NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@PayrollNerd - no rush! :) One of the cases Jewels helped me with - just wonder if Ruud has a hearing before her trial in December. See post #755 for a link to court site.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-023.gif

Attachments

• 4AE945F9-5D76-4F96-B64C-485C5B7076FA.jpeg
    4AE945F9-5D76-4F96-B64C-485C5B7076FA.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 5
Rebecca M. Ruud's court case:

12/01/2020 Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Bench Trial set for 12/14/2020 at 8:30am is quashed due to pending motions in the Court of Appeals. State and or Counsel to notify court of Court of Appeals ruling in pending matters. CRH/jrh/adp

Scheduled For: 12/14/2020; 8:30 AM ; CALVIN RAY HOLDEN; Taney

11/19/2020 Subpoena Served
Beary Served Subpoena; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Brown. tmr
Filed By: ANTHONY MICHAEL BROWN

11/16/2020 Setting- Bench Trial Scheduled

Associated Entries: 11/16/2020 - Motion Denied
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Associated Entries: 12/01/2020 - Hearing/Trial Cancelled
tree-uncollapse_button.jpg

Bench Trial set for 12/14/2020 at 8:30am is quashed due to pending motions in the Court of Appeals. State and or Counsel to notify court of Court of Appeals ruling in pending matters. CRH/jrh/adp

Motion Denied
Court makes a ruling on Motion to Reconsider taken under advisement. Court denies States Motion. Bench Trial remains set for 12/14/2020 at 8:30am hearing to take place in Greene County. CRH/jrh/adp

Associated Entries: 07/19/2020 - Motion to Reconsider
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Associated Entries: 08/24/2020 - Motion Hearing Held
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Associated Entries: 08/24/2020 - Hearing Continued/Rescheduled

Associated Entries: 08/24/2020 - Setting- Bench Trial Scheduled

Associated Entries: 11/16/2020 - Setting- Bench Trial Scheduled

IDK what is happening in appellant court or why that matters. There is a case listed, dismissed in July:

07/22/2020 Case Disp-Voluntary Dismissal
Order and Mandate issued.

Granted

Associated Entries: 07/22/2020 - Motion for Dismissal
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Motion for Dismissal
Motion to Dismiss; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

On Behalf Of: STATE OF MISSOURI

Associated Entries: 07/22/2020 - Granted

07/21/2020 Acknowledgement Letter Sent

Division Assigned

NOA Filed in Appellate Court

07/13/2020 No Filing Fee Due

NOA Filed in Circuit Court

BTW thank you, @PayrollNerd and @Jewels53 , for working to keep up with Ms. Leckie's case.

AFAIK Missouri is suffering a COVID-19 surge right now, which cannot help the wheels of justice grind.

jmho ymmv lrr

@Jewels53 - when you have time - could you see if Peat's pretrial hearing is still a go on Monday, 12/14? And I have bench trial starting on Ruud on the same date.

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif
Sorry I didn't get to this. My Daughter was up visiting from TX the last couple of days. I haven't been on the computer.

Thanks to @PayrollNerd and @Laughing for helping you out!

@Jewels53 - when you have time - could you see if Ruud might have a court date or trial date set yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-060.gif

1746-CR02630 - ST V REBECCA M RUUD

12/17/2020 Motion to Disqualify
DEFENDANTS MOTION TO DISQUALIFY THE PROSECUTING ATTORNEY AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND HIS STAFF AND REQUEST FOR HEARING; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by PD Welborn. Sent to Judge for review. adp
Filed By: LAUREN KATE WELBORN
On Behalf Of: REBECCA M RUUD

12/01/2020 Hearing/Trial Cancelled

Case.net: - Docket Entries

@Niner So no on the court date.

I know this is a few years old but I just had to say something about this interview. IMO this is just a self-serving statement designed to deflect blame for abandoning Savannah with this monster, Rebecca Rudd. Are there ANY other reports of Savannah acting out violently to the point of needing institutionalized? Everyone seems to describe this child as a sweetheart who just wanted to be loved. Even if she WAS acting out violently she was still a child and that's no excuse for killing her of course, but I'm just sick of seeing abused and murdered children slandered like this when they have no ability to defend themselves. It reminds me of Stoni and Steven Blair. I still get into heated arguments with people who believe the lies that monster mom told about her babies to justify butchering them & throwing them in a freezer. There are so many people who would rather accept viscious lies about child victims than admit a "mother" killed her children in cold blood.

This monster "mom" who by her own admission sadistically abused Savannah is already laying to groundwork to claim her victim was disturbed and/or suicidal, and this is helping set up her excuse. I do not believe for a second that Savannah attacked her siblings. IMO adoptive "mom" slipped up when she admitted the reason she shipped Savannah off was her new paramour & she came up with the story that Savannah was violent & out of control due to the judgement she rightfully recieved. In doing so she's helping set up a defense for the monster who killed this precious child.

