Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything Preventing Nelson's Return to Old Ways?
It's unbelievable to me that he was allowed to re-start his evil ways once he was released from prison and no one seems to have done anything about it. IMO.
?mysterian? :) Thanks for your post.
Allowed to re-start? What would prevent it? After his release from prison, AFAIK, practically speaking there was little or nothing to hinder Nelson's resuming his criminally fraudulent practices in the cattle business. (jmo, could be wrong)

Hey, @inmyhumbleopinion: Thank you very much for informative doc's attached.

inmyhumbleopinion post #896 attaches several documents re Nelson conviction including "Supervised Release" with 13 "Standard Conditions of Supervision" and 3 "Special Conditions of Supervision." Take time to read it and the other doc's attached. Basically they depend on the "honor system," that is Nelson voluntarily complying w the conditions. Or maybe I'm reading/interp'ing incorrectly.

Per doc., Probation Officer may make inspections, may search his person, his home, vehicle, computer, papers, etc. May, may, may.

How much time does a ProbOffcr have to supervise any one person on SupRel? How far is PO's place of work from the farm? Are in-person, on-site inspections even feasible?

Did Nelson's PO visit the farm? How often? Did PO review written agreements that Nelson entered w the Diemels, David Foster, or anyone? Did he see cattle? Can we expect a PO to be familiar w ag/farm/ranching practices, to inspect cattle? PO might see malnourished calves, but what could PO see that would signal to him that Nelson was not complying w terms of release? IDK.

Was Nelson engaging in any ag/farm/ranching business that required licensure or regular inspections by fed or Mo. Dept of Ag? If not, then those agencies would not keep him from his old ways.

Was his mother obligated to keep him on the 'straight and narrow?' Did she have any concern about his actions putting her farm and/or property in jeopardy? Was she a party to any agreements Nelson entered? Some posters point fingers in her direction as an accessory/aider/abettor before or after the fact. Ultimately is she responsible for his crimes in deaths of the Diemels?

Though we hope a person's conscience, moral compass, and criminal laws curb illegal inclinations, they did not stop Nelson the first time around. Sadly for the unwary he dealt with and preyed on, they (apparently) did not stop him after he was released.
^jmo^

Not defending Nelson in any way, shape, or form. From info in thread & MSM, he is a low-down, despicable, horrible, detestable, awful, horrible excuse for a human being and deserves any and every penalty, punishment, and sentence that he receives, imo. And probably more, moo. But safeguards some think/hope prevent felons from repeating their crimes are not in place or are ineffective, imo. What to do? IDK.

It's unbelievable to me that he was allowed to re-start his evil ways once he was released from prison and no one seems to have done anything about it. IMO.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" and keep the hold on your son who is on probation for major financial fraud so close that you know when he buys a candy bar.

Supervised release for a term of 3 years. Special conditions of supervision:
Not incur new credit charges or open additional lines of credit without the approval of the probation officer.

This whole situation is so senseless and needless. If he would have followed his probation requirements, got a job with a paycheck every two weeks instead of going back to his old ways we would not be here now.

Anything Preventing Nelson's Return to Old Ways?

?mysterian? :) Thanks for your post.
Allowed to re-start? What would prevent it? After his release from prison, AFAIK, practically speaking there was little or nothing to hinder Nelson's resuming his criminally fraudulent practices in the cattle business. (jmo, could be wrong)

Hey, @inmyhumbleopinion: Thank you very much for informative doc's attached.

inmyhumbleopinion post #896 attaches several documents re Nelson conviction including "Supervised Release" with 13 "Standard Conditions of Supervision" and 3 "Special Conditions of Supervision." Take time to read it and the other doc's attached. Basically they depend on the "honor system," that is Nelson voluntarily complying w the conditions. Or maybe I'm reading/interp'ing incorrectly.

Per doc., Probation Officer may make inspections, may search his person, his home, vehicle, computer, papers, etc. May, may, may.

How much time does a ProbOffcr have to supervise any one person on SupRel? How far is PO's place of work from the farm? Are in-person, on-site inspections even feasible?

Did Nelson's PO visit the farm? How often? Did PO review written agreements that Nelson entered w the Diemels, David Foster, or anyone? Did he see cattle? Can we expect a PO to be familiar w ag/farm/ranching practices, to inspect cattle? PO might see malnourished calves, but what could PO see that would signal to him that Nelson was not complying w terms of release? IDK.

Was Nelson engaging in any ag/farm/ranching business that required licensure or regular inspections by fed or Mo. Dept of Ag? If not, then those agencies would not keep him from his old ways.

Was his mother obligated to keep him on the 'straight and narrow?' Did she have any concern about his actions putting her farm and/or property in jeopardy? Was she a party to any agreements Nelson entered? Some posters point fingers in her direction as an accessory/aider/abettor before or after the fact. Ultimately is she responsible for his crimes in deaths of the Diemels?

Though we hope a person's conscience, moral compass, and criminal laws curb illegal inclinations, they did not stop Nelson the first time around. Sadly for the unwary he dealt with and preyed on, they (apparently) did not stop him after he was released.
^jmo^

Not defending Nelson in any way, shape, or form. From info in thread & MSM, he is a low-down, despicable, horrible, detestable, awful, horrible excuse for a human being and deserves any and every penalty, punishment, and sentence that he receives, imo. And probably more, moo. But safeguards some think/hope prevent felons from repeating their crimes are not in place or are ineffective, imo. What to do? IDK.

