MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I maybe missed it but am wondering if anyone else has thought about the MLB playoffs with St Louis playing- and perhaps the world Series to follow. IMO all St Louis needs these days is for a lot of this unrest to take place during the playoffs, with all the world watching. There is plenty of blame on both sides here- but I cannot fathom Cardinal fans wearing their team's logos, taunting a group of demonstrators such as happened outside Busch stadium early this week, with racial slurs. I had been sort of favoring the Cards in the playoffs. The tepid response by their management to this incident has left me suspending my support for the duration.

Both sides were guilty of taunting and using racial slurs. Remember, 99% of the people at the game didn't know the protesters were there and frankly didn't give a damn if they were there or not. They were their for a playoff game and could care less about the MB/DW case at the time. While I wasn't at the game, I know for those 3 hours I didn't give one thought to Ferguson either as much as I guess they tried to make sure I thought about it.

As for what might happen this weekend? Who knows. It won't affect the game. I doubt it makes the televised game. It might make the news, but it will be isolate to outside and any banners snuck in probably won't get air time and will be removed.

As for the management of the Cardinals, I really don't get what Vickers and others really think management should do much less what they will do. The Cardinals have been an ideal corporate citizen. Ferguson isn't a baseball issue. Race? The Cardinals employ tons of minorities. Frankly, I don't think the Cardinals should give ANY response to the Ferguson situation, much less give a tepid response. The only thing I could see them do that would be pretty cool IMO is to build a little league ballpark in the area. I think they (or some players) did so in north city, so it would be cool to do the same in north county.

I maybe missed it but am wondering if anyone else has thought about the MLB playoffs with St Louis playing- and perhaps the world Series to follow. IMO all St Louis needs these days is for a lot of this unrest to take place during the playoffs, with all the world watching. There is plenty of blame on both sides here- but I cannot fathom Cardinal fans wearing their team's logos, taunting a group of demonstrators such as happened outside Busch stadium early this week, with racial slurs. I had been sort of favoring the Cards in the playoffs. The tepid response by their management to this incident has left me suspending my support for the duration.

eh, as a Cards Fan & goer to games & experienced these "protesters", I ignore the protesters even when they are in my face chanting "who do we want? Darren Wilson! how do we want him? DEAD!" while I'm smoking outside Gate 4 of Busch Stadium -- you really don't see it or hear it in the Stadium

and it's pretty well patrolled area of downtown & I like the fact MLB has not really said anything about the trouble stewing/brewing in River City (dayum, now I have The Music Man in my head)

Good news for MO college football fans anticipating tomorrow's pivotal SEC game at noon between the 4-1 MO Tigers and the 4-1 GA Bulldogs: Todd Gurley, UGA's premier player/Heisman contender, has been suspended indefinitely while NCAA investigates his possible "likeness/memorabilia" infractions.

Saw that. Would rather him be playing. Even if it means we lose.

St. Louis County PD ‏@stlcountypd 2m2 minutes ago
(1 of 3) We have seen several reports on Twitter stating that anyone arrested this weekend as part of #Ferguson protests will be taken to
(2 of 3) jails as far as two hours away in locations such as Jeff City, Columbia, and St. Peters. This is NOT the case. Anyone arrested
(3 of 3) this weekend by STLCPD will be taken to St. Louis County Justice Services.

Just found and read this thread start to finish. :doh:
Anyone have a virtual Alka Seltzer to send?

Seriously, thank you all for your reporting, and thank you, Pops, for the chat link!

I'm not sure if I should follow or go join a quilting forum, but I'll probably be unable to look away as the weekend unfolds.... Or explodes...

Sending wishes of safety and peace to all of you in the area. :peace: :grouphug:

Attention Please!

After speaking to another moderator, I learned that the below chat is the chat used by Websleuth members. So therefore it is ok to link to that site on the open forum. Now you all have somewhere to go in the evening once we've locked up the regular forum threads on this and the Ferguson cases.

Thanks popsicle!

fran
:seeya:
My computer gave me a security warning and wouldn't connect. Anyone else have this problem?

Maybe he's being pro active because he doesn't want to lose business. The cops hands are tied as far as protecting themselves let alone protecting anyone in the community. Jmo

IMO he made that comment so his business wouldn't be destroyed. We all watched what happened to the store MB was in after the strong arm robbery video was released.

BBM

His lawyer said he was... FWIW

I don't see how that is possible. The ankle monitor is supposed to insure that one does NOT leave their home. Going to the corner market for a sandwich is not permissable when under house arrest. I wonder what the lawyers reasoning is? Because I don't get it. House arrest means 'house arrest.' It doesn't mean 'house and the corner market' arrest.

from dailymail:

"He was allowed to leave his home for work, school, court appearances, meetings with attorneys and meetings with the private monitoring firm, the Post-Dispatch reported."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...miles-Michael-Brown-killed.html#ixzz3Fli8LnlY

"'...work, school, court appearances, meetings with attorneys and meetings with the private monitoring firm..."

So was he at 'work or school' when he went to the Shaw market for a sandwich? Was he meeting his attorney there? I don't think so.

I don't see how that is possible. The ankle monitor is supposed to insure that one does NOT leave their home. Going to the corner market for a sandwich is not permissable when under house arrest. I wonder what the lawyers reasoning is? Because I don't get it. House arrest means 'house arrest.' It doesn't mean 'house and the corner market' arrest.

Only speaking on the experience I have lived with in the past my spouse was put on so called "house arrest" as part of his DUI probabtion but what that really meant was once the monitor was attached they would call occasionally and he was free to go to work, court mandated alcohol program, and community service during the hours of sunrise to sunset daily. So "house arrest" wasn't really house arrest except at night and if he stopped to grab something to eat on the way home it wasn't ever asked about.

Only speaking on the experience I have lived with in the past my spouse was put on so called "house arrest" as part of his DUI probabtion but what that really meant was once the monitor was attached they would call occasionally and he was free to go to work, court mandated alcohol program, and community service during the hours of sunrise to sunset daily. So "house arrest" wasn't really house arrest except at night and if he stopped to grab something to eat on the way home it wasn't ever asked about.

I guess it depends upon what city/state you are in. My neighbors son was on house arrest for DUI/Hit and Run charges. He was allowed to go to school during day but had to return right after. And there was a monitor in the security office and if he was not back at home at a certain time it went off and the probation officer would call him. He was told that he could go through a drive thru on the way home, but could not get out of his car and/or make any other stops.

yeah, Matt's okay but the "protesters" who paraded in Flora Place area left a $h*t ton of trash & trampled lots of flora/flowers/plants; many had their flags taken from their property & a few cars parked along the street had their windshields busted

So now KMOX is revising the 30K coming to StL for Ferguson October (or whatever they're calling it) to 10K -- they're headed to Clayton this afternoon at 3p to converge on McCulloch's office. Not a place to be on Friday afternoon as traffic will be a nightmare; I guess this is an opportunity for the "protesters" to use Metrolink & the bus system :laugh: and I hope they brought their rain gear/rubbers & ponchos 'cause it's gonna be a wet weekend

Honestly, these mobsters are stealing the show IMHO & not in a good way for the "peaceful" movement. I have a feeling that there will be many arrests in the next few weeks based on social media comments inciting violence. This is way out of control !!! MB has been lost in this maddness IMHO
How will StL LE view flag stealing, destruction of property and vandelism?

TY Popsicle for the info on the chat after dark :)

I tried to get in there just to see if I could find my way and it says: Application blocked by security settings.

I run Norton on my comp and I turned every security setting off and it still was blocked. I'm lost :(
(I turned the security settings back on afterwards)

In my experience (I am a St Louis native, and my dad is a 19 year veteran of the St Louis police force), yes it is common for them to wear their uniforms depending on the secondary job they are doing. My father is LE and has worked numerous secondary jobs over the years. Most of the time it is in police uniform.

Police officers are never really "off duty", my dad has to carry his badge and service weapon with him 24/7, he is on call 24/7. If they see a crime being committed and are not on the clock they are obligated to do something to stop the crime. Be that pursing the suspect, talking them down, calling it in, whatever, they have to do something.

Please let your dad be safe. And thank him for his service, bless your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member