Found Safe MO - Savannah Barton, 24, Springfield, 15 Apr 2018 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry if this posts wrong first time logging in from my phone... I took a screen shot of the post you’re talking about... doesn’t Facebook have an option to check where the account has been logged on from???

I believe it does, yes, for the owner of the account.

This is scary. Wth is going on here. I hope she’s safe but the lead up to this has me really worried for her.

Someone has to recognize the verbiage of the status... someone is playing games with friends and family or sending a warning to those who might want to speak out to law enforcement

What does it say? It looks like it was already deleted or made private.

One of the persons arrested made an interesting comment on Savannah's status on 26th Feb.

Edit: I've screenshot it in case it goes poof.

Hoping with all of my might that Savannah makes it home safely.:sheesh:

Hi! I sent you a message I am not sure how to send you a picture of the status posted then deleted.

She has struggled with addiction, yes. The particular hotel she was at is probably the worst in town.

I was an addict/alcoholic (clean/sober 12 years now) and put myself in all sorts of horrible situations. I was just lucky. I hope she is ok

I was an addict/alcoholic (clean/sober 12 years now) and put myself in all sorts of horrible situations. I was just lucky. I hope she is ok
Sorry o/t but I want to say congratulations, I know that is incredibly hard to do.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

You did the right thing. Congratulations and know you are never alone.
Chi

Same here (clean 10 years). I too consider myself simply very lucky, and always think how easily this could have been me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what kind of evidence they have to be able to make an arrest so quickly for the kidnapping of Savannah? I fear this poor girl’s past and addictions will slow the attention she needs to be found.

Police urge Springfield woman to come forward in Endangered Person case

Witnesses say Savannah Barton, 24, was kidnapped Sunday morning from the Economy Inn parking lot on North Glenstone. Witnesses told police that two men and one woman forced her into their white PT Cruiser, and took off.

Police pinged Barton's cell phone to another nearby motel, the Flagship Motel, where they found the three people believed to have taken her -- but no Savannah. All three were arrested for kidnapping, but have not yet been charged with any crime.

It's unclear if Barton is okay, but police say they have received a couple calls from people who say they've seen her since the whole ordeal.

Police tell KY3 News they fear she might not come forward, because she has an active drug warrant out.

Her family tells us that she is a mother of three young girls, and a very good woman, who has recently got caught up in the wrong crowd.

They say she has struggled with drug addiction.

[...]

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Spr...ice-urging-her-to-come-forward-479925443.html

I don't believe Savannah is ok and I don't believe that (now deleted) Facebook post yesterday was her. I've gone through her Facebooks and the last post definitely wasn't her style. The post she deleted claiming it was a hacker who had posted it - I'm not sure. It reads like frantic Savannah to me. There's nothing about the spelling or word choices that stand out anyway. It's pretty similar to the all caps post on 9th April where she says she was hacked.

I'm worried about her and her kids.

[h=3]ENDANGERED PERSON: Police arrest 3 suspects, woman still missing[/h]
SPRINGFIELD, MO (04/16/18) - The Springfield Police responded to an abduction over the weekend. But they are calling it an unusual event. Officers have confirmed the identity of the female that was abducted as 24-year-old Savannah Barton.

Police were called to the Economy Inn on North Glenstone for a possible abduction. Witnesses told officers that two black men and a white female had forced Barton into a white PT Cruiser. That evidence led police 4 minutes away to the Flagship Motel.
“Made contact with the suspects. Evidence obtained matched what the suspects were wearing and their description and the vehicle that was seen," says Springfield criminal investigations Culley Wilson. "The only thing missing was our victim.”

Posts on Barton’s Facebook page show her apologizing for working with the Springfield narcotics team. But another post she continues to say that someone hacked her account. Days later, the abduction happened. Wilson says the police are aware of the posts. "We’re going through them and trying to determine how much validity is in each one of these posts and that sort of thing.”
http://www.fox5krbk.com/story/37969...-police-arrest-3-suspects-woman-still-missing

If anyone didn’t see the post I have a picture I took of it. The spelling and wording used was not typical in my opinion of anything Savannah has posted earlier even if under the influence. The post yesterday was different from the hacked post. Savannah hasn’t posted anything on Facebook that I viewed that lacks all or any kind of punctuation or some kind of symbols... and the words and lacks of spelling are as if someone is posting just to mess with family and friends (which I realize could be Savannah herself but I don’t think so) ... This is all my opinion. I usually just watch silently but I have a horrible feeling Savannah is in trouble in more ways than one... I don’t understand the arrests. In the “hacked” post comments Savannah said something herself about having the rumors of warrents... why was she at the hotel in the first place??? a million and one scenarios could have played out... where are you Savannah!

They are continuing to show her image on the news here in Springfield. Says that police are hoping that she is safe and just scared to show up since she has a warranty for her arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston
Back