Thanks for your reply. I've read the documents @inmyhumbleopinion has posted. I've seen his interview after his release from incarceration. I've kept up with this case. That's why I'm so disturbed. It's unbelievable to me that with all these govt agencies and their investigators/inspectors involved in this case before the brothers' disappeared, that it got to this point where once again he's got emaciated, underweight, sick calves on his farm and nothing's seemingly done about it. IMO

Local WI TV station reported tonight that the authorities were trying to transfer JN to the county where the death investigation was happening.
I believe the station is wrong, since he is being held in Caldwell county detention center and that is where he is charged. The crime scene is in Caldwell county also. Only other county involved is Clinton which is where the truck was found. Caldwell has a much more modern and secure facility as they house federal inmates also. Wouldn't know another reason why they would transfer him?

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" and keep the hold on your son who is on probation for major financial fraud so close that you know when he buys a candy bar.

Supervised release for a term of 3 years. Special conditions of supervision:
Not incur new credit charges or open additional lines of credit without the approval of the probation officer.

This whole situation is so senseless and needless. If he would have followed his probation requirements, got a job with a paycheck every two weeks instead of going back to his old ways we would not be here now.

S#*!, they probably shared the candy bar. ;)

Based on mom's comments to the media, I think at the very least she is willfully obtuse about her son. IMO.

ETA: edited to rephrase

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I've read the documents @inmyhumbleopinion has posted. I've seen his interview after his release from incarceration. I've kept up with this case. That's why I'm so disturbed. It's unbelievable to me that with all these govt agencies and their investigators/inspectors involved in this case before the brothers' disappeared, that it got to this point where once again he's got emaciated, underweight, sick calves on his farm and nothing's seemingly done about it. IMO

It is pretty disgusting. The guy was on probation! JMO but doubtful anyone who had dealings with him on a personal basis or business deal would have dreamed he would resort to murder. It was up to authorities to monitor him after his release from prison. If another person was complicit in his shady and criminal actions that is a different story. I really hope the families of the murdered men will pursue 'the rest of the story' if there is one to be told. MOO.

WBAY TV-2
Farmer's chilling story sheds light on man arrested in Diemel case

More at link
Bbm
“‘Basically, I cut off all ties with Joey, I think it was May 16th, is the last text that I sent him, of this year, we had done business since May 11th, of 2018,’ says Foster. ‘That was the first contract that he signed here at my farm, in Kansas, to do some business together.’” (BBM)

That’s 43 days after he was released from federal prison ... :eek:.

33488CB4-BBB5-4626-AA84-2865630E0E00.png
BOP: Federal Inmates By Name

Aug. 1, 2019
"Due to this being a high-profile case, we just felt that for security reasons, for the security of him and the security of the courthouse staff, that it was best to just do this by video instead of in person," Kopek [prosecutor] said."

I bet there was security issues!

Curious about today's hearing.

Hearing continued for man connected to missing brothers

Aug. 1, 2019
"Due to this being a high-profile case, we just felt that for security reasons, for the security of him and the security of the courthouse staff, that it was best to just do this by video instead of in person," Kopek [prosecutor] said."

I bet there was security issues!

Curious about today's hearing.

Hearing continued for man connected to missing brothers

“08/08/2019
Setting - Prelim Hrg Scheduled
Scheduled For: 08/15/2019; 10:00 AM ; JASON ALFRED KANOY; Caldwell

Hearing Held
State appears by PA Brady Kopek.

Defendant appears in person via polycom in custody and by attorney Ryan Williams.

Upon motion of defendant
, cause is continued to 8/15/19 at 1`0:00 for P/H [preliminary hearing] setting/waiver [waiving a preliminary hearing] JK/cm

Scheduled For: 08/08/2019; 10:00 AM ;
JASON ALFRED KANOY [Associate Circuit Judge, Caldwell County; Judicial Circuit 43 (which covers of Caldwell, Clinton, Daviess, DeKalb and Livingston Counties)]” (BBM)
https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name

https://www.courts.mo.gov/Case.Net/...6474005327c8/c8d0ddf75c58dba3862568a200713459

Updated docket report:
D5954133-8FCC-4C48-A4FD-F15B412FE257.jpeg

Nelson now has a public defender representing him.
9B02C6E5-180B-43FC-9962-4D743DDCC89F.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug. 8, 2019
“[SBM]

David Foster, a Kansas dairy farmer, told The Kansas City Star Wednesday that he bought 131 calves from Nelson in November. Nelson was to raise the calves and the farmers would split the cost after the animals were sold. One hundred of the calves belonged to the Diemel brothers, Foster said.

Nelson's mother, Tomme Feil, said her son and the family cared for the calves. The animals became ill shortly after arriving at the farm, which Feil blamed on bad winter and weakened immune systems. She said many died despite receiving extensive medication, feed and advice from veterinarians.

It wasn't like we enjoyed watching calves die,’ she said. ‘We didn't. We were doing everything possible to keep them alive.’

Feil said her son returned the remaining calves when Foster's bank claimed them as collateral.

[SBM]

Foster said Nelson owes him more than $151,000. Feil agreed that Nelson owed Foster money but disputed the amount. She said several people owe her son money and he planned to pay Foster back when others paid their debts to him.

Feil said law enforcement authorities have seized paperwork relevant to her son's business dealings. Foster declined to provide documentation of the deal with Nelson, saying law enforcement had advised him not to so as not to interfere with the investigation.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Man Details Cattle Deal Involving Missing Wisconsin Brothers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads