MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on "what" happened? TIA! :)

17CA-CR00957-01 - ST V KYLR CHARLES YUST

11/18/2019 Response Filed
Response to Discovery as of 11122019; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: JULIE L TOLLE

11/15/2019 Objections Filed
Objection to Kylr Yust being forced to appear in Court; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: MATT WAYNE VIGIL
On Behalf Of: KYLR CHARLES YUST
Proposed Order Filed
Defendants Proposed Order For Medical Treatment; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Motion Filed
Defendants Request for Court Ordered Mental Health Treatment; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

11/06/2019 OCN Filed
Notice of OCN; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: JULIE L TOLLE
Entry of Appearance Filed
Entry of Co-counsel for Defendant; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

11/02/2019 Request Filed
7th Discovery request; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: SHARON RENEE TURLINGTON
On Behalf Of: KYLR CHARLES YUST

-------

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/charges.do

Nothing on the docket as far as hearings or such.

97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif
for checking Jewels!

Kylr Yust might not undergo another mental health evaluation

His lawyer said she will withdraw the defense's motion for another mental health evaluation if the jail doctor agrees to give Yust medicine for anxiety and depression.

The defense also said Monday it had yet to decide if it would perform independent tests on the remains of Kopetsky and Runions, which were discovered in a remote area of Cass County in April 2017. Yust's attorney estimated the independent testing could take between six months and one year.

Delay, delay, delay. Disgusting tactics by the defense and we're not even at trial. Do they seriously believe he is innocent? What would testing bones prove or disprove? Get him to confess and take a deal so these poor mothers can sleep at night.

I mean, it might be safer for everyone involved if they put him on some meds thru the trial, I think that’s a pretty legitimate request so hopefully this will be the end of the delays (fingers crossed)

Kylr Yust might not undergo another mental health evaluation

His lawyer said she will withdraw the defense's motion for another mental health evaluation if the jail doctor agrees to give Yust medicine for anxiety and depression.

The defense also said Monday it had yet to decide if it would perform independent tests on the remains of Kopetsky and Runions, which were discovered in a remote area of Cass County in April 2017. Yust's attorney estimated the independent testing could take between six months and one year.

Delay, delay, delay. Disgusting tactics by the defense and we're not even at trial. Do they seriously believe he is innocent? What would testing bones prove or disprove? Get him to confess and take a deal so these poor mothers can sleep at night.

from article in quote:

If the doctor fills the prescriptions and the defense forgoes another evaluation, a Dec. 2 hearing likely would be canceled.
[.....]
Yust's lawyer said the team first wants to read reports from existing tests then make a decision, which will likely be announced Dec. 19 at a scheduled hearing.

The judge also hopes to set a new trial date at the Dec. 19 hearing.

I'm going to put him on Dec. 19th. Unless someone hears any different about the Dec. 2nd hearing date!

I mean, it might be safer for everyone involved if they put him on some meds thru the trial, I think that’s a pretty legitimate request so hopefully this will be the end of the delays (fingers crossed)
Agree with that bit. It is the testing of remains that infuriates me as it is nothing more than a delay tactic. They have had a year. This judge needs to start putting the smack down - Kylr has gotten too much leniency from the court his entire life. In fact, if they do that, I hope the DA reminds Kylr he will be asking for the death penalty so now would be a good time to plea out so he can go convalesce in general pop with a lifetime lithium prescription.

I just noticed on my notes that I don't have the city/towns where Kara or Jessica are from. I found Kara's as Belton. Is Jessica from there too?

TIA! :)

I just noticed on my notes that I don't have the city/towns where Kara or Jessica are from. I found Kara's as Belton. Is Jessica from there too?

TIA! :)
I seem to recall she lived in Lee's Summit which is a large suburban zone between Belton and Kansas City. Her family is from Raymore which is next to Belton to the East and where she was put to rest.

So - Lee's Summit it is! Thank you. :)

Monday, December 2nd:
*Case Review Hearing (“might” be cancelled) (@ am CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007, Belton) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016, Lee’s Summit) – *Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) & arraigned (6/18/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse. Plead not guilty. $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car. Felony charges for arson dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017.
Trial starts on 11/4/19-cancelled. Held in Cass County, jurors from St. Charles County.
Court info from 3/1/18 thru 9/16/19 reference post #994 here:
Identified! - MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*
9/30/19 Update: Defense team filed a motion Friday to prevent him from being required to appear in court. According to the court filing, Yust is “currently incompetent to proceed based upon a mental disease or defect” and “has extreme anxiety about appearing in court.” Next case review hearing set for 11/18.
10/16/19 Update: Defense filed motion (10/16/19) seeking a second opinion after a state doctor found that he was “competent to proceed in Cass County court. Yust suffers from “mood-related symptoms, including anxiety, depression and suicidal gestures.” His lawyers objected to the competency finding and also want Yust to undergo a second evaluation from a doctor chosen by the defense team. A judge ordered the new examination to be completed in 60 days.
11/2/19: 7th Discovery request by defense; 11/6/19: Entry of Co-counsel for Defendant; 11/15/19: Defendants Request for Court Ordered Mental Health Treatment; Defendants Proposed Order For Medical Treatment & Objection to Yust being forced to appear in Court.

