GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nice video of the candlelight vigil for Tyler tonight. Friends interviewed, a snip of Tyler's dad & grandparents, and more in depth stuff from Chris Hayes.

http://www.fox2now.com/videogallery/66142554/News/FOX-2-Coverage-On-Beating-Death-Of-Toddler

Her friends are "so let down, so let down ... we are very hurt". I really feel for them having to deal with the loss of what they thought was a friendship, and especially the loss of Tyler. And my heart is completely broken for Christine Dasher tonight. Not only did she lose her precious grandson, but she also lost the last 20 years with her daughter. It has to be unimaginable to realize your child is capable of beating your grandchild to death.

Bouncing off your post, I'm glad she confessed. Imagine the tax dollars that would be spent if she kept denying it, a la Casey style.

I hope for Tyler's sake that there is justice. He deserves that much.

I realize this is cynical, but she admitted what she did today. It would be good if she plead guilty. But tomorrow or sometime soon, she will probably lawyer-up and start with a drug/mental illness/someone-made-me/I was coerced - it wasn't really me, etc. line of defense.

I will breathe a sigh of relief if she pleads guilty and gets sentenced.

Fox2 will have a report from one of the fathers friends who was questioned for hours by the police last night! I'm guessing non-locals can stream it at fox2now.com. How many people did she point the finger at before confessing?

]I just hope and pray he didn't know what hit him ... literally.[/B] I always hope that when we hear of Moms out of control going ballistic. :(

Does anyone know if it was the Grandma or SD renting the house? I understand they only lived there a year and the neighbors didn't really know them.

BBM

I pray that he was not conscious and had no idea he was being hurt by his mommy.

RIP beautiful, little baby Tyler. I'm sorry.

Family members are saying Shelby has been moved from the St. Louis County jail due to safety concerns for her. Unconfirmed by LE right now, and unclear where she was moved to.

The father's family is planning Tyler's funeral at the cemetery by where he was found. I saw someone on one of the media facebook pages donated a plot there to the family. Joe suffers from mental illness, which made it impossible to care for Tyler, but he was trying to get better to be there for Tyler. How sad :(

The father's friend was held by police for 14 hours yesterday for questioning because of his relationship with Joe, and because he had cuts on his hands that were totally not related to what happened to Tyler.

Nice video of the candlelight vigil for Tyler tonight. Friends interviewed, a snip of Tyler's dad & grandparents, and more in depth stuff from Chris Hayes.

http://www.fox2now.com/videogallery/66142554/News/FOX-2-Coverage-On-Beating-Death-Of-Toddler

Her friends are "so let down, so let down ... we are very hurt". I really feel for them having to deal with the loss of what they thought was a friendship, and especially the loss of Tyler. And my heart is completely broken for Christine Dasher tonight. Not only did she lose her precious grandson, but she also lost the last 20 years with her daughter. It has to be unimaginable to realize your child is capable of beating your grandchild to death.

Family members are saying Shelby has been moved from the St. Louis County jail due to safety concerns for her. Unconfirmed by LE right now, and unclear where she was moved to.

The father's family is planning Tyler's funeral at the cemetery by where he was found. I saw someone on one of the media facebook pages donated a plot there to the family. Joe suffers from mental illness, which made it impossible to care for Tyler, but he was trying to get better to be there for Tyler. How sad :(

The father's friend was held by police for 14 hours yesterday for questioning because of his relationship with Joe, and because he had cuts on his hands that were totally not related to what happened to Tyler.

Thank you for posting that video. It gives a lot of in-depth info. And I was wondering what those friends interviewed earlier were saying at this point, and now we know: they are not standing by her. At the bottom of the screen caption under their name it said 'Former Friend'.

On the FB pages dedicated to Tyler, I kept seeing mention of Crisis Nursery. What a wonderful place... Here's their page:

http://www.crisisnurserykids.org/

"The Saint Louis Crisis Nursery is committed to the prevention of child abuse and neglect and provides emergency intervention, respite care and support to families in crisis through:

Short-term care for young children in a safe and nurturing environment
Helping families resolve crisis
Offering resources for empowerment, ongoing support and parent education.
Community outreach and awareness
Advocacy for children and families."

ETA: I just listened to a clip on their website. They really are like a temporary safe haven if you need one. A staff member was saying that keeping a baby for a day or two can really help a mother regroup and assist with making the home a safe place again. And the babies do not go home until that home is safe.

Stella5 said:

http://www.fox2now.com/videogallery/...ath-Of-Toddler

Thank you for the link. I just cannot believe how controlled and laid back Tyler's mom is in that video (@ 5.20). :mad:

I've been gone all day. So sad. It certainly sounds like this case is completely wrapped up.

On the FB pages dedicated to Tyler, I kept seeing mention of Crisis Nursery. What a wonderful place... Here's their page:

"The Saint Louis Crisis Nursery is committed to the prevention of child abuse and neglect and provides emergency intervention, respite care and support to families in crisis through:

ETA: I just listened to a clip on their website. They really are like a temporary safe haven if you need one. A staff member was saying that keeping a baby for a day or two can really help a mother regroup and assist with making the home a safe place again. And the babies do not go home until that home is safe.

I watched the one press conference by the lead investigator, B. MacCullugh (spelling??) It was him who mentioned this crisis organization and asked all media to put the name out there.

The candle light vigil video was sad to watch. The paternal grandma looks so sad. The dad recognized his mental illness and was taking care of it, to get better for Tyler. At least he recognized his problems and was working on them...too bad mom didn't recognize her anger issues and do the same. If only SAD took advantage of this crisis organization....Tyler would still be smiling in our world today!

That vigil link was really informative but so difficult to watch. As bad as I feel for the people of this community, it's so heartening to see so many people who did and who didn't know Tyler come out and speak for this little boy. What a wonderful community Shelby lived in. It only reinforces the multitude of choices she had in dealing with her son. She was not alone. She was selfish.

