GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the "olden days" teenagers and young women tried NOT to have babies.

But I see a recent trend which is very disconcerting, and it's rampant, IMO. So many teenage girls or young single women are getting pregnant, like it's a FAD. They are not even in established, serious relationships. I don't know if they feel they can: 1) trap the guy into caring/staying with them; 2) fill up an empty hole inside them; 3)think 'it will be fun to have my own baby to love me', etc., etc., etc.

I can't count how many young single girls in my area have had babies. None of them have secondary education, most of them have not finished high school. If they have jobs, it's at fast food places (nothing wrong with that, but they are very transient, i.e., not staying anywhere to move their way up). They drink and drug it up, their FB postings are vulgar and their lifestyle is scary. Some of them have 2 children. There is always a mother involved to help them out. Some of the mothers are questionable as well. It's crazy. None are married and these girls go through boyfriends like a kid goes through candy.

It scares me, both in terms of what will become of them, what will become of their children, and the burden all of this responsibility is taking on an already defunct government. I hope it's a passing trend to have babies and "baby daddies" at a young age. This isn't a trophy to show your friends. It's not a possession so you have someone to love you. It's a massive responsibility. And you can preach birth control all day and all night, but these kids do it on purpose, or at best are nonchalant about it. And you can't tell them anything...they already know it all. The only hope is that they figure it out later. But at what cost?

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/St-L...h-calls-after-Nancy-Grace-show-134109118.html

This article disturbs me. I felt St Louis County did their job. Why she felt they should take the brunt is beyond me. Maybe she should have directed her anger to the SA office?

Most definitely what she did was beyond ridiculous! The results were tying up the dispatch line of the police. What if someone was having a true emergency and couldn't get through because of this stunt? I agree with calling the Prosecutor's office... he is the one that decides what to charge her with, not the police. The St. Louis County Police did EVERYTHING by the book and had every man available on this case and that is what helped solve it so very quickly. They deserve accolades, not a bunch of irate people calling them about something they have no control over. MOO

From KSDK live a few moments ago...

They've interviewed Shelby Dasher's boyfriend, Edgar (? last name wasn't clear)... he is stating that Shelby was with him at his house the night before the murder and all they were doing was just hanging out with a few friends... no drinks, no drugs. He also states that he was at Shelby's house and HE is the one that called 911.

WOW... if he was there, did he spend the night? What did he hear? And what he recounted to the news is very similar to what someone posted on KMOV's site that said Shelby was at their house hanging out playing XBOX, and they didn't drink or do drugs, but smoked a blunt. Last time I checked smoking a blunt was doing drugs... MOO.

KSDK will have more with him at 5 & 6.

:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Went to website do not see anything posted.

Went to website do not see anything posted.

I don't normally watch that channel, but the teenager who resides here was watching Ellen with the Twilight cast on, so I ended up seeing their live report. I have noticed throughout this case they seem to be pretty slow to post to their website, whereas Fox is very quick, so is KMOV.

Here's his comment:

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: Well, Nancy, in this post-Casey Anthony era, I think that these disturbed women have learned or disturbed parents have learned that if they just keep their mouths shut that they may, indeed, be able to get away with murder.

So I think at least this woman had a conscience. At least this woman admitted to what she had done.

And the other thing that really stands out for me is the amazing law enforcement response we`re seeing in case after case after case of missing children now. They pull out all of the stops. They put helicopters in the air, get dogs on the ground, get boots on the ground and really give it every effort that they can.

I hope this helps !

Snipped and BBM: Marc Klaas said:

" ... At least this woman had a conscience." "At least this woman admitted to what she had done ..."

Nancy did not agree with Marc that "mommie had a conscience" ...

IMO, I think what Marc was trying to say was that when LE cornered Shelby, she eventually "broke" and "confessed" -- instead of coming up with a lot of bull and a bunch of "stories" ... and I think that's what Marc meant by "conscience" ...

I just wish NG would give her guests like Mr. Klaas a little more time to "explain" their comment if NG does not agree with it ... but -- that's NG for ya ! :innocent:

Tyler Dasher: Nancy 11/17/11 - YouTube

Marc Klaas comments start at appx: 13:35

Thank you both so much for answering my question. Awesome!

BBM and Snipped: I do AGREE with NG that "mommie" confessed because she was "busted" ... it's just NG can be so "rough" at times :innocent:

But IMO ... I guess what the differing point is:

WHEN did "mommie" realize she had a "conscience" ? This seems to be the point where many disagree -- which I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. And IF Shelby had ANY conscience at all -- she would have NEVER killed her baby !

I believe Shelby should be charged with the MAXIMUM PENALTY for what she did that adorable little baby !

But ... at some point, IMO "mommie" realized "the game was up" and LE was not "buying" her bull ...

MOO ...

But I juxtapose her kind of killer with someone like casey anthony or scott peterson or terri horman. They are so incredibly cold that nothing can break them and get them to vary their lies. They are scarier to me because nothing that is said to them by seasoned detectives, no psychology used on them, works. Maybe it is because they are so sociopathic.

