MO MO - Phoenix Coldon, 23, St. Louis County, 18 Dec 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I finally listened to one of the podcasts. I can't remember the name of it. But it's two gentlemen and they had a very long interview with her mother.
Now I'm going to say her mother is a very good public speaker. When she talks you listen. But I also can see some fakeness in her. Don't know why it's stuck out to me but when she was talking about Phoenix going to college she said the name of the the college and said

"Yes, she would be going there, excuse me she will be attending there.

And I don't know why that struck me as odd. She's very deliberate in her words but as intimidated as I felt just listening to it I can only imagine what Phoenix went through in real life. I now have no doubt she ran away. I don't know where she is now but I think she ran away.

I finally listened to one of the podcasts. I can't remember the name of it. But it's two gentlemen and they had a very long interview with her mother.
Now I'm going to say her mother is a very good public speaker. When she talks you listen. But I also can see some fakeness in her. Don't know why it's stuck out to me but when she was talking about Phoenix going to college she said the name of the the college and said

"Yes, she would be going there, excuse me she will be attending there.

And I don't know why that struck me as odd. She's very deliberate in her words but as intimidated as I felt just listening to it I can only imagine what Phoenix went through in real life. I now have no doubt she ran away. I don't know where she is now but I think she ran away.
I 100% agree with you. They home schooled her. Tried to keep her away from people that they thought they were better then. She escaped by going to college, and then she had to go home at age 23. It really struck me when the mother said something about "Living in the suburbs'. I found her to be extremely elitist. I think Phoenix wanted no part of that and is off leading a new life. I dont think we truly know the extent to which her parents were trying to control her. There are things the mother especially hasn't revealed. Ashe may be off in Hawaii, living her best life...FREE!

I think she is out there. She has been on my mind lately. So I went down the podcast etc. Rabbithole again. The missing birth certificate with her original name, the money or bonds that went missing and the possible sightings.
I believe that her mother has with held info she believes is unrelated to the investigation---and she very well may be correct. However, law enforcement who are experienced and trained in this are the only ones to make that decision. Hey--let the Detectives say---yeah I don't need to know all about that but thank you. If it is something unrelated mom does not want in the press she can come to some legal agreement with them as far as releasing it or even putting it in the reports and notes.
As for mom I do think she is an elitist and that as Phoenix' mother she knows her best and has the ultimate knowledge on what is and is not pertinent to the case. Phoenix hid not only phones and boyfriends from her parents but she skipped an entire semester of college unbeknownst to them----a semester that her parents paid for.
I also believe that all of those secrets--phone, boyfriends etc--coming out and being on display for the world to see has wounded Mom's pride a bit. Which is a normal and legitimate response. I think someone with vast law enforcement and legal knowledge needs to sit them down and basically workshop with them how this all works--in relation to state and local laws. Kindly.
But seriously--looking over this case again--I believe mom knows Phoenix left, and why and that she is out there...somewhere.

This is a perplexing case. I'm really 60/40 between foul play and a voluntary disappearance.

I'm not sure whether she was the one who left her vehicle where it was found. Someone else might have found it abandoned and used it until it ran out of gas. (The way it was left reminds me of cars that are used for drug rentals—when someone lends out a car to a dealer in order to pay for drugs.)

Foul play could mean 1) that she was murdered, 2) that she was trafficked, or 3) that she died accidentally (from an overdose, for instance) and that the death was concealed.

Unless she committed suicide by jumping into the river and simply wasn't found, then someone knows what happened to her. I would include suicide in the voluntary disappearance category, but I view it as unlikely.

If someone held my feet to the fire and made me pick a theory, I guess I'd say that the guy from the cell phone store killed her.

Last edited:
Watching her show now. I can see the varying possibilities:
1) cellphone Mike killed her, or someone else did
2) she was sex trafficked
3) she Gone girled it and started new life
4) suicide

And if someone held my feet to the fire (like Ozoner above), I would pick suicide. That selfie video really made me feel suicide. But she didn't want her very religious parents to deal with her taking her own life so she set it up to look like she was kidnapped and may be out there someone. But, sadly, I think she killed herself in such a way as to conceal her body.

Lamima, I was watching the show today also. I am starting to lean more to the Gone Girl theory. The way the mom insulted the first officer on the scene about what kind of family he must be from. How suffocating at age 23.

Lamima, I was watching the show today also. I am starting to lean more to the Gone Girl theory. The way the mom insulted the first officer on the scene about what kind of family he must be from. How suffocating at age 23.
PArtly why I feel suicide.

If it was suicide--which I am not discounting---where is her body? I know sometimes bodies go undiscovered--well forever. But that is only sometimes.
I am also more inclined to believe the Gone Girl theory. The "theft" of the original birth certificate as well as the money/bonds--tell a different story. As well as the sighting in the airplane, and the body language of her best friend during her interview on the Oxygen special. She knows much more than she is letting on.
As for the Mike boyfriend that lawyered up--I do not blame him at all--not in the least. I don't think either Mike did anything. I work in prison reentry and activism to end Mass Incarceration. So nope--do not blame him in the very least.
I also have thoughts on the Alaska find. I think that this holds some key to where Pheonix traveled to/through at some point.

Just saw the story of Phoenix Coldon on Oxygen---I believe she took off------
However I see her as depressed and unstable-- based on that selfie video---
I hate to say this but I feel she met up with unsavory people and is no longer
With us. I hope I am wrong

DEC 5, 2022

Phoenix Coldon

phoenix_coldon.jpg

College junior Phoenix Coldon was last seen on December 18, 2011, pulling out of the driveway of her family's home in Spanish Lake, Missouri. About three hours later, the 23-year-old’s car was found abandoned in East St. Louis, about a 25-minute drive from her home. Phoenix's mother, Goldia Coldon, continues to do everything she can to search for her daughter, including posting to social media and rallying for coverage of Phoenix's case. The family also runs the Facebook page 'Missing Phoenix Coldon Reeves.' In November, Dateline received an email from the St. Louis County Police Department’s Media Relations team, who confirmed that the case is still an “active and open investigation.” If you have any information regarding Phoenix’s case, please contact the St. Louis County Police Department at 636-529-8210. To remain anonymous, please contact CrimeStoppers at 1-866-371-TIPS (8477).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back