Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Max, each year in the United States there are currently approximately 31,000 fatal car accidents. One source claims 400 of those deaths are via drowning. That's 1.3% of car accident fatalities via drowning.

Does it make sense for me to say that only 1.3% of fatal car accidents are via drowning, therefore it is quite unlikely this was an accident?

No, that does not make sense. That number on its own doesn't tell us much about the validity of any given theory. You have to compare it to something.

Assuming the cause of death is drowning, which I'm pretty sure is what we're going to find out, what percentage of homicides is via drowning? If that number is less than 1.3%, then the 1.3% number actually makes an accident MORE likely.

The burner phone hypothesis and / or secondary accounts / burner type apps all seem plausible and common.

I do think many known things in TAs life would make it likely she made use of burner phones or apps. Simply being on Seeking Arrangements would make that likely for obvious reasons.

Her age and all of her use of SM shows she was tech savvy so increases the probabilities.

Even everyday people--like myself--have burner phones today. Mine is for innocuous reasons but thinking about this I know others use them commonly.

A biz associate has one for his mistress he met of Seeking Arrangement and his mistress has one to contact him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. It's not like you need to even be a criminal to use them obviously. For example I have friends that do a lot of selling on craigslist and they use a prepaid burner or Burner/Hushed apps. It's just the the same as people creating an email to use for websites that harvest emails and spam you. I keep my regular email for only family/friends.

Kids nowadays are very savvy with this kind of thing, especially in Toni's age group. Women her age likely use burner apps and such to give a phone number to a guy that they are feeling out, but don't want to give out their actual phone number.

I am very interested in the case reports, because I think there's a good chance that cellphone pings might have been used to verify the alibi of certain people in this case, who would be suspects. Yet... There is no reason why someone HAS to be where their cellphone is. So when someone says that they fell asleep in their car, it'd not be hard to support that alibi if your phone was on receiving push notifications or even engaged in some way... ie playing music from the cloud.

Exactly. It's not like you need to even be a criminal to use them obviously. For example I have friends that do a lot of selling on craigslist and they use a prepaid burner or Burner/Hushed apps. It's just the the same as people creating an email to use for websites that harvest emails and spam you. I keep my regular email for only family/friends.

Kids nowadays are very savvy with this kind of thing, especially in Toni's age group. Women her age likely use burner apps and such to give a phone number to a guy that they are feeling out, but don't want to give out their actual phone number.

I am very interested in the case reports, because I think there's a good chance that cellphone pings might have been used to verify the alibi of certain people in this case, who would be suspects. Yet... There is no reason why someone HAS to be where their cellphone is. So when someone says that they fell asleep in their car, it'd not be hard to support that alibi if your phone was on receiving push notifications or even engaged in some way... ie playing music from the cloud.

Agreed.

I explained in an earlier post I personally have a burner phone for a very innocuous reason. I do a lot of boating and water skiing and lost / ruined too many expensive iPhones so buy the $50.00 burner pre pay phone, fwd my calls from my good phone to the burner, throw it in a ziplock baggies and enjoy the water knowing if I loose or ruin my "burner" I'm not our much money.

My friends have started doing the same as I, so in my little circle of old folks burner phones are now popular. I have a client that has a burner for his mistress he met off Seeking Arrangements and bought her a burner to contact him.

I'd say burner phones are mainstream now frankly and that's for folks with legit and non illegal reasons to use them. That means for illegal activity burner phones are probably a SOP.

Agreed.

I explained in an earlier post I personally have a burner phone for a very innocuous reason. I do a lot of boating and water skiing and lost / ruined too many expensive iPhones so buy the $50.00 burner pre pay phone, fwd my calls from my good phone to the burner, throw it in a ziplock baggies and enjoy the water knowing if I loose or ruin my "burner" I'm not our much money.

My friends have started doing the same as I, so in my little circle of old folks burner phones are now popular. I have a client that has a burner for his mistress he met off Seeking Arrangements and bought her a burner to contact him.

I'd say burner phones are mainstream now frankly and that's for folks with legit and non illegal reasons to use them. That means for illegal activity burner phones are probably a SOP.

I suppose the mistress isn't exactly legit but it's certainly not illegal and is the oldest profession. I'm not saying having a mistress is a good thing so don't want to come off as a person w bad morals. Just saying everyday people not committing crimes use technology frequently and that means the criminal element uses it as a SOP.

According to this source, the number of homicides by drowning is extremely low, only around 0.1%

Now the 1.3% number for accidents doesn't seem so bad, does it?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....able_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

Also, there are about 2.5 times more car accidents than homicides. So, when considering cause of death, an accident isn't just 13 times more likely, it is 30 times more likely.

Only 1.3% of car accident fatalities are drownings. Does that mean an accident is unlikely? Not at all. When we compare it to homicides, we actually find out an accident is 30 times more likely.

Also, there are about 2.5 times more car accidents than homicides. So, when considering cause of death, an accident isn't just 13 times more likely, it is 30 times more likely.

If there had not been so many inconsistencies throughout this case, I would totally accept the accident.
There are just too many questions in my mind. I don't know if they will ever be answered.

I can't edit my previous post anymore, but hopefully it is clear I meant to say, "2.5 times more car accident fatalities than homicides."

In the United States, there are about 31,000 car accident fatalities per year, vs approximately 12,500 homicide deaths per year.

I can't help but to feel this case only began when her car and remains were pulled from the river.

JMO

I really hope LE releases more information soon. Without it, the case and the discussion hit a standstill eventually and we end up recycling a lot of the same points. :( I wonder if there are any watchdog agencies or news corps who will FOIA information if it's not readily released over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this a recent search warrant? Interesting connection to others mentioned in this case.

I posted the article earlier, it's dated 3/17 which would have been Friday, here it is again :

http://fox4kc.com/2017/03/17/police...-at-tow-lot-after-owner-refuses-to-cooperate/

After being granted a warrant on Friday, Kansas City Police and the Missouri Highway Patrol scoured Bloodworth's tow lot on 31st Street near Topping.
They checked vin numbers on the hundreds of cars stored behind the fence and almost immediately got matches with cars that had been reported stolen, including a silver car from a Northland apartment complex and a van.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/05/09/tow-lo...dealings-land-him-a-date-with-judge-and-jury/

Operates out of 31st street. Is that the same 31st as the first Quiktrip?

It's pretty close to Chrome. There could be zero link to this warrant and the case. It sounds like this guy has been towing people's cars unlawfully consistently, so it wouldn't be surprising if people who have reported their cars stolen have pointed to this location. Wouldn't surprise me if that is all it is. Posted it initially, because it's an example of what you might do to try and track down how the SUV got in the river.

Chrome? If I am looking at the map right, the QT she was said to be adamant about going to is closer to this tow place that Chrome.

I just wanted to throw this out there for what it is worth. All just my thoughts and opinions. The following picture is a screen shot I took of my daughter's Iphone location. She goes to Park University in Parkville, MO. We have the location sharing on for my sanity. :) Park University has an EXTENSIVE underground. Much of the campus is underground and there are 3 levels that I am aware of. I have only been in the first level, though I got turned around once and am not sure where all I traversed. The lower levels are rented out to businesses for many things, operations, storage, etc.. As I looked at her location and after she replied that she was fine, "just in class in the underground." It got me to thinking about how these locations things are not always exact. This is an example, also she had driven down to the boat ramp for me after they recovered Toni and her location showed up as in a field. So, my thoughts are, what if the ping location came up at the river but she was actually elsewhere, possibly even the underground. It would be a good place to meet someone. It is open at all times. Her phone was turned off there, but looked like it was at the river, then she was taken or went to the boat ramp where she ended up. I am sure the underground must have cameras, I wonder if LE looked at them. Just a thought. I hope this isn't breaking any rules, I just found it an interesting thought. IMG_2635.jpg

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread as of late due to my schedule.

For now, I'm going to assume it was an accident until I hear otherwise. (modsnip)

I just wanted to throw this out there for what it is worth. All just my thoughts and opinions. The following picture is a screen shot I took of my daughter's Iphone location. She goes to Park University in Parkville, MO. We have the location sharing on for my sanity. :) Park University has an EXTENSIVE underground. Much of the campus is underground and there are 3 levels that I am aware of. I have only been in the first level, though I got turned around once and am not sure where all I traversed. The lower levels are rented out to businesses for many things, operations, storage, etc.. As I looked at her location and after she replied that she was fine, "just in class in the underground." It got me to thinking about how these locations things are not always exact. This is an example, also she had driven down to the boat ramp for me after they recovered Toni and her location showed up as in a field. So, my thoughts are, what if the ping location came up at the river but she was actually elsewhere, possibly even the underground. It would be a good place to meet someone. It is open at all times. Her phone was turned off there, but looked like it was at the river, then she was taken or went to the boat ramp where she ended up. I am sure the underground must have cameras, I wonder if LE looked at them. Just a thought. I hope this isn't breaking any rules, I just found it an interesting thought.

GPS is different than a ping.

A ping is based on what tower the phone is using to connect/communicate with the network. A phone can be around 20 miles away from a tower and ping off of it. You might even ping off a tower further away, even though one is closer, because of load balancing. This is why pings are somewhat dubious in relation to determining a location.

GPS is a whole different thing and is far more precise. Which is why if Toni was using a GPS and that data was accessible, you could do a pretty good job of narrowing down where she was, or more specifically where her phone was. The gps on my phone sometimes drifts etc, so it's not unheard of that it might be imprecise based even on environmental factors,

Here's something on that topic :

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917707-Bad-GPS-Data-What-Why-How

Supposedly the gps insurance based device that was disconnected, was capable of determining she was at the QT when it mysteriously offline, likely by cross referencing with timestamps on videos and the bank transactions.

Interesting note about the university though, as I don't think that has been mentioned her yet.

I just wanted to throw this out there for what it is worth. All just my thoughts and opinions. The following picture is a screen shot I took of my daughter's Iphone location. She goes to Park University in Parkville, MO. We have the location sharing on for my sanity. :) Park University has an EXTENSIVE underground. Much of the campus is underground and there are 3 levels that I am aware of. I have only been in the first level, though I got turned around once and am not sure where all I traversed. The lower levels are rented out to businesses for many things, operations, storage, etc.. As I looked at her location and after she replied that she was fine, "just in class in the underground." It got me to thinking about how these locations things are not always exact. This is an example, also she had driven down to the boat ramp for me after they recovered Toni and her location showed up as in a field. So, my thoughts are, what if the ping location came up at the river but she was actually elsewhere, possibly even the underground. It would be a good place to meet someone. It is open at all times. Her phone was turned off there, but looked like it was at the river, then she was taken or went to the boat ramp where she ended up. I am sure the underground must have cameras, I wonder if LE looked at them. Just a thought. I hope this isn't breaking any rules, I just found it an interesting thought. View attachment 113206

What happens when you pull up your daughter then click /tap on that for an exact view? A blue area circle show up of it's not an "exact" location.

That actually is a screen shot of it after I tapped it. Not sure if the little blue circle is just faded into the blue river color or not there.

That actually is a screen shot of it after I tapped it. Not sure if the little blue circle is just faded into the blue river color or not there.

I bet you are correct... same Blue color.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member