Or maybe murderers like Shelby break not because they have a conscience, but because they are not as smart as the ones who reufse to tell the truth.

But I see a recent trend which is very disconcerting, and it's rampant, IMO. So many teenage girls or young single women are getting pregnant, like it's a FAD. They are not even in established, serious relationships. I don't know if they feel they can: 1) trap the guy into caring/staying with them; 2) fill up an empty hole inside them; 3)think 'it will be fun to have my own baby to love me', etc., etc., etc.

I can't count how many young single girls in my area have had babies. None of them have secondary education, most of them have not finished high school. If they have jobs, it's at fast food places (nothing wrong with that, but they are very transient, i.e., not staying anywhere to move their way up). They drink and drug it up, their FB postings are vulgar and their lifestyle is scary. Some of them have 2 children. There is always a mother involved to help them out. Some of the mothers are questionable as well. It's crazy. None are married and these girls go through boyfriends like a kid goes through candy.

It scares me, both in terms of what will become of them, what will become of their children, and the burden all of this responsibility is taking on an already defunct government. I hope it's a passing trend to have babies and "baby daddies" at a young age. This isn't a trophy to show your friends. It's not a possession so you have someone to love you. It's a massive responsibility. And you can preach birth control all day and all night, but these kids do it on purpose, or at best are nonchalant about it. And you can't tell them anything...they already know it all. The only hope is that they figure it out later. But at what cost?

Powerful post! You're right. They do it on purpose. The consequences be dam&ed! I think we have a culture of such narcissism today, that glorifies selfishness. Remember, they are the trophy generation. No one every really won at anything, everyone did, when they were kids because their self esteem was sacrosanct.

Of course, most young people today are not narcissistic murderers or irresponsible leaches. This younger generation (the millenial generation) is really into volunteering and can be very good team players. As a generation X'er (we are called the slacker generation), I notice both the good and bad in generation Y, the next set down. I guess the worst of the child rearing and education techniques popular when millenials were kids, really affected those with dysfunctional families, enabling parents, etc, while the rest of the kids are doing well. But we need to do something in this country about this attitude of entitlement and irresponsibility. Because the kids they make, that next generation? Man, how will they turn out?

I have missed the last day or so because of a heavy work load and my kid's heavy homework load. I am just reading a bit here and there. Did we find out if baby Tyler was still alive, but dying, when she dumped him? Sorry that sounds so crass! I just cannot believe another baby was taken from this life for just being a baby. He was so adorable! Flying with the angels now Tyler!

Shelby's friends seem to believe she was an independent mother and that is a big part of the problem with her generation IMO.She lived under her mothers roof,not employed and mostly likely Tyler's grandmother watched him in her off time.Since dad was disabled a ssd check was sent to Shelby every month,food stamps,free medical and probably on a list for free or almost free housing.Also now they give you a free cell phone if you get any of these programs.Her generation thinks this is an Independent mom but in reality they are very dependent on their parents and/or Government help.

I agree with you!I also think a lot use the system to be able to get away from home without working or staying in school.They have no idea how hard it is to live this way.I can just imagine mom nagging her to stay home,be responsible,get a job and the resentment building because in her mind she is now an independent mom.She wanted out of Affton according to a post she made.Hope I made sense lol.

I have missed the last day or so because of a heavy work load and my kid's heavy homework load. I am just reading a bit here and there.

Did we find out if baby Tyler was still alive, but dying, when she dumped him?

Sorry that sounds so crass! I just cannot believe another baby was taken from this life for just being a baby. He was so adorable! Flying with the angels now Tyler!

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_daf1c51a-996e-5e6e-a985-fd76d4262269.html
Veteran detective had immediate suspicions about missing St. Louis County child

--snipped--

Guinn also predicted Shelby Dasher would confess to the crime, said Chief Tim Fitch.

Ultimately, Guinn's gut was right.

Detectives say Shelby Dasher told them that when she couldn't get Tyler to stay quiet in his crib, she repeatedly struck him on the head and body, causing his death. She said she then hid Tyler's body in bushes in a wooded area about a mile from her home near New St. Marcus Cemetery, according to court documents.

The medical examiner determined Tyler died from blunt force trauma to the head.

Authorities would not say whether Tyler was still alive when his mother dumped his body.

---ETA----IF she "dumped the baby's body" while he was potentially still hanging in there--------i will NEVER be good with 2nd degree.​

IMO if we are going to compare Tyler's case to Baby Lisa's case, I think the difference could be that Shelby broke down quickly because she was confronted with a whole lot of evidence very early on that pointed away from a kidnapping and toward a murder. It doesn't seem that there was much initial evidence in Baby Lisa's case. They haven't even found that poor baby yet. I am not buying that Shelby has a conscience for one second. IMO if the evidence wasn't pointing directly at her, she would be out partying with her friends tonight instead of sitting in jail. Remorse is something I don't recall seeing from any of these baby killers. And maybe that's the difference between them and us. I feel awful if I accidently run over a squirrel, for goodness sakes!

