Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MythX and AceDetective gotcha on both of your posts, thanks for explaining.

I guess I just don't understand how if her iPhone was still connected to the network til late Sunday night how they weren't able to get a ping off a tower for a location. Just makes no sense whatsoever to me.

So many cases I've followed with last tower pings and this one all I've seen is 'phone was connected to network then went dark'.

Too many things with this case do not make any sense.

I don't understand how her phone could be connected to the network till 9:30pm but the last text she got was before 5am. Wouldn't her friends and family be texting her throughout the day looking for her? How does a phone remain connected to a network but not receive messages or calls?

People probably were blowing up her phone during the day. The phone company can probably tell the last text she received and read, and the rest went unopened. So it was probably receiving the texts and calls til it died.

Where and when was last ping? This isn't clear to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MythX and AceDetective gotcha on both of your posts, thanks for explaining.

I guess I just don't understand how if her iPhone was still connected to the network til late Sunday night how they weren't able to get a ping off a tower for a location. Just makes no sense whatsoever to me.

So many cases I've followed with last tower pings and this one all I've seen is 'phone was connected to network then went dark'.

I'm baffled by this as well. Perhaps they know it was connected because texts weren't bouncing or something like that, but LE was/is still in the process of getting the cell tower info. It can take a few days. Seems to me they would have it by now, though, but they don't share everything they know, unfortunately.

I think a lot of the evidence seems to point that she may have went voluntarily missing. I understand how she must feel sometimes and the feeling of having to do things that you might not want to but need to do in order to get by in life. Sometimes life doesn`t go the way you plan and you get caught up in doing things you use to be morally objected to doing in order to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. Eventually you fall down the hole too far and start hating yourself and wanting to get away. You put on a face and smile around friends and pretend everything is okay and then one day you just break down and have to get away. Her friends and family may think this is out of character for her because she may have lead them to believe she was happy with where she was in life but on the inside she might have been depressed and just wanting to escape.

Just throwing this out there from personal experience, I was arrested for possession of ketamine and mdma/ecstasy when I was 21 in Little Rock Arkansas. It was a personal use amount and no indication of me selling anything. I was also a club kid, raver, dating a douche bag of a DJ and really involved in the fun (then, now sketchy bc I'm 33) late night, after hours "clubs" that she is currently. Anyway, my pops is a southern baptist minister so #daddyissues and I wouldn't have dared to call him. Here I was facing multiple felonies and my life as I know it was over. The FIRST thing the detective did was tell me how many years in prison I would get and the next thing out of his mouth was "we can forget this happened in exchange for the arrest of 3 felons, tell us what you know.". I would have 12 months to fulfill my obligation. I didn't know 3 but it's only human to consider the get out of jail free card. I had an aunt who was an attorney and there were some serious violations of my rights and it was dismissed. I'm not proud nor ashamed bc it was my life's journey, but my point is she may not have had an attorney aunt. That detective told me in that same interrogation as I explained I'm just a dumb kid who partied that IF I could help hook a big fish they would protect me. Given the time frame it's possible she hooked a big fish and he hooked her back? Alternatively they could be protecting her. No?

Just throwing this out there from personal experience, I was arrested for possession of ketamine and mdma/ecstasy when I was 21 in Little Rock Arkansas. It was a personal use amount and no indication of me selling anything. I was also a club kid, raver, dating a douche bag of a DJ and really involved in the fun (then, now sketchy bc I'm 33) late night, after hours "clubs" that she is currently. Anyway, my pops is a southern baptist minister so #daddyissues and I wouldn't have dared to call him. Here I was facing multiple felonies and my life as I know it was over. The FIRST thing the detective did was tell me how many years in prison I would get and the next thing out of his mouth was "we can forget this happened in exchange for the arrest of 3 felons, tell us what you know.". I would have 12 months to fulfill my obligation. I didn't know 3 but it's only human to consider the get out of jail free card. I had an aunt who was an attorney and there were some serious violations of my rights and it was dismissed. I'm not proud nor ashamed bc it was my life's journey, but my point is she may not have had an attorney aunt. That detective told me in that same interrogation as I explained I'm just a dumb kid who partied that IF I could help hook a big fish they would protect me. Given the time frame it's possible she hooked a big fish and he hooked her back? Alternatively they could be protecting her. No?

Except for the age difference I would have known you on the party scene in Little Rock. I know all too well the ins and outs of that life in LR. However, I never got caught and was lucky in that sense because there were PLENTY of times I came really close. You got really lucky having an aunt that's an attorney. I've seen the game the cops in LR play.

A few people have mentioned this kind of thing, and I do think it's plausible. I'm curious as to if this kind of situation has ever happened before? If police decide to bust someone and are worried for their safety, do they put them somewhere and not tell even the family? That's the part I'm skeptical of. Family seems genuinely distraught, especially the mom.

