MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that Bassam confronting the cop with glasses? Whoever it was, they picked up on the fear too. I'm sure they all have some but do a better job of hiding it.

Do the police really have to stand there and listen to Bassem's insults? Why are they allowed to humiliate, badger, and curse at police? Is that free speech? Calling the police terrorists? geesh, calling him a mf'er is legal?

Is that who that is? The one who just told the police officer he's not an American?

I believe that's Bassem with the camera and mike, calling the cops women, scared mf'ers... this should NOT be legal!

Do the police really have to stand there and listen to Bassem's insults? Why are they allowed to humiliate, badger, and curse at police? Is that free speech? Calling the police terrorists? geesh, calling him a mf'er is legal?

Oh, I would imagine what he's been saying is protected free speech. Typically it's shot down or responded to. It seems worse than it is because the guys on the front line have been given orders not to respond or react in any way so as not to escalate matters. If ya just understand it's all just BS smack talk, it's not too hard to ignore. The guy is all bark and just ignore it.

Protesting is public speech. You can say whatever you want. You cannot, however, force someone to listen to what you have to say, and you do have to respect personal space. There is a line between protesting and harassment, and this guy is well past it. Maybe they're playing what VP Joe Biden calls "rope-a-dope." Let him go on, he can talk tough about justice and fairness when CNN comes to town, but let people see what he's really all about.

I believe that's Bassem with the camera and mike, calling the cops women, scared mf'ers... this should NOT be legal!

Meh, it's just words. These guys are doing a pretty good job ignoring him. I would be able to keep my mouth shut but there's no way I wouldn't be giving them looks like whatever MF'er right back.

Normally, it wouldn't be. I am sure that if any one of us rolled up on a local cop and got in their face and called them a scared, girly Mudderf--err, well.......:pillowfight: It would not be allowed. But once a huge group calls for civil unrest, then the LE has their hands tied by the DOJ, who are supportve of this BS.

He needs to be arrested for his outstanding warrants. That'll quiet him for a few.

Taunting LE and cussing at them ...should be against some kind of law! Them getting away with this is bad.

"You're the real terrorists," he says. "Hamas is real men. I support Hamas."

SMH.

Sorry guys I have to close this down for the night. You have 5 minutes.

Bassem sounds so frustrated that he can't get a rise out of any of these officers. He's all tongue tied. I'm a little embarassed for him

Oh, I would imagine what he's been saying is protected free speech. Typically it's shot down or responded to. It seems worse than it is because the guys on the front line have been given orders not to respond or react in any way so as not to escalate matters. If ya just understand it's all just BS smack talk, it's not too hard to ignore. The guy is all bark and just ignore it.

Yeah, but that's the point. You know that you are free to speak right now and they are not so it's really just bullying against someone who you know can't defend themselves against your accusations. Makes him feel like a real big man though.

Yeah, but that's the point. You know that you are free to speak right now and they are not so it's really just bullying against someone who you know can't defend themselves against your accusations. Makes him feel like a real big man though.

Exactly. "Trash talk" is generally, in my experience anyway, a mutually agreed upon exchange of meaningless threats and insults. With both sides willingly participating and both sides knowing that the other side doesn't really mean it.

This was not mutual, and one side was not a willing participant, and the threats sure didn't sound meaningless to me.

What I really don't understand is why the police don't enforce some "personal space" limits -- set up some barricades or police tape or something and keep the protesters and murder-threateners at least a few feet away from the police, if not more. This business of letting the murder-threateners get right in the face of the cops just seems so wrong.

Exactly. "Trash talk" is generally, in my experience anyway, a mutually agreed upon exchange of meaningless threats and insults. With both sides willingly participating and both sides knowing that the other side doesn't really mean it.

This was not mutual, and one side was not a willing participant, and the threats sure didn't sound meaningless to me.

What I really don't understand is why the police don't enforce some "personal space" limits -- set up some barricades or police tape or something and keep the protesters and murder-threateners at least a few feet away from the police, if not more. This business of letting the murder-threateners get right in the face of the cops just seems so wrong.

& we know they've got the barricades handy.

cnn's gonna have a report from ferguson - didn't see d/lemmon on the ground yesterday - maybe today?

sadly, i recognized too many people on the live feed - and recognized voices = oh no!

SLMPD encrypts radios after police movements published

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/10/10/slmpd-encrypts-radios-after-police-movements-published/17059215/

"I think the final decision, the point for me last night, was when 911 dispatchers were dispatching calls to specific addresses [and] those address were being shared to social media. 'Such and such address just called the police' -- that's a public safety issue. I wanted to make sure we were keeping everybody safe."

Sorry if this was already posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member