MO MO - Ricky McCormick, 41, St Louis, 30 June 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
carbuff, if you're working a case and you have the deceased's social, you should be able to walk into a local social security office and they will at least verify that the individual is deceased. I haven't done that recently though, so I don't want to speak in absolutes anymore :).

I don't personally have the SSN, but a relative does. I don't know what exactly has been done in that area, I just know it's been mentioned there's a discrepancy about the SSN. So I'll be checking that out -- thanks again. I also didn't know the local social security office could tell me that unless I had a reason to know.

From the recent link posted by RiverGuide:
He was last seen getting a checkup at a St. Louis hospital on June 25, 1999, five days before a farmer discovered his decomposing body near West Alton. No one had reported him missing.

The St. Charles County medical examiner’s office said Thursday that the cause and manner of Mr. McCormick’s death remained undetermined, even after an autopsy and toxicology exam.

Law enforcement officials, however, are convinced Mr. McCormick was murdered, even though they have found no weapons, witnesses or wounds to support the theory.

It remains a puzzle why he might have decided one day to visit an agricultural area. Mr. McCormick did not own a car and the area is not served by buses or trains.

“Why was he in the middle of a farm field 30 miles from where he lived in a place he didn’t know anyone?” asked Detective Michael Yarbrough, one of the investigators.

NOTE how the FBI keeps saying he was last seen FIVE days before and yet when he was found (per my 1999 newspaper story), he had been seen Saturday! Hmmmmmm

I think if the FBI truly hopes one of us can solve it, they should see we need more facts. For one, I would like to know what places he frequented, who his friends were, what his hobbies were, etc. You know the FBI has that info.

Spouse points out that local LE can call the FBI in for expertise in most any area if they need help -- and the FBI cryptography department would have a deep interest in finding out more about any code they couldn't break, because even if this guy was just writing grocery lists or bets on today's races, the next person who uses it might be doing something really nasty.

Okay, it took me a while -- it appears that West Alton MO is not west of Alton, MO, but it is west of Alton IL :p Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is the area where his body was found:

Machens Club Drive, West Alton, MO

fbi 2nd note
first group of words circled, last line is: i believe.

dulmt6tunse ncbexc
dump t (truck) 6 tons NCB (the brand) exc (excellent)

Okay, it took me a while -- it appears that West Alton MO is not west of Alton, MO, but it is west of Alton IL :p Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is the area where his body was found:

carbuff, that's hilarious, I was coming to post the exact same thing! I also concur that looks like the likely spot. I just googled the bridge and followed it over. Good job! Looks pretty isolated.

Some more facts in another article. The FBI has this on their top ten list, along with the Zodiac case. Perhaps that's the real message:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...nd-on-mans-body/2011/03/31/AFNQ4bCC_blog.html

Here's what's interesting; I like to call it the "big LE lie" that they want us -or someone else- to believe:

McGuire, who has found himself handling a glut of calls in Missouri since the FBI put out its release, said, “it came out of the clear blue sky they were going to go all national on this and ask for help. But that is fine with us. We want to solve this case.” The county has one or two homicides a year and McCormick’s is one of the older cold cases, McGuire said.

We know that there were multiple bodies found in this same location in a two year period and they are continuing to find bodies in this area. See the the previous articles we cited above.

Here's another article with actual video footage of the scene and with the insight of a local cryptologist who echoes what many of us -together- have concluded through pooling our ideas:

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-cr...t-charles-murder-case-20110330,0,681505.story

Harbinger--

There is no link you can use. I accessed the paper through the Newspaper Archives online. If you have access to them, just enter his name and that newspaper will pop up. If I gave you the URL, it would circle you back around to the Newspaper Archives front page and want to you pay.

Okay, all that being said, I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find it and no matter the search words--that PAPER is gone from the archives! Kid you not. Want to explain that one to me?????

If ANYONE has access to the archives, PLEASE check yourself! It was there tonight when I first posted and now that paper is gone. You think these boards are NOT being watched? I am done posting--I will just watch all of you. This is too deep for me.

Spouse points out that local LE can call the FBI in for expertise in most any area if they need help -- and the FBI cryptography department would have a deep interest in finding out more about any code they couldn't break, because even if this guy was just writing grocery lists or bets on today's races, the next person who uses it might be doing something really nasty.

Ehhh, I dunno. I get that they can call them if they feel they need help. But the circumstances of the death were so unextraordinary. The articles I've read allude to the fact they still aren't even sure it was murder. Surely with all of the kidnapped children, serial killers, fraud and other more pressing cases they wouldn't obsess this much on a case just because they're bored and like a good code to crack. And then publish it like this all these years later? Smells funny to me.

Maybe you guys have already seen this, but this article has a lot of good info... including a picture of Ricky and an example of a cipher that is easy to solve.... it uses one letter before what is written. ("Nffu nf bu uif qpsl bu oppo" = "Meet me at the park at noon".)

Here is what was interesting from the article:
1. Ricky McCormick was a high school drop out and according to his family had used the coded writting since childhood. His own family does not know if anyone has the key to the code. I find that sort of odd.... surely he shared it with someone!

