MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart breaks for everyone, but it just aches for Kara's mom ...what excruciating pain of having to wait another year, I'm hoping they find more evidence at the scene. RIP Sweet Ladies 😇😇😇

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

A few weeks ago when Toni Anderson was found, I just hoped they could get justice for Kara Kopetsky and Jessica too... Never thought this would all happen so close together. Crazy.
April 5th was Toni's birthday as well. What a strange collision of events.

Lets all hope todays search includes finding enough evidence to link KY to both of them. He had to leave something of his own personals behind .. [emoji851]

Anyone gone back through his photos ... Recall a lot of old ruins and outdoor photos

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

* off topic sort of *

I just went over to the Facebook page of Yust and zoomed in on that profile pic where he's holding a girl. If this is inappropriate or too far off let me know/delete my comment, and maybe I'm just seeing things and connections that aren't there, but it looks to me like he has a mushroom tattoo on his left arm (the one in which he's holding a cigarette just beneath the -?- Buddha.) Maybe, most likely, it's my imagination running wild but I felt like sharing this. Again sorry if it's inappropriate!

I hope Kara's poor family doesn't have to wait much longer, how excruciating. A lot of tweets are saying the identification could take up to a year, not sure where that timeline is coming from. Unimaginable.

I have followed cases where LE and everybody else ' were sure' of the ID of some remains that turned out to be completely wrong. LE should keep their mouths shut and wait for the ME.

There`s another search planned Thursday in the area where both sets of remains were found. As many as 100 investigators will scour the area. Authorities have also planned a news conference tomorrow where more information about the investigation may be revealed.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/05/author...opetskys-family-is-still-waiting-for-answers/

Not sure what time there will be a news conference, but might want to keep our eyes and ears open. imo

NAMUS has her dentals as entered and available

But if the skull has a lot of missing teeth, having the x-rays may not be useful. I am glad people on websleuths have a lot of hope and good wishes for the family, but it takes as long as it takes.

I am hoping that there is something, even a small piece of clothing or jewerly that will link Kara.

I am hoping that there is something, even a small piece of clothing or jewerly that will link Kara.

Right On .... If one does not have hope or faith they have nothing at all...

But if the skull has a lot of missing teeth, having the x-rays may not be useful. I am glad people on websleuths have a lot of hope and good wishes for the family, but it takes as long as it takes.

I am with you, we need to be cautious with our hopes and our wishes. We want to make sure that they do this correctly.

Just like I am worried about jumping to conclusions on who did the crime. We want LE to be sure before they make an arrest, and it could take a lot of time. imo

There are other cases where they were thinking it was a person that it turned out not to be, but this just seems out of this world obvious. LE themselves said that the other skull looked much older. They both were obviously murdered by the same person and were last seen with the same person... JMO, there is a 99% chance that's Kara, her mother thinks so too. I'm just hoping they don't find another set of remains meaning he had a chance to do this to some other innocent girl.

I'm worried that the small amount of evidence we know they have isn't enough... As far as I know, they only have the restraining order Kara had against him in high school and they fact that they were dating at one point, and knowing he was the last person seen with Jessica and charged with burning her car. I'm really not sure if that's enough to get a conviction, although if there was a jury I think he'd be pretty screwed. JMO.

I hope if there is a plea deal it just means the death penalty is off the table and he has to rot away in his cell for the rest of his life.

There are other cases where they were thinking it was a person that it turned out not to be, but this just seems out of this world obvious. LE themselves said that the other skull looked much older. They both were obviously murdered by the same person and were last seen with the same person... JMO, there is a 99% chance that's Kara, her mother thinks so too. I'm just hoping they don't find another set of remains meaning he had a chance to do this to some other innocent girl.

I'm worried that the small amount of evidence we know they have isn't enough... As far as I know, they only have the restraining order Kara had against him in high school and they fact that they were dating at one point, and knowing he was the last person seen with Jessica and charged with burning her car. I'm really not sure if that's enough to get a conviction, although if there was a jury I think he'd be pretty screwed. JMO.

I hope if there is a plea deal it just means the death penalty is off the table and he has to rot away in his cell for the rest of his life.

Have full confidence LE will do the search properly, however what they may find in the search May be kept very confidential as not to hinder nor derail their case against KY.

