Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“This is very unusual for him,” Forsyth’s brother, Richard Forsyth, told KOLR-TV. “This is a punctual man who has never missed a day of work in his life, not even for being sick.”

“My brother has now been missing for week. I’m grieving, I’m afraid, and it feels like the world has tipped into sheer chaos,” his sister, Tiffany Andelin, wrote on Monday.

Forsyth's fiancée said there was no reason for him to be in the area of the park where his vehicle was found, Privett told the media. The sedan was "unsecured, the keys were in it," Privett added.

It is very unlike Forsyth to miss work, according to his relatives. "He wouldn't miss a shift even if his eyeballs were hanging out of their sockets," Forsyth's brother said, adding: "It was an immediate red flag."

Forsyth texted his fiancée just before his disappearance to say he would see her "a little bit later," his brother added. "And then minutes later, he stops responding to text messages and is seen walking toward his RV," he told The Daily Beast. The outlet specified that Forsyth parked a luxury RV outside of the hospital.

Rereading the Newsweek article reminded me....

Who would ever leave their expensive car unlocked with the keys in it. Really.

But, even if he has developed a whole new identity for himself, why leave the car so easily findable with the keys in it. Unless somebody else was supposed to move the car?? Or broadcasting to family ," don't bother looking for me"?
This one is a whopper....

From the article BBM:

In his 15 years at Mercy Hospital, Dr. John Forsyth never missed a shift without letting someone know. The 49-year-old emergency medicine physician even parked his luxury RV outside of the Cassville, Missouri, hospital so he would always be steps away from his patients.
Thanks @MrsWatson The luxury RV in hospital parking lot is an interesting and rather odd tidbit. I guess it suited his lifestyle.
MOO

Rereading the Newsweek article reminded me....

Who would ever leave their expensive car unlocked with the keys in it. Really.

But, even if he has developed a whole new identity for himself, why leave the car so easily findable with the keys in it. Unless somebody else was supposed to move the car?? Or broadcasting to family ," don't bother looking for me"?
This one is a whopper....

I think it’s akin to a person leaving their shoes on a bridge or on a beach when they take their lives, unfortunately.

In a recent missing persons’ case in Toronto the person also left his keys in his car and disappeared. Unfortunately his remains were found washed up on the nearby shore of a lake.

ETA: My heart sank when I typed that. I think if a person speaks up and discusses that they’re thinking of harming themselves there is a lot of great help out there.

I’m hoping this doctor just needed a break and will be found. (And there may be a number of reasons he may be missing right now, this is just my impression and I’m hoping that I’m wrong.)

Last edited:
I am finding his FB page a bit strange, but must admit its partly because there is NO OTHER news coming our way to occupy my thoughts.

But he has 58,000 followers. But usually only has about 8-10 responses, and most of those are family... lots of extended family.

But I can "see" when the fiance likely entered his life, by when she started responses.
Maybe some of those who are responding have more to add to the story....

Just wandering thoughts. I think this case is going to end up being one we long remember.....

His FB page is strange, one post about COVID, back when the pandemic began, where he acknowledges that many of his followers may not know he is a doctor. This indicates his primary use of FB was for his crypto project(s).

That kind of engagement rate (58k followers, vs ~10 engagements per post) indicates the followers are fake.

He shares this spreadsheet to tout the popularity of ONFO coin. That spreadsheet is owned by PR-Blockchain Agency. Seems he paid for this agency and they blasted that and a few other stories as wide as they could. They probably also got him the followers on FB.

This brings back memories of a traveling nurse (RN) I worked with. She traveled for nursing when hospitals were short staffed. Her husband came along. They stayed in their R.V. in the hospital parking lot near the back.
Her husband was in the R.V. one day when a man came walking in and tried to rob him! He was able to chase him off and called L.E. and hopsital security. I can't help but wonder how safe it was for Dr Forsyth to stay in the R.V. :(
Well, he was last seen walking away from his car, by the aquatic center, so whatever happened to him did not happen in or near the RV.

His and his brothers history of companies is bizarre to me as well. They founded ambicard in 2007, you can see the website on wayback. It didn't change for years, no indication that it ever went anywhere. There is a filing for an asset management fund, but that's all I could find on this company. Interesting that his wife and John Andelin pop up here (Andelin sculpted the coins for alitin). They then founded ambicash, a crypto company that was also alitinexchange? Alitin exchange was a crypto exchange, and they also made physical coins with bitcoin addresses on them. Those got hacked, but Richard owned up to it and said they were opening an FBI investigation. <modsnip - not an approved source> Finally, we come to onfocoin. This is a still running project, and it is plastered on many of JR Forsyth's family members social media. This indicates that those close to him still have faith in his projects. His brother seems to be the face of all of their ventures until the Onfo project. That's interesting, not sure it means anything.