2. Ricky was last seen 5 days before he was found "when he received medication from a doctor at Forest Park Hospital in St. Louis for chronic heart and lung problems."

3. "He had a minimal criminal record but nothing that investigators believed would have contributed to his death. No one had reported McCormick missing and he was identified by fingerprints."

4. "Investigators believe the notes notes found in McCormick's pockets were written up to three days before he died." - If he was last seen 5 days before he was found, and they believe the notes were written 3 days before he died, then they have to think he died in the previous 2 days before he was found.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/

Harbinger--
If ANYONE has access to the archives, PLEASE check yourself! It was there tonight when I first posted and now that paper is gone. You think these boards are NOT being watched? I am done posting--I will just watch all of you. This is too deep for me.

Whattt?? Which newspaper was it sheer? I'll go check!

Edited to add: Okay, I made a small effort and caught up with the threads...they're moving so fast. Going to go check, the coincidence in those articles is a brilliant observation.

Ehhh, I dunno. I get that they can call them if they feel they need help. But the circumstances of the death were so unextraordinary. The articles I've read allude to the fact they still aren't even sure it was murder. Surely with all of the kidnapped children, serial killers, fraud and other more pressing cases they wouldn't obsess this much on a case just because they're bored and like a good code to crack. And then publish it like this all these years later? Smells funny to me.

It wouldn't be because of the death, it would be because of the code. Lots of very bad people -- terrorists, bioterrorists, organized crime, sex slavery rings, drug cartels -- use encryption regularly. Being able to crack the code is an important crime-solving and national security factor. One they can't crack is...not good.

Just some updated information. There are many references to work that would be done on E Coli. Now is its basic state E Coli is not all that harmful. But there is a reference early on that refers to WLD (wild) strains of a protein and RNS E par se which is a direct reference to manipulating E Coli. Also if the government was not worried about terrorism and E. Coli then why is each state required to have a plan for a outbreak. For example http://www.scdhec.gov/administration/library/ML-025272.pdf refers to a plan from SC. In most cases if someone was to clone a new strain a person would not even know that they have E. Coli until its to late and it shuts down your kidneys or other internal organs. I also feel that CITRS E WiLD NCBE refers to a strain of E coli that is found in fruit and the protein (NCBE). I just would hope I am wrong or else this is distrurbing.

A picture or Ricky McCormick.... I personally like to put a face with the name I am sleuthing. A high school drop out, that had his own code that now has the top law enforcement agency in the world stumped. If the murder had anything to do with the notes in his pocket, why would they have been left there???

Attachments

• Ricky McCormick.bmp
    230.4 KB · Views: 41
A picture or Ricky McCormick.... I personally like to put a face with the name I am sleuthing. A high school drop out, that had his own code that now has the top law enforcement agency in the world stumped. If the murder had anything to do with the notes in his pocket, why would they have been left there???

Nice find.

On a lighter note he looks like a young Ted (epic radio voice guy) Williams.

In case these haven't been listed before:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/article_60dc223e-5b1b-11e0-9833-0017a4a78c22.html
July 6th, 1999
FROM STAFF REPORTS | Posted: Tuesday, July 6, 1999 5:13 pm | Loading…

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

ST. CHARLES COUNTY • Major Case Squad investigators say they can find no evidence of a crime in the death of Ricky McCormick, 41, whose body was found near a cornfield near West Alton last week.

Maj. Tom O'Connor of the Major Case Squad said the investigation would revert to the St. Charles County Sheriff's Department. Medical examiners had not been able to determine a cause of death, he said.

"We've worked every lead, and not only can we not prove it is a homicide, we can't even come up with a motive for this guy to be dead," O'Connor said.

A woman found McCormick's body early Wednesday near Highway 367, west of West Alton. Authorities have said McCormick suffered from chronic heart and lung illnesses, which could have contributed to his death.

O'Connor said 18 people have been working the case since the Major Case Squad took over Wednesday.

Sheriff's Department Lt. Craig McGuire said several sheriff's deputies will continue working on the case. Anyone with information should call the Detective Bureau at 949-3020.

http://business.highbeam.com/435553/article-1G1-55057992/authorities-learn-identity-body-found-near-west-alton
July 2nd, 1999
This one is hiding behind a pay wall :(
AUTHORITIES LEARN IDENTITY OF BODY FOUND NEAR WEST ALTON.(Metro)

Article from: St Louis Post-Dispatch (MO) | July 2, 1999 | | Copyright

Authorities say the body found near West Alton on Wednesday was that of Ricky McCormick, 41, who had addresses in St. Louis, Belleville and Fairview Heights. He was identified by fingerprints on Thursday.

Police are asking for the public's help in determining how McCormick died and how his body wound up where it did - near Highway 367 between St. Louis and Alton.

A woman driving along a field road west of Highway 367 found McCormick's body about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday.

Maj. Tom O'Connor of the Major Case Squad said authorities are treating the suspicious death as if it were a …

EDIT TO ADD: Hey, these didn't mention encrypted notes. Did they just not think it was news worthy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478
Back