Moderators -PLEASE LOCK OUT GUESTS WHEN FULL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like you're saying some posters are more important than others. To loosely quote Trish "everyone brings something to the table". Even if they don't post, how do you know that something they *read* here doesn't result in a clue or tip turned in?

(sorry, can't remember to whom this is directed specifically, started to post and then got locked out (wry smile!) but had copied it first.

I just remembered this. Way back when before Tricia bought websleuths the site use to put up a sticky asking lurkers to register, check in and post. That would be neat. Of course everyone can't and won't but it may cause alot of new memberships and give some names to some numbers, thus making more work on mods, I know.

I know I had read those posts several times before I registered and it helped me make my decision to join.
TY , may Tricia be Blessed for the monies she spends. Staying in budget is a good character trait in my eyes.

Same here.

When I do log in, I get (automatically) logged off pretty quickly. I guess, because it takes me a while to read.:blushing:

Me too, Diamond and sometimes I get very :confused: about what I read so have to read again!

Thank you . Very well said! Now can we all get back to the forums and stop bickering. Remember, everyone has an opinion and the moderators are here to do just that...moderate and also make sure that everything runs smoothly. Becasue of the Caylee case, there are a ton more people on here than before. Hopefully her case will be solved very soon and then I'm sure that there won't be as many people on here as there are now. Patience is a virtue.

This thread is ridiculous and offensive. This isnt your own private club.

Not to mention the fact that I BLINK and get signed out of websleuths!!
:furious:
And, yes, I've tried all the things that have been suggested in the help thread & it doesn't help me at all, thankyouverymuch.

The only reason I suggested this is because with so many guests who can't post the information stream is gone. We can't get the most up to date info, so there is really nothing for guests to read current.

We don't pay, but we also devote a lot of enery to keeping each other up on case information, so in reality we "do pay."

"Guest" doesn't mean you don't participate, contribute or are not a member of WS. I mean, just read this thread...there are people who have been here for several years. Why should they be locked out...they've been here all along?

Anyhow...that was my reply, that I couldn't get through earlier. However, cleared it up for all of us.

Not to mention the fact that I BLINK and get signed out of websleuths!!
:furious:
And, yes, I've tried all the things that have been suggested in the help thread & it doesn't help me at all, thankyouverymuch.

Same here...I thought it was just me (reading too slow or something).

I don't know why Tricia hasn't asked for donnations to get a larger server for this board. Certainly Websleuths is well known. I wouldn't mind contributing as I am certain all of you wouldn't mind either. We did thinks like this in the past for the site before Tricia bought it.

IMO this is the #1 site to come to in regards for new related to missing or murdered children. The site has grown immensely over the years and has gotten a lot of national recognition, I hate to see it inopperable because of a slow server.

Same here...I thought it was just me (reading too slow or something).
You're not alone, believe me. The starting post to this thread made me very cranky. ;) hugs sent your way.

I THINK my problem might be that I have Internet Explorer cleaner installed on my computer, and it clears the cookies when I go to different websites.

Me too, Diamond and sometimes I get very :confused: about what I read so have to read again!

Haha, I read some posts more than once too. There's always something going on around here and (the older I get) can't handle some distractions.:crazy:

I would be willing to donate. I believe most of us would. I sure wish Tricia would consider it. Even a dollar a month with 14, 000 members would really help enlarge the server.
Hopefully this goes through I have been trying to get on since mid morning. Yes, it's frustrating.

Wow! Yes, there has been major overload issues with WS these past couple of days. I have been lurking this site since Jon Benet Ramsey. I have tried to register for many many years, with no success. I just recently realized that it may be due to my e-mail addy. I changed it and was able to access the forum finally in 10 years. If I had been locked out all these years because I could not register, I would have lost so much information out there. When all else fails people, try the chatroom. The link is provided on WS, and you don't have to do much. That is where I go even when WS is down, but most people do show up on the chat, because that is the only source of information when the forum is down. So please. don't ask to shut out newbies, or other's because of server overload. Just head to the chatroom. Simply solved solution.

ETA: I also had issues with WS logging off before clicking the REMEMBER ME button. That has helped and I don't get logged off every second anymore.
:praying: for Caylee

You're not alone, believe me. The starting post to this thread made me very cranky. ;) hugs sent your way.

I THINK my problem might be that I have Internet Explorer cleaner installed on my computer, and it clears the cookies when I go to different websites.

:blowkiss: Haha, I wasn't too happy about the request either.

I'm not certain why it happens to me (nothing like that installed). I will be logged in and sometimes go to post...only to get the sign in page. It doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't want to be locked out over it.

I can live with the server being too busy sometimes , because there's no way I can pay to get on the sites that I go to since I have too many responsibilities. When I can't get on I just search the topic and go read at blogs or my other interests for a few minutes.

This is ridiculous and kind of rude imo.

The problem with the server being busy seems to happen mainly when there is a new crucial piece of evidence that has been unveiled. I get frustrated, too, and want to stay right on top of what is being said and happening - I WANNA KNOW RIGHT NOW!!! Which is how I was feeling today when I couldn't get in to read the latest updates.... Then I got to thinking, what does it matter if I FIND OUT RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE or wait until things settle down a little bit and then find out - and I decided it doesn't matter. I get so wrapped up in these cases that I want to KNOW RIGHT NOW, but it doesn't really matter, because I'll eventually find out anyway - and when I do find out, it will probably be more factual and hold a lot more substance than all the frenzy posting that goes on when we think something is about to unfold.

No it is not. Many boards have to close their boards to guests when it their is a server overload. I think it is the wisest decision to make it easier for the members that participate on these forums.
this is not in a private section of the board. It is the public section and as such should remain open.

Would it help to go back to 'naked' posts, no pics, avatars, siggys, etc.? Remember when we had to remove all that stuff so the board would run more smoothly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau