MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the three cell phones they took belonged to the wife and the two older children, the boys.

I know my grandchildren all have cell phones. It's so their parents can keep in constant contact with them. Not at school, per se, but otherwise.

Oh, and at nite they OFTEN leave the phones on the counter. Sometimes they're charging them. It's also the best spot to put them so they don't forget them on their way out the door the next day.

Oh, fwiw, I leave mine on the counter as well. I don't have a house phone, just a cell.

JMHO
fran

That's my guess, especially if the kids are old enough to be left alone for even a short amount of time and there's no landline. Or, since one was apparently not working, a new one was recently bought and all three were on the counter charging/waiting to be recycled or whatever. Another possibility is that dad might have forgotten his or left it to be charged (not used to working nights, possibly, so didn't think to charge it beforehand?) and the third is a work phone, as well.

Updated

Lisa Irwin Timeline

Abducted by intruder through bedroom window. Far right window of house. UPDATE—according to police spokesman window may not be correct. 3620 block of North Lister 64117

UPDATE 10-6-11 3 cell phones also taken. One does not even work. Also, dad came home to find front door unlocked, most of the lights on and front window open.

Other two sons asleep in different bedrooms. (sons are half brothers to Lisa-the mothers children from another relationship)

Father is electrician that works nights. Just started job on this night.--Jeremy

Mother is a SAHM--Debbie

Monday October 3, 2011 10:00 p.m. Last seen in crib wearing purple shorts and purple shirt with white kittens on it.

**Possibly seen by Mr. Parscale (a man that lives in the area) according to his wife Lisa around 12:00 a.m. Tuesday wearing only a diaper being carried by a male. Quote from Lisa--“He seen the guy act like he was going to go into a residence,” Parscale said, “but then my husband drove off so we’re thinking that maybe he was just doing that so that my husband would leave.”

**Parscale says her husband saw the man walking on a street perpendicular to North Lister, where Lisa Irwin lives with her parents and brothers.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 3:30 a.m. (first report stated it was 4:00 a.m.) Father returns home from work and discovered baby missing from crib.

UPDATE at 2:00 p.m. October 4 presser Capt. Steve Young speaking—Parents’ story has no holes. Looking into neighbor that possibly saw Lisa being carried by the male. No suspects other than neighbor sighting.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 approx. 7:00 p.m. amber alert cancelled. Lisa is considered a MISSING/ENDANGERED JUVENILE. Per police the alert has served it’s purpose. Police and dogs will search for a while into the night.

*** Tuesday night authorities searched a van and car at the home. There is no word on what police found or were looking for. Officers searching for the child focused on areas near the family's home such as railroad tracks near the north side of the Missouri River and a wooded area behind the home. http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-aut...rch-for-missing-baby-20111005,0,6273053.story

Tuesday 9:25 p.m.

Mass exodus of police from the command center. Looks like K-9's are finished searching for the night. Police search will continue in AM
by cliffjudy via twitter 9:25 P

**family stayed with relatives after being questioned until 10:30 p.m.

Wednesday October 5, 2011

9:00 a.m. press conference Capt. Steve Young speaking—basically no new information. Still searching with dogs, however there have been no hits. Parents not ruled out, but also not suspects. Very cooperative.

** KMBC's Jana Corrie: Children who were also inside the home at the time of the disappearance staying with neighbors

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1ZvPzisbv

**conflicting reports…unless the Grandparents are being referred to as “neighbors”

NBC Action News reporter Sloane Heller reports Lisa’s grandparents are watching the couple’s other children and have not been able to reach them since earlier Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/police-ruling-nothing-out-in-search-for-lisa-irwin#ixzz1ZvXO4Yxz

Next news conference sometime this afternoon.

2:00 news conference—Jeremy spoke with Deborah (Bradley?) by his side. Begged for baby to be dropped off somewhere safe. The brothers are waiting to see their sister. Declined to take questions.

Again, Capt. Has no leads, not ruling out anything. 300 knocks and searches. 46 tips. No ransom note. Family is free to go where they would like. Family does not want to be at house.

**Alleged sighting of Lisa with a middle aged white male and female at a Love’s gas station in St. Joseph, MO I-29 and US HWY 169. Driving older model SUV. Article came out around 5:15 p.m. Surveillance video has been turned over to LE. Police say it doesn’t seem to be a major lead.

Thursday October 6, 2011

picture.php

LindsayShively Lindsay Shively
NEW pic of #LisaIrwin from parents Jeremy Irwin & Deborah Bradley twitpic.com/6vmgfs
16 hours ago

To walk through the house with baby in arm and lights in house on then stop and grab cell phones , and if they were charging unplug them then unlock the front door and walk out.....

all the time at least 3 people in the house were sleeping.....

