MO - Off-duty firefighter stops man armed w/ 100 rounds of ammo at S Springfield Walmart, 8 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardenista

Reaction score
Off-duty firefighter stops man armed with 100 rounds of ammunition at south Springfield Walmart

The Springfield Police Department arrived on scene within three minutes of the call. Police stated that a young white male, appearing to be in his twenties, pulled up to the Walmart, where he donned body armor and military fatigues. Police say the man had tactical weapons.

Police then say the man walked into the Walmart: Neighborhood Market where he grabbed a cart and began pushing it around the store. Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone.

Holy crap. What an idiot!!!
Springfield, MO Police Dept Facebook post a few minutes ago:
(Link at end, lots of comments)
SPD Arrests Armed Man in Southwest Springfield

At approximately 4:10 p.m. Springfield Police Officers were dispatched to 3150 W. Republic Rd. to a Walmart Neighborhood Market. An armed white male in his twenties was detained by an armed off-duty fireman until officers arrived on scene and took the suspect into custody. No injuries were reported and no shots were fired. At this time, the investigation is on-going and we are working to determine his motives.

Any person that was present during this incident and did not speak to a police officer, please contact the Springfield Police Department to file a report and provide further information at (417) 864-1810.

Case number: 19-30323

Media Contact: Jasmine Bailey, Public Affairs Officer
417-864-1786
JNBailey@springfieldmo.gov
Release authorized by Lt. Culley Wilson
Springfield, MO Police Department

At approximately 4:10 p.m. Springfield Police Officers were dispatched to 3150 W. Republic Rd. to a Walmart Neighborhood Market. An armed white male in his twenties was detained by an armed off-duty fireman until officers arrived on scene and took the suspect into custody. No injuries were reported and no shots were fired. At this time, the investigation is on-going and we are working to determine his motives.

Any person that was present during this incident and did not speak to a police officer, please contact the Springfield Police Department to file a report and provide further information at (417) 864-1810.

417-864-1786

Comments are interesting. I guess if MO has open carry he may not be charged.

417-864-1786
The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that this was so convenient...a guy with a gun stopping a mass murder right after we had three mass murders where no one could stop them...

But seriously, how stupid was this guy? Did he just do it on a dare? What can he actually be charged with?

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that this was so convenient...a guy with a gun stopping a mass murder right after we had three mass murders where no one could stop them...

But seriously, how stupid was this guy? Did he just do it on a dare? What can he actually be charged with?
I’m wondering too ‘inciting a riot or causing public panic’ something like that. Not sure what if anything he would get other than probation. If he tries to sue because he was held at gunpoint by a well meaning citizen, the court of public opinion will crucify him. Then if he does get some jail time, his scrawny punk @$$ will get a well deserved beating by his cell mate. I’m hoping they find something in his computer or social media accounts that prove he needs mental help. In my opinion, he is overdue for some.

Open Carrying in Missouri
Last updated October 9, 2018.

No statutes in Missouri specifically prohibit the open carrying of firearms, and it specifically authorizes any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement, and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense. No person may exhibit any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner in the presence of one or more persons.

Open Carrying in Missouri | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Jennifer Griswold on Twitter

From @kytv: The store manager at the Neighborhood Market pulled a fire alarm, urging people to escape the store. Police say the man then made his way out an emergency exit where a firefighter held the man at gunpoint.

Thank you for bringing this story to light.

While many heroic legally armed citizens are saving lives it rarely makes MSM national news.

I see this same type of heroism done often by other legally armed citizens because I search for local news articles across the country in all states instead of seeking out MSM national news sites where they are rarely ever mentioned.

I cant recall the state at the moment, but just in the last few days I read about another armed citizen who stopped three armed robbers in a convenient store. All three criminals were heavily armed, but it did not stop the good citizen from doing what he knew was right, and what had to be done to protect everyone inside.

Thank goodness this armed citizen stopped this horrid individual in his tracks too, and saved many lives.

I feel much more protected no matter where I go out publically if I see armed police officers there or an armed citizen carrying their weapon on their side. I try to stay away from any business that advertises they are a gun free zone.

Again thank you for linking this heroic story. All legally armed citizens who have stepped up to the plate, and saved lives deserves full recognition.

These are the individuals who did not have to become involved putting their own lives in jeopardy.

They all do it because they know it is the right thing to do in order to protect others.

Jmho

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/SGFPolice/status/1159824611737067521

On Aug. 8 Springfield Police Officers arrested Dmitriy N. Andreychenko (09/29/98) for 1st degree making a terrorist threat. Once formal charges are filed, more info will be released. Thank you to the media & our community for your patience as this investigation continues.

Kudos to the manager who pulled the fire alarm. If armed guy was in a kill zone in his head, that alarm may have snapped him back to reality. As mentioned up thread, I hope LE have warrants for all his electronics, social media, etc...
I agree. Pulling the fire alarm was smart, gets attention, moves people, and doesn't require a gun.

But....what a weird story. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this does seem like the guy wanted to prove a point about the safety/legality of being about to walk around with a gun - like, look at me walking around armed in a store and not shooting.

Or, was he intending to shoot?

Whatever the case, glad he was stopped. He could cause panic, stampede, heart attacks, etc. if he wasn't intending to shoot. And he if was intending, well, disaster was averted.

Brace ourselves - I think we're in for more jittery days in the aftermath of the recent mass shootings. I hope time will be kind to us all.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back