MO MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Boonville, 13 Dec 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are two GH videos. One is 2 hours and 7 minutes long. The other is 2 hours and 25 minutes long. I just checked and was able to access both videos.
But the video in question is the 55 minute one that had the interview with one of Melissa's friends. That one is no longer available. There is a link to it earlier in this thread and replies to that post that also had the link within. Any of those links come up with the message that the video is no longer available.

Post #13 in this thread had the link to the interview with Melissa's anonymous friend.
MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Bonnville, 13 December 2018MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Bonnville, 13 December 2018

Well, this case is going to be interesting given that where she was shot in relation to where she lived is at least 475 miles (over 7 hours) by car. Her husband says he is a POI, per media reports. So, how does he pull this off? Not easily, that is for sure.

At that distance you are near the range limits, if not over, where it would have been necessary to stop for fuel, bathroom, eat, etc.

How would one be able to follow someone for that kind of distance and not end up creating some distance between vehicles or not be noticed as the same vehicle behind you hour after hour like that? Was there more than one opportunity over that distance to attempt a shot but there was other traffic around (you would have to get close enough to see before the attempt)? Or did it not matter and that just so happened to be where the vehicles caught up to each other?

At any rate, some things I would like to know are: Did she talk with anyone on the phone while driving or at any stop along the way? Who knew of her plans ahead of time? Who knew that was coming? Did she take money out of the bank? Had she already set up a different account? It does cost money if you are going to travel from South Dakota to North Carolina, especially when traveling with kids.

Someone had to have some idea of what was going on. She had to have taken the kids out of school since it wasn't time for the Xmas break yet. It was said in the GH interview that she resigned from her job that same day. So, what was the plan? Was she planning on returning to South Dakota or not?

Records I have found show that her, her husband, and her mother share the same address in Hartford. Naturally, I wonder what her mother knew about what was going on.
You pose great questions.

But the video in question is the 55 minute one that had the interview with one of Melissa's friends. That one is no longer available. There is a link to it earlier in this thread and replies to that post that also had the link within. Any of those links come up with the message that the video is no longer available.

Post #13 in this thread had the link to the interview with Melissa's anonymous friend.
MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Bonnville, 13 December 2018MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Bonnville, 13 December 2018

Maybe GH was asked to pull the video.

@bestill made me think back to the obituary. She was from Hawarden, Iowa. Her father passed away in 2005 and is buried in Grace Hill Cemetery, in Hawarden, Iowa. There is to be a memorial service in Hawarden, Iowa at a later date. Her funeral is to be in Sioux Falls, SD. It does not say where she is to be buried. I usually think that a body is present for a funeral, and there is no body for a memorial service. Is this true? Do you think that the husband may have taken possession of her corpse and overriden the wishes of her family? Many people have their funeral in their hometown and in the town of their family. Some I know have had a funeral at the place where they currently lived and then they were transported to the family cemetery...in this case, Grace Hill Cemetery, Hawarden, Iowa. Many people do choose to be buried where their spouse wants to be buried. Was the husband from Sioux Falls? The question is whether the couple was having trouble, and he chose to keep her body away from the family that loved her. Since it doesn't mention where she will be buried, does this mean she is being cremated? Here is her father's gravesite with Melissa's name on it. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/126580975/charles-a-renken

@bestill made me think back to the obituary. She was from Hawarden, Iowa. Her father passed away in 2005 and is buried in Grace Hill Cemetery, in Hawarden, Iowa. There is to be a memorial service in Hawarden, Iowa at a later date. Her funeral is to be in Sioux Falls, SD. It does not say where she is to be buried. I usually think that a body is present for a funeral, and there is no body for a memorial service. Is this true? Do you think that the husband may have taken possession of her corpse and overriden the wishes of her family? Many people have their funeral in their hometown and in the town of their family. Some I know have had a funeral at the place where they currently lived and then they were transported to the family cemetery...in this case, Grace Hill Cemetery, Hawarden, Iowa. Many people do choose to be buried where their spouse wants to be buried. Was the husband from Sioux Falls? The question is whether the couple was having trouble, and he chose to keep her body away from the family that loved her. Since it doesn't mention where she will be buried, does this mean she is being cremated? Here is her father's gravesite with Melissa's name on it. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/126580975/charles-a-renken
I think much depends on how easy it is to dig a grave in the winter in South Dakota/Western Iowa as to whether she would be buried now or later. I don't think there is anything in the arrangements stated in the obituary that are out of the ordinary. I would think that she would be buried close to where her own children live unless there were already cemetery plots purchased elsewhere and in that situation that would be where she would be interred. Burying her in Hawarden, for example, would have her over 60 miles away from where her children are living.

Last edited:
I haven't rented one either, but I'm sure a driver's license would be required. So they would probably make a photocopy of it. The records would be available to LE with a subpoena, at worst, and with a simple request -- at best -- but I don't think that flies anymore. Probably a search warrant would be required. I just don't know.

Couldn't a friend, rent a car, allow the husband to use friend's car or rented car?
You would think MP would have noticed the same car following.
Perhaps 2 cars were used to follow, or only followed a short distance, as car had been waiting at a known area.
MOO.

I forgot about frozen ground. Not something to contend with in the Deep South.

He said he made it private due to someone who called in and then there were a bunch of crazy comments. I missed that part of it. I just heard the friend part.

Couldn't a friend, rent a car, allow the husband to use friend's car or rented car?
You would think MP would have noticed the same car following.
Perhaps 2 cars were used to follow, or only followed a short distance, as car had been waiting at a known area.
MOO.

Not unless she thought that would be a possibility. If he had followed her before, she really wouldn't think about that, would she? I don't think I would. I sometimes watch "what" cars are behind me when I'm driving. You know, looking for "fast" cars coming up, changing lanes, acting crazy!! LOL!

As everyone has said - not much to go on & no updates lately. At least I couldn't find any.

Not unless she thought that would be a possibility. If he had followed her before, she really wouldn't think about that, would she? I don't think I would. I sometimes watch "what" cars are behind me when I'm driving. You know, looking for "fast" cars coming up, changing lanes, acting crazy!! LOL!

As everyone has said - not much to go on & no updates lately. At least I couldn't find any.

BUT if he had a tracking device somewhere on her/ the car/ in the kids' backpacks - he would not NEED to follow within visual range until the very end, right? He could lay several miles back and wait for the right place and time.

BUT if he had a tracking device somewhere on her/ the car/ in the kids' backpacks - he would not NEED to follow within visual range until the very end, right? He could lay several miles back and wait for the right place and time.

Quite true! Do we "know" that he did this - GPS tracking? or just throwing ideas around?

I haven't rented one either, but I'm sure a driver's license would be required. So they would probably make a photocopy of it. The records would be available to LE with a subpoena, at worst, and with a simple request -- at best -- but I don't think that flies anymore. Probably a search warrant would be required. I just don't know.
We regularly rent cars at my work and yes, a drivers license and a credit card with the driver’s name on it are required.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153
Back