MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...so what are the "next good ideas"
here's mine, but it's likely too late (and I mentioned before but don't think anyone responded)
Find out what that dog ate on the night in question...isn't there a way to do that? There had to be a reason that dog didn't bark, and let's say you found that the dog ingested a particular type of steak or meat, then find where that meat is sold....continue from there.
Ok...so it might not be a GOOD idea, but it's an idea. Anyone else think this could lead somewhere or I am totally crazy! TIA

Police have not released any information about a potential suspect in the disappearance of 10-month-old Lisa Irwin, but a neighbor says investigators have questioned him about a man who has been seen riding his bike in the neighborhood.

The neighbor says authorities brought a picture of a man to his door and asked him if he had seen him.

He told police that he had seen the man, who he described as in his 20s, riding a bike and carrying a backpack.

The neighbor, who has lived in the neighborhood for 40 years and says he knows all of its residents, says he is sure the man does not live close by and was suspicious of the man even before Lisa disappeared.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...f-lisa-irwin-7-days-into-search#ixzz1aOkLHeOy

Also see video with article

Oh no, this really is worst case scenerio. If Lisa was taken by someone I have remained hopeful that it was a woman that wanted a baby of her own. I just can't see a young male wanting a female infant for anything good. Please let me be wrong.

Police: 'At the mercy of the next good idea'
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 7:42 AM EDT
Updated: Oct 10, 2011 11:48 AM EDT

And police are struggling to find any answers.

Kansas City police spokesman Steve Young told The Associated Press Monday that detectives are pursuing leads but are "at the mercy of the next good idea."

"Detectives are still tracking leads as we speak," said Young.

According to police, detectives were leaving in pairs from the command post Monday morning to track down information that had come in over the weekend.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15655082/hope-does-not-fade-in-search-for-baby-lisa

Kansas City police spokesman Steve Young told The Associated Press Monday that detectives are pursuing leads but are "at the mercy of the next good idea."

This statement has been made over and over and over in this case by Young.

I really think it means they believe the perp called in a tip early in the and they found something because of it and they want that person to call back and tell them something more.

Police don't normally want you to call in thoughts or ideas or suggestions. They want tips.

yesterday I watched the interview with reporters that the mom and dad did. They said they were not sure if anything else was stolen and did not care if it was. Just want Lisa back. Now I wonder if anything else is missing. This could of just been a robbery that decided to abduct a baby. Which has happen before. Now if there is some stuff missing, putting it in the news could really help.

My darling peeps. Please only post tweets from news sources. Thanks. These threads would be full of possible rumors and problems we don't need with random person tweets.

xoxoxoxoxo

I just want to say how wonderful these threads have been going of late and want to THANK YOU!

Now back to werk for me. :whip: Behave yourselves! wink

Woops, that'd be me then :D. Sorry bout that, was hoping to just see if our local could pop her head out the window and verify or not!

How about this - locals, do you see any searches going on today? Especially by the river?

I really think it means they believe the perp called in a tip early in the and they found something because of it and they want that person to call back and tell them something more.

Police don't normally want you to call in thoughts or ideas or suggestions. They want tips.

I thought that earlier they didn't want people to call in because anything you could think of they've already thought it three times???

MOO :twocents:

I have been in a emotional situation where I every time I would try to talk about the issue I would start crying, but would stop to listen to someone else. JMO

The Associated Press: Police back at home of Kansas City missing baby

. An officer was back at the house early Monday for about 10 minutes, walking around to the rear.

He did not speak to the media, and police haven't commented on any aspect of the investigation.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...n-uvcQ?docId=d5d370efee214f1880be1f4ab959177f

What is in the back yard? There had to have been a tip , a ping something that keeps bringing them back there. Ugghhhh

I really think, as they kept telling us in their earlier pressers, that they truly have nothing, no leads. Which is probably why they leaned on the parents so hard.

Really does seem like we rare back at square one, unless these new bits about the teen, the handyman, and bike man lead to something.

To me it sounded more like abject frustration with certain higher-ups who want this case solved yesterday and perhaps keep the rank and file jumping with "ideas" for them to check out, all the while ratcheting up the pressure. Would be rare to hear a department spokesperson speak that way even if that's the case, true, but this is a rare case, with much pressure anyway.

I thought that earlier they didn't want people to call in because anything you could think of they've already thought it three times???

MOO :twocents:
I think if you go back and look at the statement you are talking about you could really interpret it as a dare for the person to call in.

Now looking at this again: "at the mercy of the next good idea." That suggest they had a something good called in at least once and want it done again.

Do we know if LE has taken the computer?

I don't think we know much of anything. We have no idea on the timeline that evening (other than bedtimes), we haven't heard about the last sighting of Lisa outside of Mom nor do we have any clue what all was removed from the house as evidence. For that matter I don't think it has ever been confirmed that there was a computer in the "computer room". We seem to be working with nothing to very little.

Woops, that'd be me then :D. Sorry bout that, was hoping to just see if our local could pop her head out the window and verify or not!

How about this - locals, do you see any searches going on today? Especially by the river?

The river search was yesterday. I posted a reporter tweet and a news article snip about it within the past hour or so. It was because LE got info that the area is where Dad had worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3