If it was a big fish hooking her back as you say, then would the police divulge that this scenario existed?

Good question, I don't know :)

I don't know that it's been specified that this wasn't the case. I believe the 4:53 might have been HER last text, but we just didn't know who she texted -- and still don't. (but police do)

But I'd be very surprised if friends/family weren't sending texts.

But... it is odd that we see these screenshots of a final text and we see one reply of a whyyyy -- but nobody texting a "you ok?" "what happened"? Maybe there are but they just don't scroll down for us to see that?

If I'm not mistaken, the last text at 4:53 is one she received from a man who is cooperating with LE.

I agree with you that despite her normal sleeping habits, if there was an inkling of a clue that she didn't meet friends at 5:00 am and was suspected missing, I would think those friends (at the very least) would be blowing her phone up asking where she is.

I lived about 10 years on the party scene before the days of cells phones being used by the masses like they are now. However, if I was supposed to be somewhere at a certain time there would definitely be messages on my answering machine (old school technology for you younger sleuths, HA) from my friends asking where the HE** I was.

A few people have mentioned this kind of thing, and I do think it's plausible. I'm curious as to if this kind of situation has ever happened before? If police decide to bust someone and are worried for their safety, do they put them somewhere and not tell even the family? That's the part I'm skeptical of. Family seems genuinely distraught, especially the mom.

If it was a big fish hooking her back as you say, then would the police divulge that this scenario existed?

Good question, I don't know :)

It is very likely somebody could have been after her but I don`t think the police would have put her into hiding without informing the family. I cant imagine that if she was being protected that they would want her face being shown on the news and social media across the country.

A stripper has more stalkers than prostitutes because they tease the patrons and take money without the sex.

So I would look at stalkers.

It is very likely somebody could have been after her but I don`t think the police would have put her into hiding without informing the family. I cant imagine that if she was being protected that they would want her face being shown on the news and social media across the country.

Let's not forget she is a legal adult. LE does not have to inform her family of anything if it's for her safety , she asked them not to or the integrity of something she was working on was at risk. I don't believe that's the case though. If she was working as an informant and she went missing there would be DEA sniffing around behind the scenes.

A stripper has more stalkers than prostitutes because they tease the patrons and take money without the sex.

So I would look at stalkers.

I think patrons of that club are obviously someone you'd want to look at. But I wonder how likely it would be that if someone followed her from the club to that QT, and sees her pulled over by the police... I'm skeptical that he'd make his move at that point.

Also, being as it seems likely that she was looking to meet someone at the QT or was on here way to somewhere North of there or around there, I am not sure we are talking about a stalker.

I think patrons of that club are obviously someone you'd want to look at. But I wonder how likely it would be that if someone followed her from the club to that QT, and sees her pulled over by the police... I'm skeptical that he'd make his move at that point.

Also, being as it seems likely that she was looking to meet someone at the QT or was on here way to somewhere North of there or around there, I am not sure we are talking about a stalker.

The unplugged insurance thingy leaves me with only 2 probable situations/theories

1. Completely voluntary
2. Someone that knows her incredibly well to know it was there and I tracking unit.

A random person or even a stalker just wouldn't notice or look for it. Their attention would certainly be elsewhere while trying to contain and control what would have to be a chaotic situation.

Let's not forget she is a legal adult. LE does not have to inform her family of anything if it's for her safety , she asked them not to or the integrity of something she was working on was at risk. I don't believe that's the case though. If she was working as an informant and she went missing there would be DEA sniffing around behind the scenes.

usually they would issue a statement tho, at the very least to say that they are not concerned about this person.

The unplugged insurance thingy leaves me with only 2 probable situations/theories

1. Completely voluntary
2. Someone that knows her incredibly well to know it was there and I tracking unit.

A random person or even a stalker just wouldn't notice or look for it. Their attention would certainly be elsewhere while trying to contain and control what would have to be a chaotic situation.

car is located somewhere that it cannot transmit.

1. Completely voluntary

No matter what other scenarios I try to consider, I keep getting a gut instinct that she crossed paths with the wrong person. I know from personal experience that living the lifestyle of late night and drugs (not striping though) puts you in a risky position on a regular basis and the odds eventually just aren't in your favor.

There could be any number of ways she met the wrong person - someone she thought she could trust, she ran out of gas and someone stopped to "help", a cop impersonator, etc. And if she crossed paths with someone that's clever and knows how to cover their tracks, the car could have been moved before anyone was looking for her or the car and the GPS could have been removed. They are advertised quite a bit and someone that's adept at taking a person and covering their tracks may very well be looking for technology of this sort in a car. There have been plenty of cases where a girl and her car have both disappeared.

do we know exactly what device was installed in her car for insurance? and what it was capable of?

do we know exactly when it stopped working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmu