Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update according to Missouri Casenet:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

11/21/2011 Motion Hearing Held
DDefendant in custody with attorneys Vernon and Baldwin, State by PA Dan White and APA Thompson-10 Motions- 3 Motions to Suppress and 7 Motion in Limine-With regard to Motions to Suppress-testimony by Det.s Strawn and Blehm-Defendant request additional time to file written brief-Granted-Defendant's brief due 11-29-2011, State's reply brief due no later than 12-6-2011. Defendant's Motion in Limines-all granted in part, denied in part, except Motion in Limine regarding witness Statement against Interest-Defendant's Ex 1-7 admitted into evidence but motion passed until hearing on 12-9-2011 at State's request and without objection by Defendant. Case remains set for Jury Trial 2-27-2012 at 9:00am, Pre Trial Conference 1-13-2012 at 9:00am and Motion hearing set for 12-9-2011 at 9:00am with defendant ordered to appear. STA/plh
Scheduled For: 11/21/2011; 9:30 AM ; SHANE TERRIL ALEXANDER; Clay

Attorneys argue over evidence in Pernice murder case

Attorneys for Shon Pernice and Clay County prosecutors argued Monday over evidence in Pernice's first-degree murder trial.

Pernice is accused of killing his wife, Renee, even though her body was never found.

Attorneys argued over motions for about two hours Monday. This included arguments over whether to admit an alleged confession into evidence.

A federal prisoner has allegedly confessed to killing Renee Pernice.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16092315/kc-man-accused-of-killing-wife-in-court-for-hearing

Federal prisoner who allegedly confessed to killing in court on threat charges

It was just a few weeks ago KCTV5 reported on the alleged confession in the murder of Renee Pernice. Currently, her husband Shon is awaiting trial and his defense team is asking that a jailhouse confession be admitted in court. The man who made the alleged confession was in court Thursday for an unrelated crime.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16167201/federal-prisoner-who-allegedly

KCPD have been called to an area north of the river that had previously been one of the areas searched for Renee Pernice. A recent news brief on tv said there has been human remains found. No idea if it is indeed Renee at this early time.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16457256/police-looking-into-reports-of-human-remains

Young said officers are being painstaking in their investigation. He said no conclusions are being drawn including the person's gender.

The grisly discovery came exactly three years to the day in which authorities searched the park for a missing Northland mother, Renee Pernice. Her husband, Shon Pernice, will go to trial this spring on first-degree murder. He is accused of killing his missing wife.

Renee Pernice's cell phone was found less than a mile from this area.

The gun being found on scene makes me wonder if this is a hunting accident or a self inflicted gunshot wound. I noticed the mention of the boot and there some males that are missing close to this area. from 2010 and 2008.

I have just read all of the entries on threads part 1 and part 2. What a case. Is there a new thread. The trial is scheduled to start on 2/27/12 and I read that the the defense just had a hearing to have some of the prosecutions evidence thrown out. Very intense. I could not find any new threads for this case. I looked under currently awaiting trial but did not find anything. Or is this the most current thread? Thanks for your help.

Well I hope Shon has to at least disclose where Renee is. Without that, this deal sounds too sweet.

BBM. Sounds like he didn't have to tell what he did with Renee if authorities are still guessing.

Shon A. Pernice, who had been accused of killing his wife three years ago, pleaded guilty this afternoon to voluntary manslaughter in the 35-year-old Northland woman’s death.

The change of plea came during a 3:30 p.m. hearing in Clay County Circuit Court, where Pernice’s attorney admitted that Shon Pernice hit Renee Pernice in the head as they argued, knocking her down a flight of stairs Jan. 2, 2009. The fall is what killed her, he said.After the hearing, authorities said they believe he put her body in trash bags and she ended up at a landfill.

More:
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/02/21/3443141/shon-pernice-pleads-guilty-in.html

This is really upsetting to me, I can't even imagine how Renee's family feels. I don't believe for a second that it was an accident. There is also an interesting comment from a neighbor (knowwhat) below the article I posted. It's a good point and makes me wonder.

This is really upsetting to me, I can't even imagine how Renee's family feels. I don't believe for a second that it was an accident. There is also an interesting comment from a neighbor (knowwhat) below the article I posted. It's a good point and makes me wonder.

I am pasting below a FB comment from a dear friend of mine who was a nursing student of Renee's......I am not linking in order to protect her privacy and hope that this is OK for this one time only as I felt it was a wonderful tribute....

Quoted: "My heart goes out to the family of Renee Pernice! She was a wonderful person, teacher, and advisor. The last time we spoke, she stayed after Christmas break had started, to run through working IV pumps until I was comfortable with them. She gave me a hug and told me to "take care and Merry Christmas! See you next year I guess!" She will live on through her students, and the lessons she taught will help many young nurses touch the lives of so many others."

It's such a shame that this case was plead down to manslaughter. Personally, I don't believe a word he's said in his "confession." Unless her remains are found there will never be peace for Renee's family. And lest we forget, there is another missing woman with ties to Shon Pernice, Star Boomer, who went missing years before, and one of the last to see her alive was him. Many, many questions surround her case as well.

Could be he's good for both disappearances....how will we know? And if Renee's remains are found, he can never be tried for her murder. Sweet deal if you ask me.

Oh dear Lord.

Shon Pernice's Mom: He Didn't Do It

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The mother of Shon Pernice said her son did not kill his wife and he told that he felt he had to change his plea.
Marsha Pernice told KMBC's Maria Antonia that she met with her son Tuesday after the hearing. Shon Pernice said he pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in Renee Pernice's death to make a deal to serve less time, according to his mother.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/30517895/detail.html#ixzz1n9uM1cad

So if Shon admits he's lying then throw out the plea down and put him back on trial for murder one. At the very least a judge needs to haul his butt back in and ask Shon if he lied to plea down. And make sure his mommy is there to hear what he says.

That is disgusting. :banghead:

I agree!! I heard on the news that the judge could have given him 17 years, so he was even shown a little bit of leniency. Disgusting. I hope he is not put into protective custody in prison....if you catch my drift.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back