11/18/19 Update: Defense said she will withdraw the defense's motion for another mental health evaluation if the jail doctor agrees to give Yust medicine for anxiety and depression. The defense also said Monday it had yet to decide if it would perform independent tests on the remains of Kopetsky and Runions. If the doctor fills the prescriptions and the defense forgoes another evaluation, a Dec. 2 hearing likely would be canceled. Yust's lawyer said the team first wants to read reports from existing tests then make a decision, which will likely be announced Dec. 19 at a scheduled hearing. The judge also hopes to set a new trial date at the Dec. 19 hearing.

HARRISONVILLE, Mo. —
The trial date for accused killer Kylr Yust may hinge on the amount of DNA testing still necessary in the case, according to statements from Yust’s defense attorneys during a court hearing Monday.

[...]

In court, Yust’s defense attorneys left open the possibility of more DNA testing on both women's remains, which could set a trial date back by months. Yust's attorneys did not give a timeline for the testing but said they would be ready to reveal more at a Dec. 19 hearing.

The remains of both women are still at the Jackson County Medical Examiner’s Office, Cass County Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Julie Tolle told the courtroom.

Yust stood before Cass County Judge William Collins as the judge seemed eager to set a trial date. But more back and forth between Yust's defense attorneys and prosecutors about Yust's mental competence means it could be another two weeks before the judge could set a trial.

The attorneys said they would be ready to present doctors at the next court hearing to determine Yust's competency.

Collins canceled the trial, which had been set for November, since there were several pending items in the case including a mental evaluation and medical treatment for Yust, and items of missing discovery.

Another court hearing, but still no trial date set for Kylr Yust

HARRISONVILLE, Mo. —
The trial date for accused killer Kylr Yust may hinge on the amount of DNA testing still necessary in the case, according to statements from Yust’s defense attorneys during a court hearing Monday.

[...]

In court, Yust’s defense attorneys left open the possibility of more DNA testing on both women's remains, which could set a trial date back by months. Yust's attorneys did not give a timeline for the testing but said they would be ready to reveal more at a Dec. 19 hearing.

The remains of both women are still at the Jackson County Medical Examiner’s Office, Cass County Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Julie Tolle told the courtroom.

Yust stood before Cass County Judge William Collins as the judge seemed eager to set a trial date. But more back and forth between Yust's defense attorneys and prosecutors about Yust's mental competence means it could be another two weeks before the judge could set a trial.

The attorneys said they would be ready to present doctors at the next court hearing to determine Yust's competency.

Collins canceled the trial, which had been set for November, since there were several pending items in the case including a mental evaluation and medical treatment for Yust, and items of missing discovery.

Another court hearing, but still no trial date set for Kylr Yust
The day this finally goes to trial he will be convicted and then his appeals will be minimal (as minimal as these sort of cases can be ;)). It’s sad that the two ladies’ families have to go through all these delays but they will see justice done.

Thursday, December 19th:
*Case Review Hearing (@ am CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007, Belton) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016, Lee’s Summit) – *Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) & arraigned (6/18/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse. Plead not guilty. $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car.
Felony charges for arson dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017.
Trial starts on 11/4/19-cancelled. Held in Cass County, jurors from St. Charles County.

Court info from 3/1/18 thru 11/15/19 reference post #1010 here:
Identified! - MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

11/18/19 Update: Defense said she will withdraw the defense's motion for another mental health evaluation if the jail doctor agrees to give Yust medicine for anxiety and depression. The defense also said Monday it had yet to decide if it would perform independent tests on the remains of Kopetsky and Runions. If the doctor fills the prescriptions and the defense forgoes another evaluation, a Dec. 2 hearing likely would be canceled. Yust's lawyer said the team first wants to read reports from existing tests then make a decision, which will likely be announced Dec. 19 at a scheduled hearing. The judge also hopes to set a new trial date at the Dec. 19 hearing.
12/2/19 Update: Yust’s defense attorneys left open the possibility of more DNA testing on both women's remains, which could set a trial date back by months. Yust's attorneys did not give a timeline for the testing but said they would be ready to reveal more at a Dec. 19 hearing. More back & forth between Yust's defense attorneys & prosecutors about Yust's mental competence means it could be another two weeks before the judge could set a trial. The attorneys said they would be ready to present doctors at the next court hearing to determine Yust's competency.

Jury selection for the trial is set to begin on July 22.

Jurors will be brought in from St. Charles County, which is just outside of St. Louis. Once the jury is set, the trial will begin the following Monday.

Judge sets trial date for accused killer Kylr Yust

I had to put this link in Outline - they always seem to "shorten" up the article. Is there any "next court dates" in there? Anyone? TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-133.gif

Jury selection for the trial is set to begin on July 22.

Jurors will be brought in from St. Charles County, which is just outside of St. Louis. Once the jury is set, the trial will begin the following Monday.

Judge sets trial date for accused killer Kylr Yust

I had to put this link in Outline - they always seem to "shorten" up the article. Is there any "next court dates" in there? Anyone? TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-133.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member