GUILTY MO - Zemir Begic, 32, beaten to death, St Louis, 30 Nov 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did I read that the NG is leaving?
I have looked and can't find it, if they do then what?

“We’re going to have a little bit of fun blocking our own traffic,” Adnan Esmerovic, 27, told the Washington Post. “In Ferguson, they want to make a protest about nothing and yet that attracted attention across the nation. We’re just trying to keep more police down here because of these little thugs.”

“We’re just angry because we’re trying to protect our community,” said Mirza Nukic, 29, who was among 50 people who briefly blocked the intersection where Begic was killed.

"Seldin Dzananovic, 24, said the teens with the hammers confronted him farther north on Gravois Ave about an hour before the attack on Begic, but he was able to fight them off, only suffering cuts to the hands and neck."

"I will forever have a big piece of my heart destroyed," Denisa Begic wrote. "My big brother is gone, never coming back to us. wish this was a terrible dream. He was a great brother, son, husband and helped anyone. I want my brother back. He always protected me."

More at link.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/0...wielding-teens-beats-man-to-death-in-shadow/#

Some more snips of data and profile information about Zemir:

"We were all born in Bosnia and we came here in 1996,"
Rasim Begic said of Zemir and two other siblings. "

Zemir Begic was a teenager when he and his family fled Bosnia in the aftermath of a bloody civil war . In America, he found work, friends and love before meeting a cruel fate, his family said.

"He loved every race ," Rasim Begic said of his older brother, a karate instructor who will be buried in Waterloo, Iowa, where some of his family lives. "He had friends all over the world."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/0...n-community-sees-hammer-murder-as-hate-crime/

Sent from Tapatalk

I've been multitasking and catching posts sporadically, overlapping and skipping.

When I do that, I have a hard time using the Thanks button for any posts (I can't see who I've already thanked, get errors, and don't want to mess it up. Nope. Not over thinking at all :crazy: ).

Anyway, thanks for all the great posts! :thumb:

Have I missed it, or have they decided for sure to charge all the killers as adults?

Also, someone somewhere said LE said these teens had no criminal history. :confused:

Does anyone know where that came from or how much of a blanket statement it was?

My hinky meter pinged, as if LE didn't want to admit that there are red flags being missed.

Sent from Tapatalk

I've been multitasking and catching posts sporadically, overlapping and skipping.

When I do that, I have a hard time using the Thanks button for any posts (I can't see who I've already thanked, get errors, and don't want to mess it up. Nope. Not over thinking at all :crazy: ).

Anyway, thanks for all the great posts! :thumb:

Have I missed it, or have they decided for sure to charge all the killers as adults?

Also, someone somewhere said LE said these teens had no criminal history. :confused:

Does anyone know where that came from or how much of a blanket statement it was?

My hinky meter pinged, as if LE didn't want to admit that there are red flags being missed.

Sent from Tapatalk

No, what they said was this:
"none of the suspects appear to have anything in their criminal backgrounds to suggest they would do something of this magnitude."

Source:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_9f15bf49-c8b7-5bc3-8671-ac291f666084.html

That's a very different statement from saying these teens had no criminal history. It suggests to me that they do in fact have a criminal history, but they haven't been caught previously killing anyone with a hammer. JMO

No, what they said was this:
"none of the suspects appear to have anything in their criminal backgrounds to suggest they would do something of this magnitude ."

Source:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_9f15bf49-c8b7-5bc3-8671-ac291f666084.html

That's a very different statement from saying these teens had no criminal history. It suggests to me that they do in fact have a criminal history, but they haven't been caught previously killing anyone with a hammer. JMO

BBM
Thanks! That was what I read, but only came away with an impression about their records, because the part I bolded tweaked my meter.

It seems clear that the police are playing defense, as they have been for three months. The Bosnians have complained about not enough protection. KWIM?

I'm still waiting to learn more on that and the rest, but I don't care what these :censored: have been caught or convicted of in the past, I think they should be charged as adults.

(If one of the four was trying to stop it, indications are that Zemir's wife will say so.)