Have there been MSM reports of this Edger being at the house with Shelby? Is he saying he was there when Shelby beat and dumped her baby? This is a whole new ballgame if true.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_daf1c51a-996e-5e6e-a985-fd76d4262269.html
Veteran detective had immediate suspicions about missing St. Louis County child

--snipped--

Guinn also predicted Shelby Dasher would confess to the crime, said Chief Tim Fitch.

Ultimately, Guinn's gut was right.

Detectives say Shelby Dasher told them that when she couldn't get Tyler to stay quiet in his crib, she repeatedly struck him on the head and body, causing his death. She said she then hid Tyler's body in bushes in a wooded area about a mile from her home near New St. Marcus

I bet that detective was a parent. I think any parent would be suspicious of a story about a mom 'oversleeping' until 11 am when there is a yr old baby boy in the house. That is not usually possible and I bet he knew it in his gut. :mad:

I am just shocked to my very core by this Momster!

wow just so heartbreaking I cannot imagine anyone acting like she did after she killed her baby! How could someone hide it like that? I took some psychology classes in college and sent the links to my old professor even he is shocked that she showed no signs and just snapped killing her baby. he seems to think there has to be more to the story, someone had to have seen her act out before or noticed a change in her behavior. Maybe they did notice something but didn't connect it. I can't see anyone being that good of an actress though she seems so cold-hearted. Inviting your boyfriend over for breakfast.....wow no words can express the sadness I feel for the loss of an innocent baby.

Ok. Stop. Please listen.
This may or may not matter to anyone here but I have to speak out.

My Nana - Bless her, she just went home on the 5th- Always told me that "You show your raising. So do not embarrass your mother.".

1- I was a young mother.Not totally by choice. But I met the love of my life in college and married him. Well things happen.We are still together 24 years later and I have 2 degrees and at times worked, went to school and adored my baby.
2-My daughter was a young mother.She was having some issues when OCA made the news. Did it affect my dealings with my daughter? Heck yeah. I was VERY observant. She made it. Found an awesome guy.Is in school has a beautiful boy to boot!
3-Yesterday I had to evict a tenant from one of our rental properties because she had moved an RSO in with her and her babies.In a duplex that housed another family with preteen children.

I will stand by my opinion that in a lot of cases these females are enabled by female relatives to put themselves before their children. I do know that there are exceptions. I know an awesome mom that suffered hellacious abuse. And OMG she puts me to shame as a mom.

Is there an answer? I think so. Break the cycle.Hypervigilance. Sex and Family education.

Ok the video interview with Shelby's boyfriend stopped very early on my computer and I didn't realize it at first. I just listened to the whole thing and...

My initial feeling is that he is being honest and straightforward. What do you guys think? I listened with a very skeptical ear and nothing he said really seemed contrived to me. One thing that bothered me though...he seems to almost be blaming Shelby's mom for some part in Tyler's death. He said Tyler always woke up at 6:30 and grandma didn't leave for work until 7:30 so she must have heard something, known something. I don't know if he is reaching, grasping at straws because he doesn't want to believe Shelby could have done this alone or what. He says grandma is in hiding. I'm trying to put myself in her place. Your daughter has just admitted to murdering and throwing your grandchild away like garbage, lying to the police about it and showing no remorse. The entire nation and especially the locals are angry and there are probably some haters making threats against the family. I guess it's possible she's "in hiding" but it seems more probable that she is freaking the heck out, mourning her grandchild and trying to figure out how she's now supposed to feel about her daughter. She is probably even experiencing some guilt feelings even if she had absolutely nothing to do with Tyler's death. She is probably staying with family or close friends and just trying to figure out how to get out of bed each day and go on with her life from here.

I feel so terrible for Shelby's mom, Tyler's dad and his parents, Shelby's boyfriend and all of her friends who are trying to make sense of this right now. You can see that they are shaken, confused, distraught. Shelby may have only murdered one person, but she injured many.

I wish they would start putting these "mother's" in general population. I'm sick of them getting special treatment. You do the crime and feel like you're a big powerful person for murdering a helpless baby... you should be able to stand your ground against petty drug dealers, gang bangers, etc...

Also, I am devastated for the grandmother in this case. The poor thing is going through so much right now, I don't even want to imagine. She wants to be left alone obviously and I think people should leave her alone to grieve and come to terms that her own daughter killed her own grandson. What a nightmare. I just want to hug her right now.

Shelby's boyfriend really shouldn't talk to the media either. Smoking blunts? He'll be lucky police are not at his door with a search warrant. And he also should not have commented on the grandmother. For all he knows, Shelby could have been telling him stories about her that weren't true. We all know how these selfish, spoiled mother's love to lie about how awful their parents are... when it is their parents that are raising the babies and not them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks
Back