Found Deceased MO - Jayden Robker, 13, on a skateboard, Kansas City, 2 Feb 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAR 12

Gladstone police said preliminary autopsy results indicate there is no obvious evidence of foul play. Gladstone and Kansas City police are still investigating.

Jayden Robker’s mother Heather Robker was hoping for a happy reunion with her son until the divers pulled out the dead body of her son from a nearby water body. Jayden Robker was the oldest among six children of his parents. In a statement given to the media, the tearful mother of Jayden Robker said, “Just the overwhelming feeling of just crying and not knowing, but knowing ... it's words you can't even describe,” She added. “I miss my son."
338381-capture.PNG

Members of the community erected a memorial in the neighbourhood where Jayden Robker used to live. There are pictures, prayers, and stuffed Pokémon animals. Heather Robker hopes that people remember him for his heart and smile. She said, “Jay was a very ambitious person. He was loved by many -- family, friends, classmates. He was a very hearted kid.” “He was a very loving child. He just cared about people," she further stated.

KMBC-TV reports divers retrieved Robker’s from a pond. He was reportedly last seen near a QuikTrip and planned to sell some Pokémon cards.

Robker’s mother told WDAF-TV her son was a "very ambitious kid."

She shared, "He loved skateboarding. He loved Pokémon. He wanted to be a gamer."

He leaves behind his parents and five younger siblings.

There are photos in the official facebook group showing the memorial. In the photo, you can see that there is a drainage trench that slopes downward into the pond. I wonder if he tried to skateboard down it and stop before he got to the bottom? Or slipped down it? Not sure if I can share pics here

1678923580598.jpeg
"We miss you," a message on his locker reads. "Gone but never forgotten."

Jayden's peers have also created posters honoring him.

One of the posters read "Rest easy Jayden R."
Jayden Robker poster

*Dealing with unexpected deaths are hard on all but this age is so emotional. Life experiences are being formed in so many of these kids. I hope for them. ❤️

Nov 2, 2023 article

[…]

The document details multiple instances of Jayden running away, him alleging abuse by his mother's partner and another child in Jayden's home reporting abuse by their father.

[…]

Nov 2, 2023 article

[…]

The document details multiple instances of Jayden running away, him alleging abuse by his mother's partner and another child in Jayden's home reporting abuse by their father.

[…]
Oh no!

Nov 2, 2023 article

[…]

[…]

Wow. That certainly changes things. Was an autopsy conducted?

Extremely disturbing update.
The first incident — which is not dated — shows no case was opened after Jayden ran away from home and alleged his mother's partner was abusing him.
and of course that's the last person who saw him allegedly...
except for the bathroom gas station witness, but it may have been a different kid or (god forbid) heather lied to protect her predator husband (who she knew her kids accused of abuse but didn't leave him or do anything really)

"Heather absolutely neglected him and let him down first, but I feel like the system let him down second," Deedon said. "It's there in place to protect kids, is it not?"

I hope his mother is ashamed of herself.

Documents posted on the Find Jayden public group ran by family.
1699120179876.png
1699120187663.png
jayden was the oldest of the siblings and likely protected his younger ones. makes sense he was a target to this disgusting man.

his other sibling was the only one living in the home after jayden went missing and threatened to harm themselves. other 3 siblings sent to live with the father's mother. i wonder if heather realized what had happened and sent her other kids away out of fear of their safety (for once).

it should NOT BE ALLOWED for a family to NOT show their children to CPS when asked. the cops should be called and it should be a chargeable offense. i'm so confused why they let this keep happening. disgusting, horrible, devastating. this kid begged and pleaded for help and now he is dead

Attachments

• 396732702_365237736069031_8113912656900611597_n.jpg
    396732702_365237736069031_8113912656900611597_n.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 12
A fatality summary report obtained by The Star Wednesday confirmed Robker reported abuse by his stepfather to police in 2021. But the DSS report also detailed at least two contacts by DSS’s Children’s Division offering to help the family, beginning in 2021.

According to DSS records dating back to 2021, Jayden Robker’s mother, Heather Robker, declined state services and Eric Givens, the stepfather whom Jayden Robker accused of abuse, refused to cooperate with the state agency.

The records also reveal that around the same time Jayden Robker went missing, a second child accused Givens of abuse. Givens is married to Heather Robker.

Robker’s body was found in a pond in a wooded area in Gladstone in March. Family said he went missing from his home in February. The teen’s body was found five weeks later, about a mile from his Kansas City home.

The Star could not immediately reach Givens for comment. Heather Robker, when reached by The Star on Wednesday, declined to comment on the contents of the DSS report.

“My son has been gone for 10 months,” she said. “Leave it alone.”
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In November 2021, Jayden Robker was found by Gladstone police wandering near the 5700 block of North Walnut Street. It was then that he told officers he had run away and was being abused by Givens.

“‘I really had to look and say, ‘Those are bruises,’” Kitty Robker (grandma) told The Star earlier this year. “‘That is not a pigment thing.’”

Gladstone police referred the case to DSS that same year.

In a previous interview with The Star, Givens denied ever abusing Robker.

“Jayden got put on his knees because he was doing something to the kids,” Givens said. “That was it.”

In 2013, Givens was charged with domestic battery against a household member in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana, according to court documents. The assistant district attorney filed a motion to abandon the charges less than five months later, noting that Givens had been placed on a pre-trial intervention program.

Regarding the second time DSS was called:

“That kid was literally crying — begging me — not to let him go,” Derek Robker told The Star previously. “He said, ‘Uncle Derek, I’ll do anything. What do I have to do?’”

