Phelps County on a change of venue in 2010.

In July 2009, his son — Dale Olten Jr., now 24 — was found guilty by a Cole County jury on charges related to the same burglary, and was sentenced to seven years in prison.

In February 2010, Olten Sr. pleaded guilty in federal court to illegally possessing firearms — because convicted felons may not have weapons, under federal law — and to possessing stolen firearms that were found in Olten’s home during a search in connection with the area burglaries.

For that conviction, he was sentenced in October 2010 to a 19-year, seven-month federal prison term without parole.

Public Defender Heather Vodnansky, Olten’s lawyer in the case, said the new sentence is to run at the same time as the federal sentence.

He already has been serving a state prison sentence for pleading guilty to a June 2007 Callaway County charge, of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.

Cole County Prosecutor Mark Richardson noted Thursday this week’s trial in Rolla was Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Michael Crawford’s first jury trial.

Vodnansky said she filed a notice of appeal Thursday. Meanwhile, she said, Olten is being returned to the federal prison in Mississippi where he’s being held.

Hopefully now that he's been convicted and sitting in prison, he will run his mouth trying to make a name for himself and a snitch will immediately snitch on him.

You can't be loosely connected or connected to that many dead bodies without being responsible for at least one or two.

IMHO

Do we know when Dale Jr was released from prison? I think he may be the key to solving both these disappearances. IMO. MOO.

Was the hand ever DNA tested to rule in/out if it came from Jasmine?

The fisherman said his line felt very heavy when he pulled it up, and when he saw the hand it startled him and he dropped the line back into the river. When he pulled it up again, the hand was gone. The way he described it, it sounded like the hand was still attached to the body.

Do we know when Dale Jr was released from prison? I think he may be the key to solving both these disappearances. IMO. MOO.

I couldn't find an exact release date. He was convicted in 2009 and sentenced to seven years, so I'm thinking he got out sometime within the past year. He had recently moved into the apartment with his sister and Randy, who was said to be uncomfortable with that.

I think many times law enforcement know good and well that someone is guilty as hell for a murder. However at the same time cannot find the remains and can't prove it. But they can get them on other crimes that they can prove to get them off the street. In my opinion that's what they are doing in this case. And with him getting nailed on federal charges, he's probably going to do more time on these charges. It may not directly give Justice for Jasmine directly. But maybe the dying in that family can stop now. So sad. I live in Columbia.

FB Page for her: https://www.facebook.com/JasmineHaslag

no new info of course, but it really is a good, personal, missing persons page featuring other cases.

here's a group on FB for her as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2376033370/

charley project page: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/haslag_jasmine.html

Haslag was last seen at approximately 12:00 p.m. on June 17, 2007, at her residence in the 13000 block of Minnie Street in Russellville, Missouri. She was scheduled to pick up her children at 12:30 p.m. the following day from their father's residence in Bland, Missouri, but never arrived. Her green 1996 Toyota was found abandoned on June 20, in a field off Highway 94 in Mokane, Missouri, across the Missouri river. This was in the opposite direction from the route Haslag would have taken to pick up her children. The license plate and battery had been removed from the vehicle, which had nothing in it. Haslag's mother filed a missing persons report on June 21, four days after she was last seen.

Haslag's boyfriend was the last person to see her. He originally stated he last saw her when she left Russellville to get her children, then changed his story and stated she dropped him off at a Wal-Mart store. The boyfriend was arrested on drug charges after Haslag disappeared, and is incarcerated. Haslag was also involved with drugs prior to her disappearance, and was due to appear in court on July 18, 2007 on charges of possessing materials to make methamphetamine and intent to distribute marijuana, both felonies. She missed her court date. Haslag did not have a criminal record prior to these charges.

Authorities believe foul play was involved in Haslag's disappearance. They think her case may be drug-related. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

interesting about the license plate and battery being removed. These items were never found I assume?!?!

I wonder if the bf thought she was going to turn on him with the court date being the next day and all :-/ Or a possible accidental death that he covered up. Could have given her away for a drug debt as well. Anything is possible with the little information out there.

Looking at the bf: It baffles me how someone not in their right state of mind (meth) could have disposed of a body that has yet to be discovered.

People change A LOT after long-term meth use (we've all seen the pictures) ... i wonder if her family has thought about that aspect. Although, 7 years with no arrest, hospitalization, or contact, etc is pretty rare IMO She could possibly be alive. There doesn't seem to be blood evidence, although they do suspect foul play (probably b/c of the car).

I couldn't find an exact release date. He was convicted in 2009 and sentenced to seven years, so I'm thinking he got out sometime within the past year. He had recently moved into the apartment with his sister and Randy, who was said to be uncomfortable with that.

I don't want to take away the focus on Jasmine, but *I* would be beyond uncomfortable living with Dale Jr, so I'm not surprised if Randy was. He scares me.

From what Jasmine's sister posted above, Dale Jr lived with Dale Sr and Jasmine for a while.

2 people missing who at some point lived with Dale Jr.

I hope the truth about what happened to Jasmine comes out. I feel so badly for her family :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back