Physical Description
Date of Birth: circa 1929
Race: White
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 100-110 lbs.
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: "Sam"
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Appendectomy scar; Scar on extreme lower abdomen; Scars on chest from mastectomy; Fingernails curved over fingers (i.e. like "claws" or a beak).

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Marie did not take her vehicle when she left.

@lildynamo7 Some of the new information about Marie’s husband does look incriminating.

His attempts to fraudulently access money in accounts held jointly by Marie and himself. Had she simply disappeared, he would have had a way to legally access the funds.

Its also rare and unusual for a missing person to leave their home, leaving their car behind. I’ll have to listen again to hear which items she took with her. I recall only a single white Samsonite suitcase And a large amount of cash. Was her handbag and drivers license, credit cards,also missing? People who are running away to start a usually take those items.

How did her husband say she obtained the large amount of cash that she allegedly took with her?

LEs interest in her husband’s car is also note worthy, especially since he traded it in for a new one after Marie went missing.

was LE able to determine if either parent was involved in an extramarital relationship?

I hope these questions aren’t too personal. Thanks.

@lildynamo7 Some of the new information about Marie’s husband does look incriminating.

His attempts to fraudulently access money in accounts held jointly by Marie and himself. Had she simply disappeared, he would have had a way to legally access the funds.

Its also rare and unusual for a missing person to leave their home, leaving their car behind. I’ll have to listen again to hear which items she took with her. I recall only a single white Samsonite suitcase And a large amount of cash. Was her handbag and drivers license, credit cards,also missing? People who are running away to start a usually take those items.

How did her husband say she obtained the large amount of cash that she allegedly took with her?

LEs interest in her husband’s car is also note worthy, especially since he traded it in for a new one after Marie went missing.

was LE able to determine if either parent was involved in an extramarital relationship?

I hope these questions aren’t too personal. Thanks.
Hi Betty, she didn't take anything with her. Our father apparently lied about everything so we are pretty sure he had something to do with her disappearance. It's just weird and sad that we found out about this almost 30 years after our father's passing. We literally just got the files from the PD about 6-7 years ago. I for one am convinced that our father was single-handedly responsible for her ultimate demise. I am still upset that no one, no authority, no family members, did anything to help us. And why did we find out all this almost 40 years after the fact? Weird.

Thanks for this link. I’m glad her children decided to discuss her case through a podcast. Hopefully it will help them find justice for their mother. It must have been a terrible experience for them.
Well sadly our father's been gone for almost 30 years and almost everyone mentioned in the police files is deceased as well. I doubt we will get the justice that our mother (and her family) deserves.

Well sadly our father's been gone for almost 30 years and almost everyone mentioned in the police files is deceased as well. I doubt we will get the justice that our mother (and her family) deserves.

I'm so glad that you got some answers, at least. I agree, how could this happen and no grown ups questioned it? Perhaps your mom's family felt intimidated by your father. As for LE, it sounds like they were very suspicious, but perhaps the county prosecutor didn't think he could win the case. It's always difficult when there's no body. With today's investigative techniques, it would probably be much easier.

Very frustrating, but you always have our support here at WS.

That pic with the long blonde hair, really reminds me of the gal who worked at sams club here about ten years ago. By my best guess She would have been late 70’s early 80’s. Sweetest lady and she loved to talk. That store closed a number of years ago, so not sure if you could even check who she was somehow. No accent at all, but she acted very southern with her mannerisms and the way she talked. Is that part of Missouri considered southern? This is really going to eat at me

That pic with the long blonde hair, really reminds me of the gal who worked at sams club here about ten years ago. By my best guess She would have been late 70’s early 80’s. Sweetest lady and she loved to talk. That store closed a number of years ago, so not sure if you could even check who she was somehow. No accent at all, but she acted very southern with her mannerisms and the way she talked. Is that part of Missouri considered southern? This is really going to eat at me
@lildynamo7 will probably reply, but her mother is sadly presumed dead. There's a link up above of a podcast she participated in about her mother's disappearance. It explains it all pretty well.

@lildynamo7 will probably reply, but her mother is sadly presumed dead. There's a link up above of a podcast she participated in about her mother's disappearance. It explains it all pretty well.
Presumed dead does not mean she is dead. What I read said she was proclaimed dead for estate purposes, which makes sense. For me to remember a cashier that I used to talk to 10 years ago is pretty weird.

Presumed dead does not mean she is dead. What I read said she was proclaimed dead for estate purposes, which makes sense. For me to remember a cashier that I used to talk to 10 years ago is pretty weird.
I'd like to think if my mother were still alive, that she would have contacted someone in her extremely large family. She was one of 13 kids. My father has been dead since 12/93 so she would have been safe to contact someone after his passing. That's my opinion, at least.

I'd like to think if my mother were still alive, that she would have contacted someone in her extremely large family. She was one of 13 kids. My father has been dead since 12/93 so she would have been safe to contact someone after his passing. That's my opinion, at least.

Your mother has a strong champion in you, @lildynamo7 .

So sorry that you have no resolution to the mystery!

I agree with you. But who knows what really happened? Sorry if this offended you. But it really does look like the same person. Thought I’d throw it out there in case someone wants to check into it.

Parts of Missouri are indeed rather Southern.

Mrs. Mueller likely had gracious manners, whether or not she grew up in the St. Louis area. Do we know where she grew up, where she attended school(s,) lived prior to her (ill-fated imho) marriage?

jmho ymmv lrr

Parts of Missouri are indeed rather Southern.

Mrs. Mueller likely had gracious manners, whether or not she grew up in the St. Louis area. Do we know where she grew up, where she attended school(s,) lived prior to her (ill-fated imho) marriage?

jmho ymmv lrr
Marie grew up in a tiny town in Wisconsin, didn't move to STL until maybe early 1960 or so.

My Mom grew up in a tiny town in Wisconsin! And, was raised with impeccable manners.

Thanks, @lildynamo7 , for your response!

Women of that generation from small towns (including mine) prioritized good manners, being cheerful, etc. So many of them came from small town/rural areas to big city life and made a smooth transition. Amazing when you consider they came from simpler lives (my mom grew up on a farm) to working in an office, managing a good sized family, carpooling, managing household finances, secretary of the PTA, hosting parties, etc. They were an amazing generation who accomplished a lot.

Marie seemed like a kind and amazing woman. That's why many of us were interested in finding out what happened to her.

Subscribing with repost and a possibly silly question.. Would there be a waterway in the Missouri area that could bring a body into Lake Ontario?

3733DFMO - Marie Beulah Mueller​

3733DFMO.jpg
3733DFMO1.jpg
3733DFMO2.jpg
3733DFMO3.jpg

Name: Marie Beulah Mueller
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 5, 1972
Location Last Seen: Frontenac, St. Louis County, Missouri

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: December 26, 1928
Race: White
Height: 5'4" - 5'6"
Weight: 100 - 110 lbs
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Sam
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Fingernails curved over fingers (i.e. like "claws" or a beak); appendectomy scar; scars on chest from mastectomy

1705937613897.png

Last edited:
Bumping this up. Marie's daughter is interviewed in this podcast. She provides more information that she learned from LE that indicates what might have happened to her mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back