MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they hire them. The first question was more, are they allowed to wear their police uniforms while working the other jobs?

Only as in a security oriented jobs, and not for private security companies.

*I do disagree with an officer wearing the official uniform of the police department when working for a private security company. The private security companies usually have their own uniforms.

I had a friend who lived in a rent free apartment because he worked security there. He brought his cruiser home and it would be seen by the residents and/or any would-be burglars. If called out on the complex during the night for a disturbance, he did not put his uniform on. He just went in regular clothing.

MOO

I know they hire them. The first question was more, are they allowed to wear their police uniforms while working the other jobs?

Yes. Even though he was working a private job for a security company he probably got the job through the police department. He was not working for the police department but technically through the department if he was wearing his uniform. I don't believe he could work on his own for a security company because his weapon is issued by the department and too many issues. Many officers work private jobs. It's been that way for years. Plus the security might pay $50 an hour for the officer but the officer gets say $20 and the department would get $30.

Now because he was "off-duty" it may be an issue for the security company and not LE. We need an attorney for this one. LOL

Lots of misinformation still being tweeted:

Gerald D. Thomas ‏@TheGDTProject 8h8 hours ago
Woke up to find out St. Louis has killed another unarmed youth. #VonderrickMyers

Lauren Victoria ‏@Crewof42 11h11 hours ago
“@sfpelosi: Off Duty #STL Cop Shoots, Kills Teen During “Pedestrian Check” http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympl...ills-man-during-pedestrian-c?utm_term=3gbteyw …

An autopsy has shown that Vonderrit Myers Jr. was shot from five to seven times during a fatal encounter with an off-duty police officer Wednesday, police sources said.

There were seven wounds to the teen's body, five of which are clearly bullet holes. Investigators still are trying to determine if the other wounds are exit wounds, sources said.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_2d5a8c2a-97db-5cec-a477-1130d7d26f7e.html#.VDbrL4voF8c.twitter

None to the back of the head hmm

And according to Mr Argus guy, the officer/security shot 16 times at the 'unarmed' kid just for buying a sandwich.
What a journalist! SMH

The walker/s didn't stop and shoot at a security guard. The walker/s ran from the security guard still in his company car who hadn't spoken a word to them yet. The 18 yo fled until the security guard left his vehicle, ran him down, and grappled with him ... perhaps over control on the officer's gun. I don't question the security guard's ultimate need to shoot the man; only the justification for his initial suspicion and pursuit.

(above,bbm)
If I may: the officer probably had/has a better insight into why he was suspicious, and why he felt the need to pursue, than any layperson here. We can hypothesize all we want as to what each was thinking...but none of us were there, and none of us knew what was occurring at the time.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

10/09/2014 Order
EMASS IS HEREBY AUTHORIZED TO RELEASE TO SGT ROGER ENGELHARDT ANY ALL DATA FROM THE DEFENDANT'S GPS/HOUSE ARREST. SO ORDERED: JUDGE THERESA COUNTS BURKE #36965
Filed By: THERESA COUNTS BURKE

10/06/2014 Trial Setting Scheduled
Scheduled For: 11/17/2014; 9:00 AM ; BRYAN L HETTENBACH; Carnahan Courthouse
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Continuance Requestor - Court; Continuance Reason - Other
Hearing Continued From: 10/06/2014; 9:00 AM Trial Setting

Umar Lee @STLAbuBadu · 4h 4 hours ago
Frontlines Between Shaw Police and Protesters: http://youtu.be/IpJxmdXy4nQ #shawshooting #VonderrickMyers

Just how much are these guys supposed to have to take from this crowd?

I heard, "F... the police." "Police, go home." The 'protesters' were yelling in their faces. I guarantee you this would not be allowed to go down where I live. Black or white; makes no difference, they are wrong.

Every person in these United States has the right to protest anything peacefully, but no one has the right to riot and cause damage to property. These protesters terrorize the law abiding, peaceful citizens of that town.

LE can and must get tougher, IMO. They should not have to take this abuse, IMO.

Just how much are these guys supposed to have to take from this crowd?

I heard, "F... the police." "Police, go home." The 'protesters' were yelling in their faces. I guarantee you this would not be allowed to go down where I live. Black or white; makes no difference, they are wrong.

Every person in these United States has the right to protest anything peacefully, but no one has the right to riot and cause damage to property. These protesters terrorize the law abiding, peaceful citizens of that town.

LE can and must get tougher, IMO. They should not have to take this abuse, IMO.

It really sucks for the officers now. The original stance by the top brass seemed to be to allow the marchers to scream threats and vile insults right up in the cops faces, because they have first amendment rights of free speech. So now the marchers take that for granted. So they scream and cuss and threaten, and puff up their chests. And the cops stand like statues. This is not going to end well, imo.

:eek: Well he's a really good actor if that's the case.

I don't think he was acting at all. The reason I don't believe he is a narc is because there is no question that he was making matters much worse. He was stirring things up even more, IMO.

This guy will be arrested soon...............watch for it!

ETA: I also meant to say that LE would not sanction him making matters worse, IMO.

MOO

I think the only reason they are letting Bass walk free is that they want to keep watching his live streams.

It really sucks for the officers now. The original stance by the top brass seemed to be to allow the marchers to scream threats and vile insults right up in the cops faces, because they have first amendment rights of free speech. So now the marchers take that for granted. So they scream and cuss and threaten, and puff up their chests. And the cops stand like statues. This is not going to end well, imo.

You are exactly right in all you posted, katydid23.

I can understand letting the protests go on for maybe 3 days or so in the beginning. They (protesters) should have to get a permit lasting only for that long, IMO. Anyone continuing to protest beyond the allotted time should be arrested, IMO. They should not be allowed to do endless damage to property or shut down roads and interstate highways.

Of course hindsight is 20/20, but prevention is better.

I don't think it will end well either. This weekend will probably be really bad. I don't see any way around it.

MOO

Last night the protestors marched down the center of the road near the Shaw shooting. At about 2 am they 'took over' a major intersection. The cops pulled up at the two intersections on either side of the protestors, and sat and waited. There were about 10 cars at each staging area.

Then the marchers saw the cops and went towards them.The cops stood in a line, blocking them, like soldier statues. The crowd hurled insults and a few rocks. Finally, a huge SWAT truck arrived. And the cops announced by bullhorn, that anyone standing IN THE STREET was going to be arrested. Amazingly, they went to the sidewalks. They chanted for awhile, but it began to drizzle and it was about 3 or 4 am, so they began straggling back to their cars.

I hope the LE are provided with some sort of free counseling or at least a reduced fee. I can't see how they can stand there and take all of the cussing and insults the protesters are throwing at them. No one should have to endure that sort of treatment on a job, they are being harassed by the protester's. imo

Rebelutionary Z is telling CNN the cops are lying, there are no bushes nearby that the deceased could have jumped out from. Says his livestream is proof. So where is the livestream now?

Bertram Truman ‏@bertramtruman 2h2 hours ago
@Rebelutionary_Z @ArgusRadio @argusnewsnow It'd be better if you linked to the video itself and provided a timecode for it - no excuses then

Rebelutionary Z ‏@Rebelutionary_Z 2h2 hours ago
@bertramtruman @ArgusRadio @argusnewsnow -we are having issues with Livestream retrieving all vids from last night. Ppl watched it live
Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rebelutionary Z ‏@Rebelutionary_Z 2h2 hours ago

@bertramtruman @ArgusRadio @argusnewsnow -you can even hear that n the @CNN video it was well away from crowd. I'm an eyewitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck