Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
but.. has anyone looked into why he is released to go to work in St Joe when he dont currently have job there.. st joe is 50 miles away

I had not heard where he was released to go to work at, only that he was released and could only leave home to go to work. Where did the St. Joe info come from? I must have missed it. I found it interesting that he was working at all.

Well if he is working, I hope he is paying child support!! (yeah right, like he would do that with out a court order)

Gliterflits, Missouri Casenet is where this information is found on what happened during his last court appearance. This is the stolen gun case.

7th Judicial Circuit (Clay County)
09CY-CR00710-01 - ST V SHON A PERNICE
This information is provided as a service and is not considered an official court record.
Displaying 25 thru 27 of 27 records for all dockets returned for case 09CY-CR00710-01.
1 2 3 4 5
08/21/2009 Docket Entry: Hearing Held
Text: State by APA Soctt Ison, Defendant in person Eric Vernon. Defendants Motion to Enlarge Time to File Motion for Change of Venue- no objection by Plaintiff, Motion Granted. Defendant Motion for Change of Venue continued by agreement of parties. For good cause shown, case continued by Defendant to 9/18/09 at 10:30 a.m. Defendant ordered to appear at that date and time. At Defendant's request, no trial date is set. Upon oral motion by Defendant, Defendant's bond is modified as follows: Defendant's electronic monitoring amended to allow Defendant to attend AA meetings 2 times a week and to commute to and from St. Joseph Missouri for employment purposes. All other conditions remain as previously set. STA/rll
Associated Docket Entries: 08/21/2009 - Motion Hearing Scheduled

Associated Events: 08/21/2009 , 09:00:00 - Motion Hearing

Docket Entry: Motion Hearing Scheduled
Associated Events: 09/18/2009 , 10:30:00 - Motion Hearing

Docket Entry: Bond-Cash Bond Posted Full Amt

Can we believe everything in the news article? Did LE really say they know where the truck is??? We all hope that is true, but we cannot be certain. I know the article says "Pretz and Renee's mother" have custody of the boys now, but casenet says it is Douglas and Linda Lockwood (her mother and step-father) who have been given temporary custody. Unfortunately, you cannot always believe what you read or see in the news.

Pernice Family To Mark Somber Anniversary
$25,000 Reward Offered For Information That Leads To Her Remains

<snip>

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The start of the new year marks a somber anniversary for the family of Renee Pernice. They last spoke to her on Jan. 1.

Pernice's family said they know Renee, 35, was murdered. They said she would never have abandoned her children or her job teaching other nurses.

"From the moment that we heard that she was unaccounted for, we really knew what had happened," said Rick Pretz, Renee Pernice's father.

Pretz said Pernice's sons, now 8 and 10, don't understand what happened to her.

"There's never any closure. The children think, 'Why did Mommy leave? Why doesn't she come home?'"Pretz said.

more here

http://www.kmbc.com/news/22100264/detail.html

Lawyer For Pernice Wants Case Dismissed

Reported by: Lindsay Shively
Email: Shively@nbcactionnews.com
Last Update: 1/14 3:48 pm

LIBERTY, Mo.- The defense attorney for Shon Pernice, who's wife has been missing for a year, wants unrelated theft charges against him dropped if the judge won't enforce a court order allowing defense attorneys to visit the crime scene.

Defense attorneys filed that motion among others Thursday morning in Clay County court.

Pernice heads to trial January 25th, charged with stealing a gun from his neighbor's basement in January 2009......
The defense attorney also filed motions to ensure the jury will be isolated from media and information on Shon Pernice before the trial.
The judge won't rule on the motions until Thursday, January 21st. The trial is set to start January 25th.

more here

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/l...ts-Case-Dismissed/darVUIf4ZEeJKm5nxnpEXA.cspx

Custody For Pernice Children Settled

LIBERTY, Mo. --
The mother of missing woman Renee Pernice was granted full custody of her two boys on Thursday.
Pernice's husband, Shon Pernice, signed papers handing over custody to Linda Lockwood.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/22301567/detail.html
progress.gif

The Judge has ruled on the Pernice motion to take off his monitoring device.

From Casenet:

09CY-CR02754 - ST VS SHON PERNICE

03/12/2010 Docket Entry: Order
Text: Defendant's request for amending bond modification is denied. All bond conditions remain as previously set. So Ordered.
Filing Party: ALEXANDER , SHANE TERRIL

I only found and read through this case today; had not heard of it. Am feeling disgusted by LE if they had determined that she is dead long ago, by the evidence in the house, that they have not charged this guy. More and more murders are being tried without a body and without as much (apparent) physical evidence, meaning they must have seen enough blood traces to determine that she had died. In NY, Cal Harris was convicted of killing his wife Michelle (as they were divorcing) with very little blood in the garage and house and she has never been found, and he was not acting as publicly guilty as this guy. What is the hold up??Do they think they could not get a verdict? I think jurors are getting more and more savvy...divorcing couple, wife vanishes, blood in house, iffy stories from husband almost always=he killed her. They won't get a confession and they may not find the body and he can't be allowed to benefit from hiding it so well.
Let's get this guy charged and quit messing around with those petty crimes he can't seem to stop committing before he hurts someone else, he obviously keeps getting out on bail. In this case, to me ,there is no innocent until proven guilty-IMO Sometimes they are just guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back