We shall see what the coming days shall bring..

I want to reach out and give both Kara and Jessicas Mums a big hug, I'm so glad they have each other. I hope Kylr is squirming like the slimey he is. I have no doubts the 2nd set of remains is Kara, it has to be. Jessicas Mom, Karas Mom, Jessica and Kara. They are united, strong, the love surrounds them.

Fly high girls, be free. We got your back.

I want to reach out and give both Kara and Jessicas Mums a big hug, I'm so glad they have each other. I hope Kylr is squirming like the slimey he is. I have no doubts the 2nd set of remains is Kara, it has to be. Jessicas Mom, Karas Mom, Jessica and Kara. They are united, strong, the love surrounds them.

Fly high girls, be free. We got your back.

Well said Skibaboo....

Oh my would so love to be a fly on the wall when KY [emoji90] learns that the girls [emoji56] have been found.

Cheers [emoji847] to mushroom hunters

* off topic sort of * I just went over to the Facebook page of Yust and zoomed in on that profile pic where he's holding a girl. If this is inappropriate or too far off let me know/delete my comment, and maybe I'm just seeing things and connections that aren't there, but it looks to me like he has a mushroom tattoo on his left arm (the one in which he's holding a cigarette just beneath the -?- Buddha.) Maybe, most likely, it's my imagination running wild but I felt like sharing this. Again sorry if it's inappropriate!
I'm sure if someone went through all his tattoos they would find several that link back to Kara, that location, and his obsession with her. I also wouldn't be surprised if he had been back there (prior to placing Jessica) in the nine or so years that Kara has been missing. Not a tattoo, but at this link, under fact # 1, there is a photo of him wearing a tank top that I believe is his own design. The face of the girl in the image looks strikingly like Kara to me: http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/kylr-...ord-facebook-photos-raymore-missouri-charges/

* off topic sort of *

I just went over to the Facebook page of Yust and zoomed in on that profile pic where he's holding a girl. If this is inappropriate or too far off let me know/delete my comment, and maybe I'm just seeing things and connections that aren't there, but it looks to me like he has a mushroom tattoo on his left arm (the one in which he's holding a cigarette just beneath the -?- Buddha.) Maybe, most likely, it's my imagination running wild but I felt like sharing this. Again sorry if it's inappropriate!
I really doubt a connection. The mushroom hunters were hunting for Morel's. They call it hunting for a good reason, you never know where they will pop up.

<mod snip> Typical mushroom tattoos are of aminita muscaria mushroom species. Red with white spots on the cap-

I want to reach out and give both Kara and Jessicas Mums a big hug, I'm so glad they have each other. I hope Kylr is squirming like the slimey he is. I have no doubts the 2nd set of remains is Kara, it has to be. Jessicas Mom, Karas Mom, Jessica and Kara. They are united, strong, the love surrounds them. Fly high girls, be free. We got your back.
Amen. I'm certain he's squirming, and if he's not right now, he will be soon. He will never live another day of his life in peace. Even if the possibility comes that he walks, he will always be looking over his shoulder. Everyone knows what he is now, and he's no longer safe. I hope that thought alone gives him cause to lose sleep tonight and every other night of his sorry life. May he suffer with his consequences. May he suffer greatly.

Sorry, I'm kind of a noob with linking but on Facebook he goes by the name of Kreayt Phayte. It's his profile pic. Definitely not the mushroom you mention, if it's even a mushroom.

Have full confidence LE will do the search properly, however what they may find in the search May be kept very confidential as not to hinder nor derail their case against KY. We shall see what the coming days shall bring.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was just going to say that. With Jessica's case being sealed, it's likely we won't really learn much. I have a feeling that a press conference is only being done because of the massive amount of people interested in this case. Also the amount of time that has gone by with Kara's disappearance. I kind of see LE trying to appease the media a little here to keep them off their tail for more details. What I wish is that the media would stop mentioning Kylr's name and stop adding his photo to articles on the subject of Jessica's remains being found. They don't need to give his attorney any leg room to appeal a future conviction, and media influence will do that. They can easily come back and say that he wasn't granted his Sixth Amendment right to a fair trial due to unfair persecution by the media. Or that they had a tainted jury due to media exposure of the case. I have a feeling there may be a change of venue for the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89