MO MO - Jonathan Williams, 28, Kansas City, 6 June 1994

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reaction score
26 years later and still no justice for Jonathan Williams
Just two days after his wedding Jon Williams and his car simply vanished.
101846448_363297888397396_4840031358569530836_o.jpg

Jonathan Williams, a member of the U.S. Army Reserve and correctional officer at the Leeds County Jail, has been missing from Kansas City, Missouri since 2 days after his wedding. At the time of his disappearance Williams had custody of his young daughter and his family has said he would not have left her willingly.
102369490_362685601791958_6546331640235613673_n.png

Williams and his wife were married on June 4, 1994. His wife reported he left home two days later at 1 a.m. on June 6, 1994.

http://www.missingveterans.com/1994...w1m3YySTnqgopidsruhq76321tZ7I4bFqMEUdKGugv-l8
On June 5, 1994, Jonathan Williams hosted a small party at his house at 3948 Paseo in Kansas City, Missouri. He was reportedly last seen at approximately 1:00 am at his residence. Jonathan left the party to take a friend home and left his wallet at home. They left the house in Jonathan’s black in color 1994 Ford Tempo with the Missouri license plate N3C885. Jonathan Williams called his wife in the early morning hours of January 6, 1994 and was never seen or heard from again. His 1994 Ford Tempo was also never located.
In 2002, authorities searching for Williams's body dug up a gravesite at Mount Moriah Cemetery. No evidence relating to his case was located, however. Williams's wife was employed at a funeral home at the time of his disappearance.
Height: 6' 0" (72 inches)
Hair Color: Bald
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Medium
Identifying Characteristics: Flat footed, 2" scar on left side of abdomen; 2" scar on right leg just distal to the knee, 1.5" unknown tattoo on left chest.
Investigative Case #: 94-080168
NCIC #: M-662066461
IDENTIFIERS
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
102888676_362695445124307_8457789653467790133_n.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

*modsnip*

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they reported on his tattoo! That would help very much in potentially identifying him in the future...

the poor thing she grew up without the

I sure have looked for him over the years.

Mississippi River certainly meanders in and around that area, as does the Kansas River - perhaps his case might be a consideration for that diving crew - Adventures with a Purpose. His car was black. new year model; even if foul play at the hands of others is suspected (which is most definitely implied), his remains could still be in his car.

I don't know his wife's name, but there is a legal notice of divorce in St Louis Dispatch in December 1994 for Jonathan C. Williams. Does anyone know if the woman he married was his daughter's mother?

Here's a recent article (May 9, 2023). There are details in here regarding evidence found in the home, etc.

Family wants KCPD to revisit 1994 missing person cold case
Posted at 10:10 PM, May 08, 2023 and last updated 12:50 AM, May 09, 2023

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — June 6, 1994, is a date etched in the hearts of Jonathan "Joe" Williams' family.

Twenty-nine years later, the same question remains — what happened to him?

Joe was last seen at a home near The Paseo and east 39th Street on that day.

He got married, then two days later, he was gone — leaving his three-year-old daughter and family still searching for answers.

Jonathan Williams

"I've never stopped wondering," said Amanda Williams, Joe's daughter. "When I was smaller, I would pray at night — 'Please bring my dad back home.' That prayer has changed because I'm sure he's never coming back home, but my prayer now is the family just has closure."

At the time, detectives had 17 documented leads.

"The last lead we pursued was June 29," a KCPD detective said in an interview with KSHB 41 in 1994.

KSHB 41 revisited another interview from 1994, which captured Amanda Williams as a child and Joe's mother pleading for answers.

"I'd just like to know that you're alright," said Janice Martin, Joe's sister.

Today, it's Martin who hopes KCPD's restructured missing persons unit revisits their evidence and puts a spotlight on her brother's case.

"[Blood] smears coming from the top of the stairs all the way down to the bottom of the stairs," Martin said. "The hallway leading to the front porch, on the front porch, the sidewalk, the grass, they haven't found his car, a 1994 ford tempo, and they haven't found him."

Amanda Williams said there's challenges in the case of her father.

"When you think about it, it's almost like the perfect crime," she said. "There's nothing there."

Ten years passed before the family had to make an unimaginable decision.

"The hardest part is going to court to declare someone dead and you don't know they're dead," Martin said.

Joe was a family man and military member, according to his family.

Jonathan Williams

"He was a family man, took care of his daughter," Martin said.

The family said Joe's will never be a cold case to them and it will never be too late for someone with information to come forward.

"My nana would always say, 'What's done in the dark will come to the light,'" Amanda Williams said. "And I stand by that — it may not come to light when I'm still on Earth, but eventually it will."

The family is asking for communication from KCPD with their reformed missing persons unit. They're also asking the community — if you know something, say something.

I wonder if someone in close proximity to him had access to a car pound lot or a car demolition spot. You would have to get rid of the car as well....

updated 5/9/23

ALT TXT
ALT TXT
ALT TXT
ALT TXT
ALT TXT

Name: Jonathan Williams
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 06, 1994
Location Last Seen: Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: March 25, 1966
Race: Black
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 180 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Joe,Joey
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Flat footed, 2" scar on left side of abdomen; 2" scar on right leg just distal to the knee, 1.5" unknown tattoo on left chest

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Jonathan was married on June 4, 1994. His wife reported he left home, located on The Paseo and East 39th Street, on June 6, 1994 at 01:00 a.m., and has not been seen again.

Jonathan's family does not believe he would abandon the young daughter he had custody of, and fears he met with foul play.

Blood smears were found in various locations in his home and his car, a 1994 Ford Tempo has never been recovered.

Jonathan was a former correctional officer and a member of the Army Reserves. (bbm)

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Kansas City Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Det. Nathan Kinkate
Agency Phone Number: 816-234-5136
Agency E-Mail: missingperson@kcpd.org
Agency Case Number: 94-080168/22-63379

NamUs Case Number: 1996
NCIC Case Number: M-662066461

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
KC Missing Persons
KSHB-TV News

Admin Notes​

Added: 3/10/03; Last Updated: 5/9/23 - By: hb

5/8/23

<<"[Blood] smears coming from the top of the stairs all the way down to the bottom of the stairs," Martin said. "The hallway leading to the front porch, on the front porch, the sidewalk, the grass, they haven't found his car, a 1994 ford tempo, and they haven't found him.">>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back