When Robker went missing, his mother told authorities he ran away. After his disappearance, Eric Givens told The Star that Jayden Robker left home in a rush with his skateboard and Pokemon cards in hand. Heather Robker said he disappeared while she was taking a nap.

“CD was given several different stories as to child’s status,” the DSS report indicates.

jayden's little brother's dad has gotten full custody of him. unsure if he is also jay's dad, lil brother looks like him. the public jayden fb page has a post 7 weeks ago where in the comments they discuss what happened with mom & stepdad after the fact. absolute cowardly monsters. enabling abuse makes you JUST as bad. jayden's skateboard has not been found.

Last edited:
Let's hope more facts come out that will allow us to give our opinions fully.

These poor children. Two of them said they were abused and yet no one was brought in by police for questioning, or did I miss that?

It is really hard to tell if this wonderful kid just happened to die in a pond accidentally while having a horrible home life or if his death involves a crime.

Let's hope more facts come out that will allow us to give our opinions fully.

These poor children. Two of them said they were abused and yet no one was brought in by police for questioning, or did I miss that?

It is really hard to tell if this wonderful kid just happened to die in a pond accidentally while having a horrible home life or if his death involves a crime.
Nope. You're right. They were not arrested. They then fled the state.

The Kansas City dot com news website is HORRIBLE - overloaded with popups and ads.

I use this to get past that and read the content.

Now, police in Gladstone, where Jayden’s body was found just across the city limits, say the investigation into his death is ongoing and a detective is assigned to the case. The department has said preliminary autopsy results indicated no obvious signs of foul play.

Jayden’s mother and stepfather have moved away from the Kansas City area. Neither have been named as suspects or persons of interest in the investigation, according to Capt. Karl Burris, a spokesman for the Gladstone Police Department. The Star reached Givens by phone on Tuesday, who confirmed they are not still living in Missouri.

Just before midnight on November 30, 2021, Gladstone police found Jayden wandering near the 5700 block of North Walnut Street.

When officers contacted Jayden, he told them he had run away from an orphanage and “was hesitant to give his actual identifying information or any information about his family,” according to a police report obtained by The Star.

Jayden eventually told the officers he had run away because “his stepfather, Eric Givens, abuses him,” the report reads.

The report shows Kitty Robker told police Givens kept Jayden, just 12 years old at the time, home from school and instead made him primarily responsible for caring for the other children in the home. In a separate interview with The Star, Derek Robker said he would receive calls from Jayden’s school about his attendance while the boy lived with Heather Robker and Givens.

Derek Robker said he was listed as an emergency contact for Jayden.

“There were times that my wife would have to go pick up Jayden because the school would call us … and she’d have to take him to school,” he said. “There was no one else at the house.”

--
They took the first opportunity to flee, basically the second Jayden was located. When his mom reported him missing, she didn't have any photos to give to police, and her story changed multiple times. She and stepdad-of-the-year also refused to let the cops inside the home to search for Jayden in case he was hiding etc. DSS has yet to disclose any records to any of the media that has requested them following a public records request made in March.

The cops and CPS let this family get away with so much, and I hope Jayden's family sues the pants off of everyone. This parentified child desperately tried to leave an abusive situation and ended up dying over it. Total garbage.

Oh I forgot to mention - In April, Derek Robker said he was contacted by a caseworker with the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services and was alerted that Givens’ and Heather Robker’s children had been taken into the state’s care. Louisiana DCFS denied The Star’s request for information about any potential cases involving the family.

The day after Jayden’s body was found in March, Heather Robker contacted The Star for an interview, saying she felt like she and Givens had been wrongly placed “under the microscope.”

“I kept telling people, ‘Something is wrong,’” she said. “My son did not run away. Someone took him or did something to him.”

-
Well, looks like mom is right about one thing.
1699135449534.png
“I’m not going to let his name be forgotten,” Susan Deedon (his aunt) said. “It seems like the ones that need saving don’t get any help.”

Jayden has three younger brothers and two younger sisters. He’s often there to greet his siblings as they get off the school bus, then play hide and seek and watch movies on their tablets at home, Heather Robker, 35, told The Star on Thursday.

Robker’s eldest loves to spend his time playing Pokémon and skateboarding, and lately, her husband has been teaching him to box. (SERIOUSLY??)

Recently, Jayden conjured up the idea to start his own car washing business, in the hopes of making and saving his own money, said Robker, who describes her son as ambitious, energetic, bubbly and funny. He saw his valuable Pokémon cards as an opportunity to kick-start his savings account.
-

I feel like he was trying to get money to leave.

--
Capt. Corey Carlisle, a spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department, said despite the “delay in information exchange” in getting the press release out, detectives immediately began investigating the case that Thursday night when he was reported missing.

But a month later, he has yet to be found.

Robker said she wishes police would have put out a public release sooner because she doesn’t believe her son ran away. “Did something happen to him? Does somebody know something and they’re too afraid to come forward?” Robker asked. “Just not knowing where he’s at, not knowing how to protect him, it’s just ....” she said, trailing off.

--
SHE is the one who delayed it by not providing the photo or letting LE search her property. The lack of responsibility and accountability makes me sick. I am so happy their other kids got removed from their "care" since their only real parent (Jayden) passed away. You could've protected your son by, idk, removing the abuser from your household... working with CPS or the cops... signing over Jayden to his uncle or grandma... ANYTHING.

I am infuriated over this one.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01