Savannah was an innocent, abused, and sadly unwanted child (although so many of us would have loved her and taken her in!) She may have been suicidal for that reason alone, and the monster Rebecca Rudd punished her for it by literally rubbing salt in her wounds. That much I believe. But violent and out of control? No. I don't buy it. And even if she was when she was younger the adopted mother should have kept that to herself as it has NO BEARING on what happened to Savannah on that farm. There were no siblings or anyone for Savannah to "attack" when she lived with her violent, controlling "mother" in a state of isolation & neglect in a pull trailer & no indication that she was a threat to anyone. A violent out of control child doesnt obey commands to crawl through a hog enclosure & bathe in a pond, or sit still & endure her scabs being peeled off & caustic substances rubbed into her raw flesh multiple times a day. Rebecca Rudd had TOTAL CONTROL over this poor child. So to talk about this supposed violent conduct only serves to excuse adoptive mom for her abandonment of the child she gave away like an unwanted puppy. Shame on her. I wish she could be charged but if she can't, I wish she would keep this child's name out of her mouth forever. She failed her so badly it's the least she could do. Livid over this case. May justice be served for this sweet girl.

Last edited:
Bench trial scheduled in May for Rebecca Ruud

Feb. 5, 2021

SPRINGFIELD, Mo.- Rebeca Ruud, the mother charged in the 2016 death of her daughter, has a new bench trial set in May.

According to court documents, on January 29, during a virtual bond reduction hearing, a motion to set bond was denied, and a bench trial was set for May 18.

Court records say the trial will take place in Greene County.

@Jewels53 - anything in the court site for maybe a court date for Ruud before trial? I have Peat for pretrial hearing on 5/29/21.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

1746-CR02630 - ST V REBECCA M RUUD

Docket Entries
01/29/2021
Setting- Bench Trial Scheduled
**Bench Trial will take place in Greene County**
Associated Entries: 01/29/2021 - Bond Reduction Hearing Held
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Scheduled For: 05/18/2021; 8:30 AM ; CALVIN RAY HOLDEN; Taney
Bond Reduction Hearing Held
Hearing held virtually. State appears by PA Garrabrant and AAG Brown. Defendant appears with Atty Duvall and Atty Welbourn. Arguments heard regarding Defendant's Motion to Set Bond. Motion Denied. Bench Trial set for 5-18-2021 at 8:30am. Judge Calvin R. Holden/adp
Scheduled For: 01/29/2021; 10:00 AM ; CALVIN RAY HOLDEN; Taney

01/28/2021 Suggestions in Opposition
Suggestions in Opposition to Disqualify The Prosecuting Attorney and the Attorney General and His Staff; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by AGA Brown. adp

01/25/2021 Bond Reduction Hrng Scheduled
Associated Entries: 01/29/2021 - Bond Reduction Hearing Held
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Scheduled For: 01/29/2021; 10:00 AM ; CALVIN RAY HOLDEN; Taney
Order for Hearing
Court reviews Deft Motion. Hearing set for 01/29/2021 at 10:00 am via WebEx. Deft Counsel to notify court regarding Deft appearance before 01/28/2021.Court Clerk to send web ex invites. Judge Calvin R Holden/adp
Filed By: CALVIN RAY HOLDEN

01/21/2021 Notice of Hearing Filed
Notice of hearing; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. 1-29-2021 @ 8:30 AM. Filed by atty Welborn. Sent to Judge for review. adp
Filed By: YVETTE RENEE DUVALL
Motion for Bond Reduction
Motion to set bond or OR bond with bond conditions; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Filed by atty Welborn. adp
Filed By: YVETTE RENEE DUVALL
On Behalf Of: REBECCA M RUUD

Hearings and Trials
TUESDAY, MAY 18, 2021
Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
CALVIN RAY HOLDEN 8:30 AM 1 OF 1 Setting - Bench Trial
Event Text: **Bench Trial will take place in Greene County** Location: COURTROOM 4 Taney
Address: 266 MAIN STREET PO BOX 129 FORSYTH MO

Case.net: - Docket Entries

@Niner

On the Docker Entries is what has happened since November.

The high-profile trial of a Theodosia woman charged with murdering her daughter and disposing of her body in a burn pile in Ozark County in the summer of 2017 has been reset for the eighth time.

The Ozark County Times reports a four-day trial for Rebecca Ruud, charged in the death of her 16-year-old daughter Savannah Leckie, has been reset for May 18-21 in Greene County.

[...]

The court is still awaiting a ruling from the Supreme Court in reference to an alleged privileged recording.

The audio recording reportedly includes what is believed to be a conversation between the Theodosia woman and Missouri Public Defender Nina Lane. Ruud is said to have secretly taped an interview with the investigator sometime between when Leckie was reported missing on July 20, 2017, and the Ozark County woman’s arrest on Aug. 21 that year.

The state became aware of the recording when Ruud’s husband and co-defendant in the murder case, Robert Peat Jr., approached the prosecution for a “proffer of testimony” on Jan. 24, 2020. At that time, Peat was named a “cooperating individual for the state.”

High-profile murder trial reset for 8th time

@Jewels53 any updated court dates for Rudd before her trial in May? Or if she is not around - @PayrollNerd - I noticed you gave me up date before.

and not sure if this appeal has been decided either - in Legally Bland's post above....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emh88
Back