Identified! MO - Troy, WhtMale 40-80, UP5012, GSW, Bill Blass suit & coat, Jun'84 - Jack Langeneckert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Quite right, i posted details from a link previously posted, atm cannot recall why, sorry!
Not to be confused with 2017 John Doe,

So Mississippi John Doe is Michael Lin West of Wichita Falls, TX. Not at all related to any Missouri John Doe cases.

Missouri John Doe near Troy, MO (also known as Lincoln County, MO John Doe) has been identified, but his identity is kept confidential per request of his family.

ETA: No, that doesn't seem right, either. Are there two Lincoln County John Does? Yes, it appears there are two. I'm not familiar with how the WS members who work on these cases classify them here, so I'll just say we have:

• Lincoln County, MO John Doe #1 - FUNDED- Discovered in 1984, near an outbuilding outside of Troy, MO. Over 6 ft tall, well dressed,Bill Blass suit, black cashmere overcoat, European ancestry - not yet identified

• Lincoln County, MO John Doe #2 - SOLVED- Discovered in 2006 in Cuivre River SP, Troy, MO. Family asks his identity and details not be released

ETA: to clarify the number, identity and status of 2 Lincoln Co., MO John Doe cases.

Hope this is correct.

Last edited:
DBM (wrong thread)

Last edited:
According to his daughter on social media, Troy John Doe has recently been identified as her missing father. There is still an ongoing investigation but i hope his name will soon be released.
She also mentioned her father was a real estate agent who disappeared the night he went to show a house. His car was found at the airport 3 days later

She also mentioned her father was a real estate agent who disappeared the night he went to show a house. His car was found at the airport 3 days later

Wonder if the car was processed/checked for fingerprints?

Or did 'they' decide that the realtor flew off to a new life?

Sad for the family -- likely wondering if he really ran off in 1984.

Since she indicates that he went to show a house -- then disappeared -- is there a record of the client or of the house?

Since she indicates that he went to show a house -- then disappeared -- is there a record of the client or of the house?
I believe they are still investigating.
Him showing a house to a client explains why he was so nicely dressed.
He would not be the first real estate agent who was mugged by a client. There was a similar recent case, the agent was booby trapped, robbed and killed and his car stolen.

LE may still be investigating that—and that’s why they haven’t officially released his name? I

It is terrible, almost 40 years and he was there all the time but nobody connected the dots. Even with his very distinctive height and clothing. His poor family.

I'm just catching up, but I wondered if his family had reported him missing? If so, with whom did they file the missing persons report? TIA, much appreciated.

If he worked in real estate and was called out to show a property, that would seem an opportunity for someone to attack him. I've not read of male real estate agents being attacked this way, but there are several cases followed here at WS of women real estate agents meeting that fate. Very sad. It's a risky job when agents have to meet with clients in vacant homes, isolated areas, etc.

Last edited:
I'm just catching up, but I wondered if his family had reported him missing? If so, with whom did they file the missing persons report? TIA, much appreciated.

If he worked in real estate and was called out to show a property, that would seem an opportunity for someone to attack him. I've not read of male real estate agents being attacked this way, but there are several cases followed here at WS of women real estate agents meeting that fate. Very sad. It's a risky job when agents have to meet with clients in vacant homes, isolated areas, etc.

The details haven’t been released to the general public yet. I hope soon! I suspect that finding his car at the airport MIGHT have thrown LE off, as of course, was probably intended. We also, I think, have no idea how far from where he disappeared, he was found?

The details haven’t been released to the general public yet. I hope soon! I suspect that finding his car at the airport MIGHT have thrown LE off, as of course, was probably intended. We also, I think, have no idea how far from where he disappeared, he was found?

Thanks. I'm sure we'll learn more from Othram when they make an announcement.

Even today when you report an adult mising, not much can be done by LE unless the person is known to be in danger.

Checked Othram's web site, but there wasn't any news. Hopefully we'll hear something this week or sometime soon.s Such a great service they provide.

March 29 2023 rbbm
''TROY, Mo.- The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department plans to release new information Wednesday on a cold case murder from the 1980s when a man’s body was found.

In April of last year, they began working with an anthropology professor from southeast Missouri State University, and a private forensics lab. They’re using DNA evidence to solve the 1984 murder.

The man’s body was found inside a pump house near Highway F. He was wearing expensive clothing, and had been shot in the head.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back