I would love to know more about the onfo project, and really all these ventures. @Brown bear , do you know anything about it/them? Where they successful? Some of his family members hint on social media that he has money.
I'm also stuck on his brothers comment, makes me think the brothers knows something important. 'If you’re gone because of good reasons, we understand, but we want to see you soon'

Last edited by a moderator:
His and his brothers history of companies is bizarre to me as well. They founded ambicard in 2007, you can see the website on wayback. It didn't change for years, no indication that it ever went anywhere. There is a filing for an asset management fund, but that's all I could find on this company. Interesting that his wife and John Andelin pop up here (Andelin sculpted the coins for alitin). They then founded ambicash, a crypto company that was also alitinexchange? Alitin exchange was a crypto exchange, and they also made physical coins with bitcoin addresses on them. Those got hacked, but Richard owned up to it and said they were opening an FBI investigation.<modsnip - not an approved source> Finally, we come to onfocoin. This is a still running project, and it is plastered on many of JR Forsyth's family members social media. This indicates that those close to him still have faith in his projects. His brother seems to be the face of all of their ventures until the Onfo project. That's interesting, not sure it means anything.

I would love to know more about the onfo project, and really all these ventures. @Brown bear , do you know anything about it/them? Where they successful? Some of his family members hint on social media that he has money.
I'm also stuck on his brothers comment, makes me think the brothers knows something important. 'If you’re gone because of good reasons, we understand, but we want to see you soon'
< modsnip>

As far as Richard’s comment about “good reasons,” I read that to mean he’s giving John an opening—saying, in effect, “We trust you must have some logical reasons for leaving, but we still love you and want you home.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. John Robert Forsyth, MD is a health care provider primarily located in Aurora, MO. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine. Dr. Forsyth is affiliated with Mercy Hospital Aurora. He speaks Spanish and English.

Fluent in Spanish.
Don’t know where that came from. He certainly does not speak fluent Spanish. Although, it’s conceivable he learned a bit to help patients.

No water to speak of, but there is this state park to the SE that is very wooded.

That said, i don't think he's hiding out like a mountain man.
How close is a body of water in relation to where Doctor John parked his vehicle? Where is our map person? By now we would usually have maps of the whole area. I'm not good at that sort of thing.

So, 35 deputies from the area and surrounding areas grid searched a 90 acre area? Sorry, but I am skeptical of it being a really thorough search.

My thoughts are all over the place because none of this makes sense. Wallet and passport left in vehicle along with briefcase and laptop = suicide.

His business plus a tremendous amount of support due every month and being behind on payments = pressure to disappear.

Suspicious white SUV entering the aquatic car park soon after Dr. John got there = someone maybe bringing false passport, money, and new identity papers to him and Dr. John being seen after the SUV left = disappearing.

With Dr. John's son and brother (brother in business with him) being very close with him, I wonder what they both really think happened.

Just my own thoughts here......
No water to speak of, but close to a state park. Altho I have a hard time imagining him living like a mountain man.

Attachments

• IMG_5607.png
    IMG_5607.png
    326.5 KB · Views: 1
New article today. Glad to see they're keeping John's name in the news.

May 30, 2023 / 01:15 PM CDT
"Phone and email messages left Tuesday with Cassville police were not immediately returned. Police have said there were no signs of foul play."

So it was his co workers who noticed his absence, not the fiancé. She probably thought he fell asleep when he quit replying.
Possibly she thought he fell asleep, but he told her that he would see her later so wondering if she went looking for him or calling him??

Did she not think something was wrong when she did not hear from him??

He was reported missing after NOT going into work.

His FB page is strange, one post about COVID, back when the pandemic began, where he acknowledges that many of his followers may not know he is a doctor. This indicates his primary use of FB was for his crypto project(s).

That kind of engagement rate (58k followers, vs ~10 engagements per post) indicates the followers are fake.

He shares this spreadsheet to tout the popularity of ONFO coin. That spreadsheet is owned by PR-Blockchain Agency. Seems he paid for this agency and they blasted that and a few other stories as wide as they could. They probably also got him the followers on FB.
Fake for sure. Twas why I did show the comparison.... And as stated--only family and girlfriend/fiance seem to be the responders. A few extra names I hope to follow....

Hi everyone,

We apologize for the delay, but just to let you all know that Brown bear has now been approved as a Verified family member in this discussion.

All posts by Brown bear (and responses) that have been removed due to inside information will be reinstated very shortly.

Thank you for your patience and to everyone who is here to discuss this case.

Dr. John Robert Forsyth, MD is a health care provider primarily located in Aurora, MO. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine. Dr. Forsyth is affiliated with Mercy Hospital Aurora. He speaks Spanish and English.

Fluent in Spanish.
Does anyone know if he did a mission, if he is indeed Mormon as other posters have said, to a Spanish-speaking country? If so, he would also be more familiar than most Americans with the culture, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177