Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question: did he ditch his car and get a rideshare?

Good question. IDK.

If the man seen in the aquatic park video was him, then he must have walked away. LE doesn't say that they saw him get back in his car to drive away or that he walked out of the maintenance area and down the street. IIRC, they presumed he had walked into the woods surrounding the maintenance area because they spent several days searching the woods, etc. around that area for several days. It was a big search. If he had walked away from the car to catch a ride share, one would think the dogs would have picked up his scent adjacent to the maintenance area.

We also have to assume that the video tape of the maintenance lot continued after the man left the Dr's car and that it showed no other kind of activity until LE discovered it.

Good question. IDK.

If the man seen in the aquatic park video was him, then he must have walked away. LE doesn't say that they saw him get back in his car to drive away or that he walked out of the maintenance area and down the street. IIRC, they presumed he had walked into the woods surrounding the maintenance area because they spent several days searching the woods, etc. around that area for several days. It was a big search. If he had walked away from the car to catch a ride share, one would think the dogs would have picked up his scent adjacent to the maintenance area.

We also have to assume that the video tape of the maintenance lot continued after the man left the Dr's car and that it showed no other kind of activity until LE discovered it.
And the cameras would have caught his car eventually being driven away, And who drove it away, right? LE is apparently not sharing everything.

Law enforcement officers have released almost no details on the John Forsyth death case. The information and comments in news reports have been coming directly through brother Richard and an occasional few from father Robert. Accepting those stories with a large grain of salt until LE confirm.
moo

Last edited:
How many times do we have to say we will stay confused until we hear something STRAIGHT from LE. geeeeez.

"Initially, Richard Forsyth said security camera footage showed his brother getting into someone else’s vehicle. He now says the footage shows that a few minutes after the doctor parked his car, a white SUV arrived, then left shortly afterward. About 10 or 15 minutes after that, the doctor got out of his car and walked away, never to be seen alive again, Richard Forsyth said. Found inside his unlocked car were two cellphones, a laptop and important documents, he said."

Last edited:
Law enforcement officers have released almost no details on the John Forsyth death case. The information and comments in news reports have been coming directly through brother Richard and an occasional few from father Robert. Accepting those stories with a large grain of salt until LE conform.
moo

yep, big grain of salt.

LE is letting brother do all the talking, aren't they?

And now, Brother and that local reporter, Elizabeth whatever, have both been very quiet.
I find the local reporter to be very vague and confusing anyway.

With all the publicity over this case, I am actually quite quite surprised at the small turnout. I dunno.... I really wonder if this is correct... ???

"The family had a private funeral Saturday, followed by a public vigil Sunday night in a park in Monett just north of Cassville. There, about 40 people, mostly family members, lit memorial candles and shared poignant and humorous stories about him."

I am still in the camp that thinks John didn't ditch his car, someone else did.
Anything is possible at this point. I'm sure LE has dusted the car for fingerprints/DNA, especially the steering wheel and his personal effects. Also there must have been cameras along his route from the hospital to the parking area his car was found at.

I'd also like to see security footage from the hospital where his car and/or RV was parked. No one has spoken to that.

Right now it seems only his brother is identifying JF as the person exiting his car at the parking area.

His brother is really downplaying the possibility of suicide.

The fact we do know is that JF is deceased.Raises a couple of questions

1) If it was suicide, how did he get from the hospital to where he was found at Beaver Lake in Arkansas? Why would he want to end his life?

2) If this was a homicide, who had the most to gain from his death? His brother seems to imply it was Crypto related. JF and his brother co-founded a Crypto company (ONFO) in 2018.

He had eight children from previous relationships and a pregnant finance. His financial situation is unknown, except that a court recently approved a very hefty settlement and child support to his ex-wife.

3) LE has stated there is no threat to the public.

JMO

Last edited:
New article today, a good and thorough summary of what we know so far. It also has good explanations of Crypto.

An autopsy was done, but a report isn’t expected for at least two months.

There has been some confusion about what happened near the public pool where John Forsyth was last seen in Cassville, 40 miles (64 kilometers) west of the Ozark Mountains tourist destination of Branson and about half a mile from a hospital where he worked. On May 21, the pool had yet to open for the summer season. Beaver Lake, a man-made reservoir used for recreation and where his body was found, is at least an hour’s drive away from Cassville, over twisty highways that snake through the Ozarks.

So far, authorities have not publicly indicated whether they believe he was murdered, shot accidentally or took his own life. They have not said whether they found the gun that was used or whether the SUV was related to Forsyth’s disappearance.

Paul Sibenik, lead case manager for CipherBlade, an agency that investigates cybercrimes involving crypto, said Onfo’s business model resembles pyramid schemes, which rely on an ever-growing number of referrals and cannot be sustained.
There is not a single legitimate cryptocurrency project that operates in this way,” Sibenik said in an email to The Associated Press.

