MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could mean they found enough evidence to charge KY with her murder. They do sometimes do that without finding the body.

Indeed, in order to place charges LE must have enough hard evidence to convince a jury, you only get one shot at a conviction.

I read that Kcpd now has JR listed as homicide iNstead of missing person. I can't find the link!!! Does anyone else have it? I know a body hasn't been recovered because her mom was asking tonight for volunteers for an upcoming search.
Yeah it is pretty typical for a case like this to "turn into" a homicide case around the 30 day mark. I always thought it was curious the detective who submitted her namus is part of their special victims unit (or was - you can see this on archives of their PD newsletter). Since no other names are quoted ever in MSM other than their PR person, its hard to tell who is handling the case. I feel like asking for trail cam footage is too late - they should have been looking for that in the first week, even if they couldn't process it all right away. I really hope someone finds something.Not that I doubt the KCPD - my hope is they are doing a fine job and utilising as much SBI resource as possible, but this one feels like a case for David Marshburn - it may be worth it for the family to get in touch with him.

I read that Kcpd now has JR listed as homicide iNstead of missing person. I can't find the link!!! Does anyone else have it? I know a body hasn't been recovered because her mom was asking tonight for volunteers for an upcoming search.

Did they have to change her status to homicide before charging Kylr with murder?

I don't know if anyone caught this, but NAMUS shows she was wearing a blue plaid shirt when she went missing.

I don't know if anyone caught this, but NAMUS shows she was wearing a blue plaid shirt when she went missing.

And black yoga pants. Exactly what was on the search warrant. I noticed when I posted but I wasn't sure if we had already discussed that. For a long time there was no mention of what she was wearing. I hope that shirt they found at KY's grandfather's house was hers. It would help build a case against him if he was dumb enough to keep her shirt.

Hello everyone. I too joined this forum because of the J.R. thread. I'm local to the area and have done a few searches on my own in areas off Blue River between 87th and just past 435. It's a spooky area. Half round pull offs every 1/4 mile or so, desolate for the most part, lots off trash and debris dumped all over the place. Downhill on one side down to B.R. on one and steep uphill with a trail system on the other. My first day searching, last Tuesday, I spotted a shotgun in shallow water near a gravel bar out in the middle. Called that in, waited for L.E. to respond. They brought two officers and a recovery person and fished out three shotguns, a bolt action rifle and a scoped rifle. Had nothing to do with J.R. but my point is that I am very cautious being back there. Anyway, my thought is this. From what I can gather the same spots are being searched over and over. I don't think J.R. is in this area UNLESS she was still in the car when K.Y burned it. Then he has to hide a body and then burn a car and not get seen doing it. That is possible, but that would mean that he drove around with a deceased person in the car for something like 30 hrs. I wish L.E. could fill in some of the timeline holes. What did he do after leaving grandpa's house around 3p.m till the burn at 1:30 the next morning. It drives me nuts. This is my first post, please be kind.
:welcome: Thanks for chiming in. I'm not as local as you seem to be, I'm in Kansas but still close enough for this all to be too close to home. I really think that KY is a serial killer, or at least has the potential if he were to get out again. I've been around in that area near the Blue River and it is spooky. I hope that you are being very careful while out and searching. You never know what you might run across...Creepy clowns and everything else horrible that's running around out there. I've also felt for a while that JR is not in that area. Like you, as far as I can tell the search groups meet in just about the same areas each weekend. I think she's close...not as far as where KY was arrested in Edwards, but also not where her car was found. Could be he took her about halfway. He had so much time to go and do whatever he needed to do before he went to Edwards, and there's been no indication (besides speculation) as far as I can tell on when or how he got there. Could have been Saturday morning, could have been later in the night. Hard to tell. Weeding through the information and trying to piece things together has been very frustrating. The case being sealed makes that all the more difficult, but I understand the reasoning and I trust that KCPD is doing all they can to ensure KY gets locked up for a long time. Again, thanks for your input. And not to worry, I was nervous to post for the first time here just because of what I've seen on other forums but everyone here is very nice. We're all just trying to piece all of this together.