If only SD brought Tyler here. :( I'm curious if Chicago/Suburbs have anything like this. There should be a Crisis Nursery in every state.

Haven't read any posts & see we are on page 2 but I just returned from the vigil . . . so sad!

Many of my friends were there without my prompting & the sadness we all felt.

We didn't care who or where Tyler came from -- we just cared that he was here!

Justice for Tyler!

I have finally caught up and read every post in the first and second Tyler threads. This has really taken everything out of me, as I'm sure others feel the same way. I never even got to any of the Baby Lisa threads today. Hoping maybe this will put more pressure on DB, and maybe, CA will be the second most hated person out there. Whatever may be, I have to take a break. This has all taken a toll on my mind. I'm at the point I'm having nightmares and I spent two hours today practicing "Stranger Danger" with the four year old that I keep. So it's sorta became overkill with me. It's not so healthy right now for me to have this obsession, passion, whatever you call it. I think I'll go play some computer games for awhile. I know that's not productive, but at least it's something that I can do for awhile that is pretty much mindless. Thanks to everyone who posted all day and kept us up to date. See you all soon. :sheesh: :baby: :no: :candle: R.I.P. Tyler

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but someone in the last thread asked if a nurse could expand on closed head injuries. I'm not yet verified, but I am an adult trauma ICU RN (no pediatric expertise). I see a lot of head injuries unfortunately.

As far as a head injury that could kill someone quickly; My first thought is epidural bleed or more commonly a subarachnoid hemorrhage, if bad enough. These bleeds cause an immediate increase in intracranial pressure (ICP). The head is a closed compartment, there is no room to tolerate swelling or bleeding. The brain has to go somewhere to accommodate the bleed as it gets larger. The only exit is at the base of the skull. Once the brain is pushed down past the base of the skull, it is herniated or "coned", which is immediately fatal. It presents as fixed dilated pupils, an abrupt irregular breathing pattern or loss of independent breathing, irregular, low heart rate and skyrocketing blood pressure (I've seen 250/200 on a patient in the process of herniating) followed by a dramatic drop and loss of blood pressure. This can all happen very suddenly, even in a seemingly recovering patient.

Another possibility is internal bleeding, if bad enough, the patient essentially bleeds out. Common culprits are spleen, pelvis, liver. A pneumothorax from a lung injury can proceed to tension pneumothorax quickly, which is deadly. I've also seen hemothoraxes (sometimes due to a broken rib severing a pulmonary artery) that can take people from perfectly normal to instantly unconscious and without immediate surgical intervention they would die in short order.

Another possible cause could be due to a high cervical spinal injury involving complete transection of the cord eliminating the person's ability to breath or control blood pressure/heart rate.

Obviously, I'm not privy to the details of this case, or the autopsy. So these injuries are my suspects in the absence of hard data and based on personal clinical experience.

It was emotional Wednesday night for Joe Ellington, 24, the father of Tyler Dasher, 1, allegedly beaten to death by his own mother, Shelby Dasher, 21.

There was a vigil in the wooded area next to St. Marcus Cemetery at the St. Louis City/Affton border, where Tyler`s body was found, Tuesday.

Ellington and his parents attended.
Ellington`s friends said his presence spoke volumes.

'All I want to ask Shelby is why was she trying to put this on Joe or somebody else,' said mourner, Renee Leisure.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-tyler-dashers-father-attends-vigil-20111116,0,4041517.story

I believe that in some cases we should perhaps revert back to "an eye for an eye". This is one of those cases. To know that, once again, an innocent and precious child was killed at the hands of the one person in the world that should protect them at all costs is making wish that the "mother's" life would be taken in the same manner in which she killed her child. Yes, I realize that sounds barbaric but at what point do we as a society put our foot down and say enough is enough?!? At what point do we realize that just because a person gives birth to a child it does not make them a mother? At what point do we realize that just because it is a "mother" that kills their child that they do in fact deserve the harshest punishment available? Perhaps when we make an example out of some of these "mothers" then others that come along after them will think twice about killing their own children.

MOO

I believe that in some cases we should perhaps revert back to "an eye for an eye". This is one of those cases. To know that, once again, an innocent and precious child was killed at the hands of the one person in the world that should protect them at all costs is making wish that the "mother's" life would be taken in the same manner in which she killed her child. Yes, I realize that sounds barbaric but at what point do we as a society put our foot down and say enough is enough?!? At what point do we realize that just because a person gives birth to a child it does not make them a mother? At what point do we realize that just because it is a "mother" that kills their child that they do in fact deserve the harshest punishment available? Perhaps when we make an example out of some of these "mothers" then others that come along after them will think twice and killing their own children.

MOO

Let's repeat that...

I have finally caught up and read every post in the first and second Tyler threads. This has really taken everything out of me, as I'm sure others feel the same way. I never even got to any of the Baby Lisa threads today. Hoping maybe this will put more pressure on DB, and maybe, CA will be the second most hated person out there. Whatever may be, I have to take a break. This has all taken a toll on my mind. I'm at the point I'm having nightmares and I spent two hours today practicing "Stranger Danger" with the four year old that I keep. So it's sorta became overkill with me. It's not so healthy right now for me to have this obsession, passion, whatever you call it. I think I'll go play some computer games for awhile. I know that's not productive, but at least it's something that I can do for awhile that is pretty much mindless. Thanks to everyone who posted all day and kept us up to date. See you all soon. :sheesh: :baby: :no: :candle: R.I.P. Tyler

I was just checking the threads before bed..was playing games on facebook for the same reason..I also hope it puts pressure on DB to remember a little more the night/day baby lisa went missing.. dunno

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back