Sent from Tapatalk

Police have charged Robert Joseph Mitchell, 17, as an adult with first-degree murder and armed criminal action. He remained in jail Tuesday on a $750,000 cash-only bond. Two other unnamed suspects, ages 15 and 16, are in custody; juvenile court officials said they expect them to be charged as adults. A fourth suspect is at large.

Read more: http://www.kmov.com/news/just-poste...ter-hammer-death-284523941.html#ixzz3KsBwvNg3

Did I read that the NG is leaving?
I have looked and can't find it, if they do then what?

I have been reading here too long because everytime I see NG I think of Nancy Grace. I was like,Nancy Grace is leaving?lol.

I have been reading here too long because everytime I see NG I think of Nancy Grace. I was like,Nancy Grace is leaving?lol.

Same here.
I am like, what in world does this have to do with her?

Here you all are!

DOJ released a report about the Cleveland PD's use of force today. You can read it at Cleveland.com. Some of it didn't make sense to me but some of it definitely did. When I read the report I was kind of upset because I know someone whose son was killed by CPD and I know that the DOJ was looking at their case along with all the others. Yet the report that came out mentions cases not just of shootings but of improper use of tasers and restraints and substandard training and organizational procedures and not one mention of Dan's case and I was just like what? Seriously? I had to wonder if it was because he looked more like Zemir than Mike Brown, and it's a horrible thing to say or wonder, but lately, that doesn't seem quite so crazy a question to have. But when I looked on Dan's mom's FB today she was very excited about the report and even though his case isn't addressed in it she said the DOJ hasn't issued a conclusion one way or the other in Dan's case. So IDK. Maybe they are still looking into it but it's been like two years now, so I don't know what else they'd expect to find.

Anyway, I just thought it might be an interesting read for those of you in and near STL to see what kind of things they look at in these investigations and what they say. It was much more balanced in parts than I expected, and went beyond force issues to other practical concerns so it's pretty comprehensive in that respect.

Some more snips of data and profile information about Zemir:

"We were all born in Bosnia and we came here in 1996,"
Rasim Begic said of Zemir and two other siblings. "

Zemir Begic was a teenager when he and his family fled Bosnia in the aftermath of a bloody civil war . In America, he found work, friends and love before meeting a cruel fate, his family said.

"He loved every race ," Rasim Begic said of his older brother, a karate instructor who will be buried in Waterloo, Iowa, where some of his family lives. "He had friends all over the world."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/0...n-community-sees-hammer-murder-as-hate-crime/

Sent from Tapatalk

when i think of a neighborhood/community - several blocks perhaps - but the "70,000" from the article surprised me = that's a town!

although the link below says the #'s inflated.

interesting statement from the family - quite a contrast from what we've seen imo

"I do want life in prison," Rasim said. "Not just to the 17-year-old. I want it to all four of them. This is not something any family should go through."

Asmir struck a more measured tone: "We're just going to let the court system and the justice system to decide on that end. And whatever the decision is made, it's not going to bring Zemir back. But we're going to have to accept the fact that whatever the court system decides, that's what we have to accept and that's what we have to live by."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ics-family-gathers-in-iowa-to-mourn/19864129/

St. Louis Police, FBI investigating Friday attack on Bosnian woman as hate crime

St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson has called in the FBI to help investigate what he is calling a hate crime because the woman assaulted by three black teens is Bosnian.

The early Friday morning incident occurred in the Bevo Mill neighborhood where earlier this week a Bosnian man was brutally murdered with a hammer by a group of teens.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_d71b49dd-b8a5-5f9c-9803-93b1ffbe56f3.html

St. Louis Police, FBI investigating Friday attack on Bosnian woman as hate crime

St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson has called in the FBI to help investigate what he is calling a hate crime because the woman assaulted by three black teens is Bosnian.

The early Friday morning incident occurred in the Bevo Mill neighborhood where earlier this week a Bosnian man was brutally murdered with a hammer by a group of teens.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_d71b49dd-b8a5-5f9c-9803-93b1ffbe56f3.html

This could get real ugly!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~
Back