Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, any idea who the van belonged to yet, meaning are there any ties any ties to the family?
I know the presser stated not known, but I wonder if there's been any updates that I missed.

I do hope we receive some additional information/clarification. Was he found 1/4 mile from home or 1 mile from home? That's a significant difference for a 3 year old. RIP Titus...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/1...oy-3-as-frigid-weather-grips-search-area.html
[h=1]Missouri boy, 3, found dead in frigid van[/h]--snip--

The van was on a neighbor's property roughly a mile from the home, according to investigators.

They said they believe the child crawled into the van for shelter but died from exposure to the frigid weather. Still, they did not entirely rule out foul play.

Temperatures hovered around 14 degrees at 4 a.m.

Maybe a map whiz could do one showing the distance from grandpa's house to where he was found...I know we have some peeps that are really good at it...Not me though.

I know where the 'lodge' is but I've not seen the Grandfather's name to find his house. I've been looking but can't find the house where Titus was found

Oh, no! I'm a couple hours behind on this thread... The van. My heart is pounding!

ETA - well, I don't know what to say. My eyes welled up with tears... So awful. I'm sorry this happened, little Titus. I really, really hope your short life was filled with love and gentle care. I really hope so.

So he went missing between 12 midnight and 1am, then he was found in the van around 11 am. Temperatures were below freezing.

He was known to try and escape... So he could have just woken up and left the house without his grandpa noticing, wandered down the street, started trying car doors looking for warmth, found the minivan open, and then crawled under a blanket he found in the minivan.

http://fox2now.com/2016/02/10/missing-iron-county-toddlers-body-found-in-a-van/

Looks as though the little guy tried to go home. He probably woke up and got scared and confused.

Does anyone have a link to the news video of when the child first went missing, maybe with family members? I would like to see if, everything now is after he has been found.
RIP Titus, may you fly with the angels

I would caution everyone with children old enough to open a house door to not only lock the door knob but to also install a latch at the top of the door that the child can't reach.

I feel like parental suspicion is premature at this point. That the parents ran a late night errand is indicative of nothing. Time alone together as a couple is valuable, especially when you have a little one. Maybe they were running for diapers & held hands in the store. Who knows. If there was some other indication that the parents were somehow responsible or covering something up I'd be singing a different tune. However as of now this is a horribly sad incident & this family likely does not need speculation on hindsight errors that culminated in their babies death.

Just came back to check in and they've already found the sweet baby deceased. :(.
Heartbreaking.

I feel like parental suspicion is premature at this point. That the parents ran a late night errand is indicative of nothing. Time alone together as a couple is valuable, especially when you have a little one. Maybe they were running for diapers & held hands in the store. Who knows. If there was some other indication that the parents were somehow responsible or covering something up I'd be singing a different tune. However as of now this is a horribly sad incident & this family likely does not need speculation on hindsight errors that culminated in their babies death.

There is nothing wrong with running late night errands if a child is left supervised, and he was. I feel very bad for the poor grandparent. I simply cannot imagine what I'd be going through if my grandchild was left in my care and a tragedy happened. I wouldn't want to live.

One of the links said the mom and Titus lived with her parents and were visiting the dad who lived with his father.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628
Back