JMO

ETA - grammar, bolding and underlining by me

Last edited:
Did John know his kidnapper? Surely he would've told his brother who it was. Is the previous kidnapper the person that John's brother referred to as a threat but international and not currently in the U.S.? MOO
There is an article earlier on in this thread where the brother says, "I think he ran into some bad people and didn't tell me".

Good find on the wealth intel. :cool:

UPDATE! Clarification from R:
From the same link:
https://ktar.com/story/5507877/a-missouri-doctors-death-is-steeped-in-mystery-and-speculation-authorities-arent-talking/

Initially, Richard Forsyth said security camera footage showed his brother getting into someone else’s vehicle. He now says the footage shows that a few minutes after the doctor parked his car, a white SUV arrived, then left shortly afterward. About 10 or 15 minutes after that, the doctor got out of his car and walked away, never to be seen alive again, Richard Forsyth said.

I am still in the camp that thinks John didn't ditch his car, someone else did.
Yep, me, too. I apologize if this is wrong but I think John likely met his demise behind the fence that awful day.

He was probably kidnapped, tortured, maybe bound, placed in the trunk then taken to and shot at Beaver Lake. No blood/dna on the ground at kidnap site behind fence. No blood/dna left in vehicle if he's shot on scene or while at Beaver Lake. He may have been bound across the eyes and handcuffed with his hands behind his back in order to make him cooperative for the drive. He couldn't see and he couldn't fight back. Sad way to end one's life. He deserves justice!

JMO
John, His Car, & the SUV, at Aquatic Park?

snipped for focus @Vresia. Thank you for link w quote.
Did brother say HE saw the vid or
did he say he was repeating what LE told him?
A link, anyone? TiA.

John's car is parked. White SUV arrives, parks, and leaves.
" [John] is seen walking around maybe 10 to 15 minutes after that."

Did SUV driver or passenger get out of vehicle, walk to John's car? Get in?
Did John get out of his car, walk to SUV? Get into SUV?

For the 10 - 15 min., did John stay in car, then get out?
Or was John walking around for that 10 - 15 period?

Does John's cell (one of them) show voice or texting activity at that time?
Calling, talking w, or texting w ___?

Seems LE should know ^^^ answers (not that they should release info).
Edited, minor clarifications.
Interjecting with this image of where the doctor's car was parked behind the fence. As you can see the front of his car is facing us; headlights facing us. There is enough space on his driver's side door for a vehicle to drive right alongside of it and they'd be able to roll down their driver's side windows and communicate, if they desired.

Photo credit: same image posted yesterday from Daily Mail via Fox Digital

Screenshot 2023-06-13 9.59.18 PM.png

Good find on the wealth intel. :cool:

UPDATE! Clarification from R:
From the same link:
https://ktar.com/story/5507877/a-missouri-doctors-death-is-steeped-in-mystery-and-speculation-authorities-arent-talking/

Initially, Richard Forsyth said security camera footage showed his brother getting into someone else’s vehicle. He now says the footage shows that a few minutes after the doctor parked his car, a white SUV arrived, then left shortly afterward. About 10 or 15 minutes after that, the doctor got out of his car and walked away, never to be seen alive again, Richard Forsyth said.
Seems a bit contradictory to me. But who am I.

Yep, me, too. I apologize if this is wrong but I think John likely met his demise behind the fence that awful day.

He was probably kidnapped, tortured, maybe bound, placed in the trunk then taken to and shot at Beaver Lake. No blood/dna on the ground at kidnap site behind fence. No blood/dna left in vehicle if he's shot on scene or while at Beaver Lake. He may have been bound across the eyes and handcuffed with his hands behind his back in order to make him cooperative for the drive. He couldn't see and he couldn't fight back. Sad way to end one's life. He deserves justice!

JMO

Interjecting with this image of where the doctor's car was parked behind the fence. As you can see the front of his car is facing us; headlights facing us. There is enough space on his driver's side door for a vehicle to drive right alongside of it and they'd be able to roll down their driver's side windows and communicate, if they desired.

Photo credit: same image posted yesterday from Daily Mail via Fox Digital

View attachment 429138

With (about) nine days between disappearance and discovery, COULD have been killed just about anywhere (like someplace where there was very little risk of detection).

With (about) nine days between disappearance and discovery, COULD have been killed just about anywhere (like someplace where there was very little risk of detection).
And there is still the question… what does the video cam show beyond what his brother, Richard, stated. IOW, what happened AFTER that point in time, in which the car was obviously driven away from that spot by someone.

John's Last Known Movements, per Video Brother Richard Viewed
@al66pine John's brother Richard said the family has watched the video:
John’s family said they have been shown security footage showing a person they believe is John and another car around 7:15 a.m.
“We have the white vehicle leaving about 3 minutes after that and then 10 to 15 minutes after that, someone looking quite a bit like my brother, the image is a bit blurry, exiting his car,” Richard said. “The clothing he was wearing fits his last known description, [walked] around a bit and then walk away.”

@gliving Thank you so much for quote and link.
And ^ stmt by Richard, that this reporter gives has more detail than other news stories.
:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member