:eek:

It's really strange why the cell phones were taken.
The obvious would be to prevent 911 from being called, but that would mean the perp(s) knew there was no land line.
The perp(s) may call someone on the contact list for a ransom. But they don't appear to be rolling in money unless they have a wealthy relative?
Maybe they are listed on a contact list. but surely LE has looked in to that?

Dad could of had a company cell phone, and left his personal one at home. just a thought.

This totally reinforces why I will never give up my land line phone..even though it would save me a ton each month. Lots of people just use their cells, and I'm not judging, but God forbid if some sort of something knocked out all of the towers or satellites.

I will never give up my landline either, Shelby. I get teased mercilessly by my friends about it. :crazy:

Baby Lisa's Parents: Cellphones Were Missing After Abduction
Detectives To Discuss Where The Search Should Go Next
POSTED: 6:20 am CDT October 6, 2011
UPDATED: 6:53 am CDT October 6, 2011

Bradley and Lisa's father Jeremy Irwin also revealed that their cellphones were missing after Monday night's abduction.

"We ran around the house screaming for her, and I said, 'Call 911," Bradley said. "And the phones weren't on the counter where we left them." Bradley said three cellphones were taken, one of which was not working.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29404237/detail.html#ixzz1a0CbpHqo

This is what I am leaning toward now as well. In the window, walked through the house, saw the cell phones and grabbed them, then out the front door. That would make sense why the door was unlocked. They are saying that the window that was tampered with was a window that lead into an office type room-- I am pretty sure that's what they were saying. I thought initial reports were that it was Baby Lisa's bedroom? Also, the dad said there were lights on when he returned home.

The phones-- three were on the counter, which leads me to believe in the kitchen, one wasn't in working order but they are all gone. A landline was never mentioned, nor was the dad's cell phone. I would assume he had one actually on his person while working.

The lights were on? I hadn't heard that yet

Omg, this case is getting so weird!! To talk through the house (probably with a baby), steal phones, leave the lights on... how confident could this person get??! Wouldn't a baby start crying? Odd, odd, odd. I'm praying for you, Lisa.

Something doesn't sound right about all of this. Not that there is a "right" when dealing with the abduction of a child, but you know what I mean. Something just isn't sitting right with me about the details of all this. Can't put my finger on it...

I wonder if the abductor had called the mom on one of those cell phones and took them all to make sure they didn't have the phone number...

here was one of the posts about the cell phones.. it was a video.. but when I click on the link now it goes to a more recent video (I hate when they do that)

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7185559&postcount=83"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MO MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #1[/ame]

I will see if I can find anything else

eta: sorry... this is the correct video... but it won't play for me (I checked the date and time of the video and it is the right one LOL... I forgot what day it is LOL)

Baby Lisa's parents were just interviewed this morning. I saw it on KMBC but the video isn't yet up on their website. It was really difficult to watch-- the mother was, understandably, very emotional.

One new piece of information-- their phones were taken as well. The mother said, "So we couldn't call 911." She said there were, I believe, 3 cell phones on the counter that were missing as well.

I'm sorry, this cell phone thing is making me lean toward some involvement of a household member. What random intruder is going to go hunting for all of the cell phones when stealing a child from a house full of people? Sure, the phones may have happened to be on the counter , but how did the intruder know that there was no landline in the home? Did he check every room, including the master bedroom?

If someone stole all of the phones in my home in the middle of the night, my first though would be that they wanted my personal info, such as who I had been calling or texting, phone numbers of contacts, pictures saved on the phone, etc. This mom immediately thinks it was to prevent calling 911. It wouldn't take me 30 seconds to be out the door at the neighbor's house to use their phone if my child was missing!

MOO

Is the Parents Bedroom on the same floor as the kids? Anyone know?

To walk through the house with baby in arm and lights in house on then stop and grab cell phones , and if they were charging unplug them then unlock the front door and walk out.....

all the time at least 3 people in the house were sleeping.....

:eek:

I dont know! Is odd, but then i think back to polly klass, elizabeth smart, hayleigh, and jessica.. :furious: The perps entered their houses with people in them.

I don't know! Is odd, but then i think back to Polly Klaas, Elizabeth smart, Haleigh, and Jessica.. :furious: The perps entered their houses with people in them.

Thank you.....

And it is extremely frightening fact that it does happen....:cry: :banghead:

Was anything else of value gone? Could it have been a burglary gone wrong? If someone came in to steal cell phones and other stuff and the baby woke up in the middle and they panicked and did something to silence her, and grabbed her (or her body)?

I do not understand leaving the lights on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01