GUILTY MO - Mengqi Elledge, 28, found deceased, Columbia, 9 Oct 2019 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While I’m wishing it would be her for her family’s sake and closure, the body was found within the populated part of the city
There’s a recreation area at the location with trails, a nature area, and a creek. On his drive through mid-Missouri, stopping at various recreation areas, this would have been on his way home from the last leg of the journey.

Missing person support group raises money for Mengqi Ji search

COLUMBIA— A campaign organized by the Missing Person Support Center (MPSC) has raised more than $17,000 in just over a week for a new search for Mengqi Ji.

The MPSC worked with local law enforcement to create a plan that is feasible both logistically and financially. The money is going toward building a levy on the Lamine River to make it safe for divers to retrieve Mengqi Ji.

Missing person support group raises money for Mengqi Ji search

COLUMBIA— A campaign organized by the Missing Person Support Center (MPSC) has raised more than $17,000 in just over a week for a new search for Mengqi Ji.

The MPSC worked with local law enforcement to create a plan that is feasible both logistically and financially. The money is going toward building a levy on the Lamine River to make it safe for divers to retrieve Mengqi Ji.
I'm so pleased at the amount they were able to raise, I hope they reach their goal. Searching for your murdered daughter to be able to bury her should never be about money, but I understand the flip side of the coin too.

Last edited:
A levee planned as part of the search!!!

CPD plans to build a levee to help find Mengqi Ji

LE must be fairly certain of the location of her remains to plan this!

"We have a professional, ethical and moral obligation to find Mengqi Ji," Jones said in the release. "She can no longer speak for herself, and there is a man charged with murder, so our efforts will have a profound impact on the lives of many."

Husband of missing Columbia woman speaks on her disappearance

Here’s a video where the husband speaks. I know everyone deals with grief differently, but I get an eerie vibe from his body language.

So guilty in this video. I have studied the mannerisms, body language etc. of liars for years (came in handy in previous line of work) and without a doubt he is lying through this video. Simple key give a ways, listen to the words said right at the moment his right eyebrow jumps. He is lying.
I know I am late to this with this post... just had to point out that liars give away certain things they have no control over. He sure does seem immature and young and everything else said... because he IS all of those things. He is also a liar and murderer.

IMO

So guilty in this video. I have studied the mannerisms, body language etc. of liars for years (came in handy in previous line of work) and without a doubt he is lying through this video. Simple key give a ways, listen to the words said right at the moment his right eyebrow jumps. He is lying.
I know I am late to this with this post... just had to point out that liars give away certain things they have no control over. He sure does seem immature and young and everything else said... because he IS all of those things. He is also a liar and murderer.

IMO

Welcome to Websleuths, @WeAreWatching !

This is the impression some of us have from watching Josh Powell in front of a camera.

Keep the baby away from Joe Elledge, please.

And his mother for good measure, yep.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Welcome to Websleuths, @WeAreWatching !

This is the impression some of us have from watching Josh Powell in front of a camera.

Keep the baby away from Joe Elledge, please.

And his mother for good measure, yep.

JMHO YMMV LRR
Thank you! Have been reading/following here for a few months... Love that there is a site like this. The minds of monsters need to be dissected and it appears you all do that very well here.

EXCLUSIVE: CPD believes Mengqi Ji is entangled in log jam, plans to use net
COLUMBIA - Documents show the Columbia Police Department believe Mengqi Ji is entangled in a log jam between the southern road bridge pier and the south bank of the Lamine River near the State Route 41 road bridge.
@heuristicsdepartment Thx for link. :) Good find.
If her remains have been in river since early October, that's six months. I wonder how much the autopsy report (if/whenremains are found), will show re CoD and MoD.
Sad, sad, sad.

Leslie Taylor
May 5, 2020 Updated 2 hrs ago
UPDATE: (May 5, 2020/8:51 a.m.) The Missouri Department of Conservation announced that the De Bourgmont Access on the Lamine River is temporarily closed, starting today, to allow the Columbia PD and partner agencies to build a temporary levee on the river.

[SBM]“ (BBM)
17DE0589-43A2-44AE-8983-3ABCB3BF2AA9.png
UDPATE: Columbia PD outlines plan to find missing woman

Posted on 4 May 2020 at 2:04pm
“[SBM]

The hearing in the abuse case is set for June 8. Child abuse charges against [Joseph] Elledge include abuse or neglect of a child, endangering the welfare of a child and third degree domestic assault.

Boone County Prosecutor Dan Knight and Elledge's defense attorney John P. O'Connor both agreed on the hearing's date.

Elledge is also being charged with first degree murder of his wife, Mengqi Ji. His lawyer for the murder charge is Scott Rosenblum, a lawyer out of St. Louis.“
Hearing date set in Joseph Elledge child abuse case

I just read this (the bolded below) in an article about the construction of the levee. I must have missed it before ...:
Posted May 5, 2020 at 5:32 PM
“COOPER COUNTY — The De Bourgmont Access to the Lamine River is closed while authorities construct a levee to aid in the search for Mengqi Ji, the Columbia woman missing and feared dead.

[SBM]

That area is the southeast pier of the Highway 49 bridge. The pier is encompassed by flood debris such as logs and wood which extends to the bottom of the river, in some areas more than 12 feet deep. The debris combined with the river's murky waters have hampered search efforts thus far.

Search efforts have focused on that area after search dogs alerted there. The access itself was allegedly visited by Ji's husband, Joseph Elledge, who is charged with first-degree murder in her death. He drove to several locations in the 36 hours before he filed a missing persons report, but admitted to being at all but the De Bourgmont Access, according to Columbia police affidavits.

[SBM]” (BBM)
551AA3D4-ADD1-4BE3-90D5-F74D8178C2FC.jpeg 902B6306-6357-45C7-BD7B-CF56434A566F.jpeg
Lamine River access closed for missing woman search

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dane_Fall
Back