MO MO - Loy Evitts, 29, Kansas City, 28 Feb 1977

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I watched a YouTube video about this case few days ago. I recognize the building she worked at because a few years before I had looked up after I found both of these business ads by accident in the same 1975 local news paper. Creepy both of them had ads same day, area and paper. Never looked to see if any women were missing near address then but I notice that there was a missing man near the other ads address tho idk bout that probably coincidence.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240203-134104~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240203-134104~2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 19
I think it is very possible that you are still in a body of water or even one of the less traveled areas...I was looking and Kansas City has a surprising amount of overgrown wooded areas and small bodies of water even in the areas urban areas of the city. Brush Creek, right in the square where she worked, has claimed many victims and was never seen again... And southeast of the city center, she could have been placed in a vacant lot and easily remained undiscovered for 40 years... Vines and kudzu cover everything that is not normally landscaped in a very short time and can hide anything. I hope your case is resolved soon...
Poor her husband still waiting for answers...
either way
rest in peace

1725730525879.jpg
I wonder if LaRette had something to say about this. He confessed at least eight murders committed across Kansas, without naming locations, and another murder in Kansas City.
I'm not sure if LE were able to link these confessions to specific victims.
However, none of his victims seem to be missing, so this is pure speculation.
This case reminds me a lot to the disappearances of Mary Shotwell Little (1965 - Atlanta, Georgia) and Diane P. Licciardello (1971 - Chelsea, Massachusetts), although it's hard to believe they are connected.

The Trace Evidence Podcast on YouTube recently posted Loy's case. Something I never knew about her case that I found of interest was that sometime after her purse was discovered, police officers searched two abandoned houses on Bowlin Road, about 6 miles from where her purse was found. Evidently the police received a report that Loy's name was spray-painted on the garage wall of one of the houses. How odd and creepy.

Authorities also stated that young people would party at the abandoned houses so I'm assuming that's how they received the tip. With that knowledge, the spray paint could have also been from teens partying there that knew about her disappearance and were just messing around. The police found no trace of anything related to Loy when they searched the area.

I don't know where the houses were located but Bowlin Road has nothing but woods on both sides still to this day. I imagine in 1977 it was considered pretty remote.

***The source was from a newspaper article which is posted in the podcast.

Pardon me for butting in here; There are several links on this thread that are broken. I grew up in this area and know that it's a scary place for women, that's why I moved away in 1988. It might be easier to find the missing by looking at the people that have been caught and charged with similar crimes. I don't even know how to put this into words, sorry.

It's simply known and everyone accepts the fact that men who do this travel in a pair. My aunts who grew up in the 1930's talked about the "pairs of men that commit crimes" as a matter fact or area knowledge, like everyone knew that's how they operated. In a pair.
In 2017 I moved back to the area (Belton, MO) to work and spend a year with my dying father. I was in the grocery store parking lot at dusk, and was approach by two men asking me for $1.00. One man was knocking on my window on the passenger side while the other one was at my drivers door. I was 50 years old at the time, not 23. I told them to shove off and took off in my car. I called the manager of the grocery store and told him about the two men approaching me and he said "Yes that happens from time to time". He was seriously not concerned about it.
My point is, it's so common knowledge that these perps travel in 2 , no one thinks twice about it.

Does anyone have a good link to historical arrest records of Jackson County, MO? Also, Lafayette County just due east of there is big haven for hide-outs of criminals. Still...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77
Back