MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm a video editor for a local news station in west palm beach but i started my career at kshb... i've been following this since i was in college... i could not believe it when i saw the news... i hope for the sake of their families it is them... far too long for families to go without answers or proper goodbyes... i hope this can bring those 2 families peace and that dirtbag will finally be put away... remember, murderers don't get to have names when they take the lives of the innocent...

anyway, this was just someone reaching out from far away to say, i'm thinking of the families and the community right now...

Bone structures of the jaw, roots of the teeth, and sinuses are all unique to an individual, making information gathered from dental records very useful in forensic odontology. Forensic odontology is a forensic science, which handles, examines, and presents dental evidence in court. Dental evidence can be helpful in the identification of a person, but it can also help assess their age and whether or not there were signs of violence.

http://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/postmortem-identification/

Bone structures of the jaw, roots of the teeth, and sinuses are all unique to an individual, making information gathered from dental records very useful in forensic odontology. Forensic odontology is a forensic science, which handles, examines, and presents dental evidence in court. Dental evidence can be helpful in the identification of a person, but it can also help assess their age and whether or not there were signs of violence.

granted, i don't know a lot about dna recovery, but once they have found the rest of the remains, would it be possible to pull dna from any bone marrow?

Awesome, thank you. I don't think they'd notify Kara's family if they didn't have some kind of identification, although on the news she said they're still waiting on positive identification. I don't have a link because it was on the local news, will post one if it gets transcribed.

granted, i don't know a lot about dna recovery, but once they have found the rest of the remains, would it be possible to pull dna from any bone marrow?

I think with the advances on DNA testing at the minimal the will be able to get a mitochondrial match. I believe tooth pulp is usually one of the longest lasting areas for genetic material to survive.

Kara had a big distinctive smile. it wouldn't surprise me that is why they are able to say they think it might be her.

Please, please, please don't let Kylr get away this. I pray there's enough physical evidence to send him away forever. Kara was frequently on my mind over the years and while I'm hopeful her family will soon have answers, I'm devastated for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really hope they can find evidence against this monster, and that the Runions family gets answers too... If there isn't enough evidence to convict him, I have a feeling he will get what he has coming for him... JMO.

Holy..... the news we have all hoped and dreaded is here. Why are they assuming this is her? Also if this is Kara and Jessica I am kind of surprised he left them together. Also why are they only saying skulls? Where are the full skeletons. For them to be saying they believe this is them there has to be a reason.
I think that sick smug SOB thought he got away with Kara's murder all these years, so he took Jessica to the same spot, thinking he would have just as much time. I hope he is put away for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV