GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT but this always makes me wonder why are children aren't mature at that age now, when 50 years ago (or so) it was the norm to have children at 15. Ya know. My grandmother started having kids that early.

Yep, my aunt had her 1st at 15 also and my mom was 17 when she had me. I think kids nowadays are coddled and spoiled and not taught right from wrong so much. They aren't out working in the fields so family can survive and they don't have work ethics or appreciation for anything. I am speaking in generalities here as I know there are good kids out there and parents who teach right from wrong. I also think society has a good deal to do with it. The Paris's and Kim's and Brittney's and Lindsay's of this world are not good role models and I am disgusted by the things they do and their parents condone. Of course they are age now, but their parents did nothing when they were teens either.
Birth control is what they need if they can't handle a child. They need to understand the choices they make last a life time. JMO

Sorry for the o/t rant...

OT but this always makes me wonder why are children aren't mature at that age now, when 50 years ago (or so) it was the norm to have children at 15. Ya know. My grandmother started having kids that early.

Yes, and I know some that raised 12- 18. Amazing isn't it? They often worked in fields and all kind of conditions but managed to raise bunches of children with human decency. What happened? What changed? I am so thankful to the Good Lord my children are very protective of their young.

This morning before I logged on here I looked at some photos from my SIL of my youngest nephew (about to turn 3) at the grocery store holding sweet potatoes up to his ears to look like a bunny. Then I opened a video from a friend who has been desperately trying to conceive for years and after much heartbreak and crushingly expensive fertility treatments has succeeded. The video was a sonogram of her twins at the end of her first trimester. My heart filled with such love for these children, two of whom aren't even related to me! And then to come here and see that Tyler's mom has been arrested for his murder. It is incomprehensible. :(

I know there are people out there who are completely capable of killing or abusing their own children, but it shocks me every time. And I hope it will always shock me, because this should not happen as someone posted earlier (forgive me, I can't recall the poster's name at the moment, but you said exactly what I felt.) God forbid I ever let myself become jaded to the horror of such things, or that society ever does.

RIP sweet Tyler, of the adorable curly hair and big bright eyes. You deserved better than this.

SD filed a restraining order against the father. The father's parents were then appointed Tyler's co-guardians (I'm assuming this is in place of the father, since the RO probably prohibited him from seeing the boy).

http://www.ksdk.com/rss/article/285...filed-restraining-order-against-childs-father

the RO Shelby had on J was dropped after a month . . .

Father is disabled in some capacity, so his parents have been appointed guardians of him (J Ellington), not Tyler.

I have not seen where the Ellington's were appointed anything to do with Tyler Dasher.

from the article:

RO filed by Shelby Dasher against J Ellington in October 2010, and she canceled the order one month after it was filed.
In March 2011 Ellington's parents requested to become his legal guardian because he is disabled or incapacitated.

His legal guardian meaning their son (Tyler's father), not Tyler

WOW!!! Only 3% by strangers!!! It does happen, I suppose, but now I really realize why the parents are always suspects. Scary. I had no idea of that statistic. I guess it does make me feel a bit safer for my kids knowing that they aren't going to be killed by me or my family and that the chances of a stranger doing it are quite low. Not that I will give up vigilance, but it does make me feel better knowing that statistic for some reason.

Not to get OT, but it makes sense and gives me reason to have a good hard look at Deborah Bradley this morning. This does not look good for her, and convinces me (now more than ever) that a stranger prolly didn't break into her home and kidnap baby Lisa. Now if LE could only find the body!

White blob walking down the street - yah right. I think Shelby Dasher just made life harder for one Deborah Bradley.

Sorry -- carry on....

MOO

Mel

SD filed a restraining order against the father. The father's parents were then appointed Tyler's co-guardians (I'm assuming this is in place of the father, since the RO probably prohibited him from seeing the boy).

http://www.ksdk.com/rss/article/285...filed-restraining-order-against-childs-father

The restraining order is nowhere on casenet, so I'm not buying that is accurate... just a rumor from a friend maybe. Yesterday we heard a PO was in place, then we heard the other side of the coin that Tyler's parents had a great relationship. Even PO's that are dismissed are still on casenet. And the grandparents (father's parents) are not Tyler's co-guardians. They filed for guardianship of Tyler's dad, JE because he is the one that is disabled or incapacitated, but we don't know why. There is no court document in the Missouri system anywhere for custody, paternity or child support for Tyler himself.

Her facebook is still up. i know we are not allowed to report anything on facebook, but you can see her photos. they are of poor little tyler. from awhile ago. this is so sad.

I'm sure yall already found the other family member's facebooks, but if you haven't, i did find tyler's grandma, and a guy that must be a brother to shelby, and a sister in law. I guess I can't post the links though.

Anyone can have a child. We've seen it over & over again. Children treated as property to be used for one's own benefit and then discarded like trash It is NOT acceptable. We have failed as a society to protect the most innocent and vulnerable. I've begun to wonder if we've also raised a generation(s) who believe they are immune from responsibility & consequence. The outcome of the Casey Anthony trial makes me wonder if things will only get worse for children. How many more will do as they please and expect to get away with it.

I'm just so upset & angry. I don't know what the solution is but there must be something we can do. These horrific murders of children must end.

JMO

Non-locals... Fox2Now goes live again at 11 a.m. for their news broadcast.

Father is disabled in some capacity, so his parents have been appointed guardians of him (J Ellington), not Tyler.

I have not seen where the Ellington's were appointed anything to do with Tyler Dasher.

from the article:

RO filed by Shelby Dasher against J Ellington in October 2010, and she canceled the order one month after it was filed.
In March 2011 Ellington's parents requested to become his legal guardian because he is disabled or incapacitated.

Oops - I misread... I thought it was saying they requested to be co-guardians of Tyler. Thanks for pointing out my mistake!

Maybe he was newly disabled and that is why she cancelled the RO?

Having a family situation going on (not serious, but time consuming). I popped this thread open this morning and have just finished reading. I am so horrified by these cases and I had promised myself not to look. Right! How can one not look?

I am thankful they found Tyler so soon and have detained the mother. I wish movement like this would have happed with baby Lisa and so many others. There will be a COD, possibly a confession. I hope justice plays out smoothly in this case.

The restraining order is nowhere on casenet, so I'm not buying that is accurate... just a rumor from a friend maybe. Yesterday we heard a PO was in place, then we heard the other side of the coin that Tyler's parents had a great relationship. Even PO's that are dismissed are still on casenet. And the grandparents (father's parents) are not Tyler's co-guardians. They filed for guardianship of Tyler's dad, JE because he is the one that is disabled or incapacitated, but we don't know why. There is no court document in the Missouri system anywhere for custody, paternity or child support for Tyler himself.

Child support may have come from Social Security Disability paid to mother of Tyler and his parents would have been in charge of his since they had guardianship.

Just jumping off your post;

I am confused about the two sets of jammies thing, I feel like I am missing something important in their significance. What does two pairs of the same jammies mean to those of you who think it is hinky? I don't understand how that is hinky. Can someone give me a scenario please? Not being a smartie, I really am wondering. I thought it was mom all along and that it happened after grandma went to work but am missing the jammie thing.

I think she described what he was wearing when she put him to bed.....and, said his blanket was missing....she told LE this then, oooops! PJ's and blanket found in the house. Soooooo.....the duplicate excuse took flight. Raised 3 sons and have a grandson....never had duplicate PJ's. :crazy:

I am wondering if D.Bradley is following this case...

I think she described what he was wearing when she put him to bed.....and, said his blanket was missing....she told LE this then, oooops! PJ's and blanket found in the house. Soooooo.....the duplicate excuse took flight. Raised 3 sons and have a grandson....never had duplicate PJ's. :crazy:

I think you're right about the duplication and excuse for it. BUT
i have 5 boys and 1 girl and we DO have duplicate PJ's LOL
Some are because I have twins and so idential sets of PJ's were handed down to my younger kids..
As for the girl, I got lots of 2 pack carters deals available at Kohls where the bottoms are the same but the tops differ just a teensy tiny bit, but still coordinate.

News conference has been scheduled for 2 p.m. this afternoon. Shelby is being held on suspicion of first degree murder. The father was released from police questioning at midnight last night.

My theories MOOOOOO

Him being naked makes me wonder if he had a "blow out" in the middle of the night... Ya know the ones that go up the back almost to the neck! and she stripped him and put him in the bath and went back to bed and just left him there and he drowned.

Maybe she was in a rage over a poop or pee accident and drowned him on purpose over it

maybe she just staged the scene by taking his clothing off making it seem like a kidnapping..

MOOO

Child support may have come from Social Security Disability paid to mother of Tyler and his parents would have been in charge of his since they had guardianship.

Social security does not get involved in state child support. I know, I am raising my gd and her bio father is trying to get it and social security told me this. If someone claims a child as a dependent on their ssdi and it is approved the money does go to the custodial parent but the custodial parent has to notify ssdi so they can send them the portion that is for the dependent child.

Was just trying to not let the waters get muddy and keep it clear there is nothing legal in a change of custody for Tyler. They could have any agreement in support whatsoever, but didn't want the custody situation to become an issue when it's a non-issue.

from the article:

First, thanks for this info.
Secondly, if Tyler's birthday was September 28th 2010, i think that this is what was reported, this would mean the RO in October, was right after the birth sometime....quite quickly in other words....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28