Found Deceased MO - Tanner Ward, 19, Trenton, 7 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The first post stated the police believed him to be in danger, but never said why. All the weirdness happened in between, and then his decomposed body was suddenly found hanging from a tree in a small town. Immediately written off as suicide, but a substantial amount of people have signed a petition to investigate a possible cover up by local law enforcement........interesting case here

Presumably LE took the tips seriously, investigated them and ultimately found them to be unsubstantiated.

If Tanner's body was hanging high up in a tree I find it completely plausible that nobody saw him sooner. People don't tend to look up into trees a lot when walking from A to B, and foliage was probably hiding the body. I've read about other cases where a body was eventually found hanging from a tree close to home, and had been missed for months by search parties.
I'm wondering why no one smelled Tanner's decaying body? I'm sorry. I'm not sure how to ask that in a better way.

It wasn't posted, but there was a warrant filed for his arrest in July:

Online court information shows a probation violation report was filed Tuesday by the Missouri Probation and Parole. The information also shows a capias warrant was issued July 6 at the request of the probation and parole office at Trenton. Bond has been set at $15,000.

Circuit Court Judge Jack Peace suspended Tanner Scott Ward’s probation until further order of the court.

Tanner Ward pleaded guilty to unlawful use of a weapon stemming from an incident at an apartment building in Trenton. On the 15th of last December, Grundy County Circuit Court Judge Jack Peace placed Ward on five years of probation after imposing a sentence.

http://www.kttn.com/arrest-warrant-issued-for-tanner-ward-of-trenton/

Ward's family is apparently not buying the (suicide) ruling. Ward's older sister said her family believes Tanner was murdered based on all the tips that were received during the investigation into her brother's disappearance.

His sister said police informed her family that Tanner had hanged himself. The family does not believe that either. Her family thinks someone dug up Tanner's body Sunday night and placed it in the tree where the two students found it Monday morning.

The tree where her brother's body was found hanging is three blocks from her parents' house.

The students who discovered Tanner's remains walk that route to school every day, and the body wasn't there a couple of days before that.

Ward told us the family would like an outside law enforcement agency to investigate her brother's death.

http://ktvo.com/news/local/autopsy-performed-on-trenton-human-remains

The first post stated the police believed him to be in danger, but never said why. All the weirdness happened in between, and then his decomposed body was suddenly found hanging from a tree in a small town. Immediately written off as suicide, but a substantial amount of people have signed a petition to investigate a possible cover up by local law enforcement........interesting case here

When LE say they believe someone to be endangered but won't say why, it's often because they have reason to believe them to be suicidal and are trying to be discreet about it. Jmo.

"Police said they believe Ward is in danger, although there has been no evidence of foul play."
http://kqtv.web.franklyinc.com/story/35730745/trenton-police-still-looking-for-missing-man

When LE say they believe someone to be endangered but won't say why, it's often because they have reason to believe them to be suicidal and are trying to be discreet about it. Jmo.

Endangered also means that person is on medication that they do not have with them.

Yes but LE will usually say if a person needs medication and doesn't have it with them, whereas they won't usually say if they believe a person to be suicidal. Jmo.

Online court information shows a probation violation report was filed Tuesday by the Missouri Probation and Parole. The information also shows a capias warrant was issued July 6 at the request of the probation and parole office at Trenton. Bond has been set at $15,000.

Circuit Court Judge Jack Peace suspended Tanner Scott Ward’s probation until further order of the court.

Tanner Ward pleaded guilty to unlawful use of a weapon stemming from an incident at an apartment building in Trenton. On the 15th of last December, Grundy County Circuit Court Judge Jack Peace placed Ward on five years of probation after imposing a sentence.

His family were furious about this. The warrant was issued because he missed a parole meeting (he had been missing for a month). [emoji53]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

information on the December 2016 arrest, approximately 6 months before Tanner went missing..
http://www.kttn.com/two-trenton-brothers-arrested-on-weapons-charge-after-saturday-incident/
This looks bad.. "Tyler Ward is accused of wiping a 22 caliber pistol with alcohol and slamming it to a concrete floor in an alleged effort to impair a police investigation."
So there was an investigation his brother was accused by the police of attempting to thwart? They were arrested for criminal actions while displaying guns? Yeah, we need details on that.

information on the December 2016 arrest, approximately 6 months before Tanner went missing..
http://www.kttn.com/two-trenton-brothers-arrested-on-weapons-charge-after-saturday-incident/
This looks bad.. "Tyler Ward is accused of wiping a 22 caliber pistol with alcohol and slamming it to a concrete floor in an alleged effort to impair a police investigation."
So there was an investigation his brother was accused by the police of attempting to thwart? They were arrested for criminal actions while displaying guns? Yeah, we need details on that.
From what I read I think they each had a weapon and the brother tried to clean and destroy his in attempt to fudge with the evidence/investigation.

I couldn't find too many details on this, only that they both showed up at an apartment building waving guns around after an earlier argument.

I know the justice for Tanner rally was held today, hoping it got him some publicity? Any locals know of any updates at all?

From what I read I think they each had a weapon and the brother tried to clean and destroy his in attempt to fudge with the evidence/investigation.

I couldn't find too many details on this, only that they both showed up at an apartment building waving guns around after an earlier argument.

Where did you find this information?

Where did you find this information?

I read it in article which I can no longer find, but haven't had much chance to look for it. I will report my post to admin and ask them to remove it. My take away from all I have read was that Tanner's charges weren't a huge deal. Whatever happened with his brother wasn't really relevant, and Tanner had owned whatever had gone on and was getting on with his life. The warrant that came out for him was because he missed a parole meeting, he had been doing fine prior to this and only missed it because he was missing!

It doesn't look like it was mentioned here but Trenton was found to be a former residence of Bailey Boswell, with Tanner knowing someone she knew. She is currently under suspicion of being involved in the murder of Sydney Loofe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7890475

With that said, there was a similar case in Canada a few years ago where a young guy left a group of friends and was found a couple blocks away hung in an evergreen - it may have been really difficult for anyone to detect his body hung in a tree prior to the leaves falling, especially if it is a tree surrounded by other trees. It would have been extremely obvious to the ME if the body had been buried at any point not to mention the act of hanging skeletal remains would have likely caused some detatchment

Suicide? Doubtful. Does Missouri not have vultures or crows??? They would have been circling that dead body. I watched a clip of the police chief who said the body was there for 6 months because people simply don't look up. Well, people do scan what is in FRONT of them and it would be pretty hard to miss a swinging body in the distance. Birds circle dead carcasses where I live and they could be totally hidden by brush or trees and you would still know....even from a long distance. And should we talk about smell? You can't spray lysol to get rid of it....the decaying body would permeate the air. Think about the smell a little dead mouse puts off...you can smell it throughout the house. Just my opinion. They want to wrap it up and put a bow on it by calling it suicide. Did he carry a rope when ge left in June? Did his family recognize the rope? Homicide and then the body was staged.

Thought that it was odd that in the initial posting he was 5'10
and in the later ones he was 6'2

Also...I saw the area and tree where his body was found and it was not dense at all. It appeared to be well used because there was no growing vegetation...more like a path. Trees were not close together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back