I wonder why it has taken the Police a whole month to make this appeal? I mean if anyone had a camera I'm sure the owner(s) would have reviewed and found something by now or else any footage would be lost in the recording loop by now.

It makes me think hidden evidence or testimony is involved. Hope those with trail cameras do follow up.

Has anyone ever heard Swope Park mentioned as a possible place he could have taken her? It's less than a couple miles down 87th street from his grandpas. You can turn on Oldham Rd or Hillcrest

It makes me think hidden evidence or testimony is involved. Hope those with trail cameras do follow up.
This and I'm guessing that most of the people who might have come forward only did so with the assurance that their names and the information they shared wouldn't be released to media. I know that if I had any connection to KY or had direct information on his involvement in this case, I'd be hesitant to say anything without that assurance. No one knows for real certainty if they have a solid prosecutable case against him. I'm sure those who know him and what he's capable of are nervous to come forward for fear that he could get out and come after them if he found out that they spoke against him.

Hello everyone. I too joined this forum because of the J.R. thread. I'm local to the area and have done a few searches on my own in areas off Blue River between 87th and just past 435. It's a spooky area. Half round pull offs every 1/4 mile or so, desolate for the most part, lots off trash and debris dumped all over the place. Downhill on one side down to B.R. on one and steep uphill with a trail system on the other. My first day searching, last Tuesday, I spotted a shotgun in shallow water near a gravel bar out in the middle. Called that in, waited for L.E. to respond. They brought two officers and a recovery person and fished out three shotguns, a bolt action rifle and a scoped rifle. Had nothing to do with J.R. but my point is that I am very cautious being back there. Anyway, my thought is this. From what I can gather the same spots are being searched over and over. I don't think J.R. is in this area UNLESS she was still in the car when K.Y burned it. Then he has to hide a body and then burn a car and not get seen doing it. That is possible, but that would mean that he drove around with a deceased person in the car for something like 30 hrs. I wish L.E. could fill in some of the timeline holes. What did he do after leaving grandpa's house around 3p.m till the burn at 1:30 the next morning. It drives me nuts. This is my first post, please be kind.
Please be careful especially in that area. It can be rough. Jessica's mom has asked for volunteers on the FB page and I think they are doing another search Sunday.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever heard Swope Park mentioned as a possible place he could have taken her? It's less than a couple miles down 87th street from his grandpas. You can turn on Oldham Rd or Hillcrest

The one by the zoo, right?

I haven't heard it mentioned, and I hadn't even considered it. It and the zoo are just a few minutes away from the grandfather's house. It's also only about fifteen minutes from where the car was found. It's a possibility. Lots of woods out in that area and the Blue River flows through the path he would have to take to get to there. Lots of places to hide somebody out there.

I don't really know the statistics, but I'm trying to imagine what I'd do if I was Kylr (shudder) or some other killer and I wanted to hide a body then destroy all evidence by burning a car. My first instinct is to put the body and the car in opposite directions from each other. The body would be farther away from my nest than the car. Just thinking out loud...

I don't really know the statistics, but I'm trying to imagine what I'd do if I was Kylr (shudder) or some other killer and I wanted to hide a body then destroy all evidence by burning a car. My first instinct is to put the body and the car in opposite directions from each other. The body would be farther away from my nest than the car. Just thinking out loud...
That's what I think too...The car was put where it was as a distraction of sorts. Keep investigators looking there when she's really somewhere else. I think she's close, but not there. There's been a lot of rain and thunderstorms in the area lately, makes me worry about evidence being washed away.

I haven't heard it mentioned, and I hadn't even considered it. It and the zoo are just a few minutes away from the grandfather's house. It's also only about fifteen minutes from where the car was found. It's a possibility. Lots of woods out in that area and the Blue River flows through the path he would have to take to get to there. Lots of places to hide somebody out there.
There are bodies found around Swope Park all the time. It's ridiculously dangerous at night and a very short distance from his Grandfathers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Is that park the large wooded/grassy area east of his house with the creek going through it?

Does anyone know if he was back in Belton after Jessica disappeared?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member